Which Coloured Acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshmammy

Reaction score
I use IBD acrylics. I have decided to try out coloured acrylics, I have some ideas in my head for art I would like to try. Which coloured powder do you recommend?

If you are using the IBD system, do they not have any coloured powders in their range?.
You shoulds always stick to the system i.e. IBD monomer liquid with IBD polymer powders for best results.

I use Creative coloured powders. They do Mosaic and Metro. For a sample of them you could get the Custom Blending Kit from Creative, think you'd have to do a conversion course first though, unless you are trained with Creative! xx

IBD do coloured acrylics range, hard to come by, you can import from the US. I have heard that EZ Flow coloured acrylics are other system compatible and INM I think. Can anyone clarify?

NSI do a great colour kit,comes with a colour matching guide..So you can mix lots of different colours from these 12 powders:)

I use IBD acrylics. I have decided to try out coloured acrylics, I have some ideas in my head for art I would like to try. Which coloured powder do you recommend?

well for me it has to be EzFlows design powders (its how i came across EzFlow over 5 yrs ago ... now look at me!...lolol)

if you call the ezflow no. 0845 330 0840 or speak to someone at graftons (who also distribute IBD) they will be able to get a product guide sent out to you
if you want to have a look sooner check out the EzFlow website
Ez Flow Nail Systems - Acrylic nail systems, nail art, glitter acrylics, wraps & uv gels

hth

Jess
xox

I like Ez-Flow....I have every single colour that they have...sad arent I :)....also have a few INM as well....I have found them to be quite compatable with each other.....

Well, I have just placed an order to import from the US some IBD coloured powders and I also have ordered some EZ Flow boogie nights Carnival acrylics, the colours looked so nice. Now will have to wait a week for delivery, I'm not so good at the waiting.

Well, I have just placed an order to import from the US some IBD coloured powders and I also have ordered some EZ Flow boogie nights Carnival acrylics, the colours looked so nice. Now will have to wait a week for delivery, I'm not so good at the waiting.

where did you order them from ?

id be really interested to hear as we have UK distributors so there is no need to get them from the states

Jess
xox

I use the EzFlow range of Coloured Acrylics. IMO they have the best range - hands down (excuse the pun!!!!)

where did you order them from ?

id be really interested to hear as we have UK distributors so there is no need to get them from the states

Jess
xox

Two reasons I ordered from the States, one, I wanted the IBD colours, they are really hard to come by here. The ez flow were not a problem. Second the pound is so strong against the dollar at the moment £1 = $2, so much cheaper to import. Just the wait is the bad part!

I use Ezflow, have Creative and NSI too but the colour range in Ezflow is fantastic.

Ju xxx

Two reasons I ordered from the States, one, I wanted the IBD colours, they are really hard to come by here. The ez flow were not a problem. Second the pound is so strong against the dollar at the moment £1 = $2, so much cheaper to import. Just the wait is the bad part!

these threads mite be of interest

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/7623-has-anyone-ordered-ez-flow-products-recently-usa-3.html

http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/6186-how-impressed-am-i-4.html

im nt going to really add to what others have said in the above threads

but........you may think your saving your pennies from getting things nt via the correct UK distribution channels...but you also have to think of your clients... what if there is something wrong with your products?/.....
..... who is there to back you up?....
you cant expect a uk distriubtor to if you havent got your products from them.....
youll also find youll nt be covered with your insurance either.....
. there are reasons why it can be more expensive to buy things in the UK for some products... there are import and custom taxes and thats not including shipping costs....

im nt an importer or a distributor but i support my UK distributors and they inturn support us and the UK industry!

Jess
xox

Firstly, I should like to draw your attention to the fact, that this is my first attempt at using coloured acrylics, I started this post to ask advice on which coloureds all you geeks prefer. I will not be practicing my first attempts on clients, it will be myself or spare tips, later willing friends. I am sure it will take me many attempts to perfect.
Secondly, if you can point me out an authorised supplier of IBD coloured acrylics in South Wales, or via internet order, I will be most grateful. I only use IBD in my salon.
Thirdly, price is very important to me, I have only had my salon for 9 months, every penny I have earned has been pumped back into expensive equipment, such as an automated spray tanning booth, new cutting stations, salon chairs and nail station. As you geeks will appreciate, setting up is not cheap, when I can import from the States for less than half the price, that distributors charge in the UK, plus a lot of the UK distributors will not sell you a brand unless you have attended their training, even though you have completed training with another reputable firm. Where do you go for a good quality product? Answer: Where you can get it, at the price you want it.
I am sorry if that annoys some, but that is the way I feel. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

It might not end up as cheap as you think though as you'll have to pay import duty and handling charge, which does up the cost considerably....

I import loads of stuff from the States, not just nail stuff, not once have I had to pay import tax or customs charges. I regularly import backscratchers tip and dip acrylics for some friends who only want temp party nails, again, Supernail the UK stockists are very expensive and want you to spend a fortune on their training, less than half price to import form the States. I don't pay import or customs tax on them, who knows, perhaps I will one day, but its still gonna be cheaper.

Firstly, I should like to draw your attention to the fact, that this is my first attempt at using coloured acrylics, I started this post to ask advice on which coloureds all you geeks prefer. I will not be practicing my first attempts on clients, it will be myself or spare tips, later willing friends. I am sure it will take me many attempts to perfect.
Secondly, if you can point me out an authorised supplier of IBD coloured acrylics in South Wales, or via internet order, I will be most grateful. I only use IBD in my salon.
Thirdly, price is very important to me, I have only had my salon for 9 months, every penny I have earned has been pumped back into expensive equipment, such as an automated spray tanning booth, new cutting stations, salon chairs and nail station. As you geeks will appreciate, setting up is not cheap, when I can import from the States for less than half the price, that distributors charge in the UK, plus a lot of the UK distributors will not sell you a brand unless you have attended their training, even though you have completed training with another reputable firm. Where do you go for a good quality product? Answer: Where you can get it, at the price you want it.
I am sorry if that annoys some, but that is the way I feel. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

the UK distributor for both IBD and EzFlow is Grafton International
and i am sure if you ring up customer services on 01827 280 080 (or the ezflow number 0845 330 0840) they will be willing to answer all your questions re products and prices
if you want to look at the website its Welcome to Grafton International

i was just pointing out that like Cathie said it mite not work out cheaper in the long run with taxes etc....
.... i wasnt saying that you were going to work on clients i just advised that your insurance etc... maynot be covered and i also strongly believe we need to support the UK industry and UK distribution as im sure you can understand by trying to get a better deal via the wrong route, thinking you are making a saving will in the long run only make prices etc... in the UK higher for the rest of us... hardly fair imo
price is also important to me too.....i totally know how hard setting up a salon is ive only had mine for just 2 years

Jess
xox

I trained with Graftons. I have phoned them on several occasions, they are not good at answering the phone. When you leave a message, they don't get back to you. I think a lot of geeks in other threads have found this. But I will keep trying. Also I checked the Graftons website, before I started this thread, under the distributors link, it gives a phone number to call, I have tried, no response. If I did have a response I would have ordered from them, as I have said I am not good at waiting, I really want to try out my coloured acrylics now! Lets quit the arguing and get back to the original topic, which coloured acrylics does everyone use and recommend.

the UK distributor for both IBD and EzFlow is Grafton International
and i am sure if you ring up customer services on 01827 280 080 (or the ezflow number 0845 330 0840) they will be willing to answer all your questions re products and prices
if you want to look at the website its Welcome to Grafton International

i was just pointing out that like Cathie said it mite not work out cheaper in the long run with taxes etc....
.... i wasnt saying that you were going to work on clients i just advised that your insurance etc... maynot be covered and i also strongly believe we need to support the UK industry and UK distribution as im sure you can understand by trying to get a better deal via the wrong route, thinking you are making a saving will in the long run only make prices etc... in the UK higher for the rest of us... hardly fair imo
price is also important to me too.....i totally know how hard setting up a salon is ive only had mine for just 2 years

Jess
xox

It seems to me that everyone is looking for a bargain these days.
If you buy from your distributor you will be informed of special offers as they happen.
Many items are at a saving at regular intervals.
Sometimes I have looked at threads here at "supposed" bargains and they are really not what they seem to be.
If you buy from another source just be aware that the product may be:-
Cr*p, old stock, been sat in the sun for a good while, for a long period of time etc.
Stolen goods.
Or shipping expenses are high.
This is not just about EzFlow products, it's about all nail products.

It seems to me that everyone is looking for a bargain these days.
If you buy from your distributor you will be informed of special offers as they happen.
Many items are at a saving at regular intervals.
Sometimes I have looked at threads here at "supposed" bargains and they are really not what they seem to be.
If you buy from another source just be aware that the product may be:-
Cr*p, old stock, been sat in the sun for a good while, for a long period of time etc.
Stolen goods.
Or shipping expenses are high.
This is not just about EzFlow products, it's about all nail products.

i totally agree hunnio.... its the UK industry i was meaning nt just EzFlow with regards to the correct distribution
i mention EzFlow as its a brand i know v well and have a good working relationship with my UK distributor, Graftons

Jess
xox

Latest posts

Back