which course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estherlou

Reaction score
Hello all:green:
I'm having a bit of a time deciding on my next training course to do, i'm going for it with all things wax:lol: (thanks andy!!) but i want to add a completely new treatment to the list. Unfortunately I think i'm going to have to avoid massage:cry: my wrists just aren't strong enough, had carpal tunnel in pregnancy and it creeps back from time to time.
The things that appeal to me the most are the following
* Eyelash Perming
*Individual lash extensions
*Hopi Ear candling
I really can't make up my mind. Going over my clients my typical lady would be between 40 and 60 and either retired or not needing to work. Top treatments for me are brow shaping lash tinting and pedicures. Aside from waxing bits and bobs i think i can only realistically do one course before the start of next year so i want to choose the right one. I've had equal enquiries for all three, arghhh, :eek:any advice welcome.:green:

Hi Esther

Its a shame about the massage thing as I havent found the treatments you thought about are that popular (although havent done ear candling).

I would have said spray tan but not if it would fit in with your target client age.

Do you already do facials?

Hi hun, I offer airbrush tanning already and do a fair amount of that, I do a fair amount of facials too, i'm a bit stumped, can't really afford to to train up to my level three for electricals until next year either x

just seen the current thread on ear candling, maybe thats not the best way to go!

why dont you save your pennies until you can afford the course you really want to do (electricals). to be completly honest, all of the course you are suggesting are not hugely popular,and although you will get some initial interest i would question their sustainability. if i were to choose any of the above it would be the ear candling. Hot stone massage would take the pressure off your wrists (do you already have massage?), and indian head does not require that sort of pressure either- these tend to be popular treatments. Good luck xx

why dont you save your pennies until you can afford the course you really want to do (electricals). to be completly honest, all of the course you are suggesting are not hugely popular,and although you will get some initial interest i would question their sustainability. if i were to choose any of the above it would be the ear candling. Hot stone massage would take the pressure off your wrists (do you already have massage?), and indian head does not require that sort of pressure either- these tend to be popular treatments. Good luck xx
thanks hun you're probably right, i don't have massage at all at the moment so i'm not able to go for hot stone or ihm, its me being impatient i guess, got the training urge!:)

I do ear candling, - not very popular, maybe 1 every 6 months!
i trained in individual eyelash extensions - too time consuming and not very popular, too high maintenance

I do find eyelash perming quite popular, but not doing them every week, more 1 or 2 a month.
hope that helps a little. By far my most popular treatment is facials and pedicures/manicures

At many training providers you dont need massage before you do IHM xx

At many training providers you dont need massage before you do IHM xx
thanks hun, i didn't realise that. Indian head massage definately appeals to me, i find the hand/arm and foot/leg massage i do doesn't aggravate my wrists and thumbs too much and the facial and shoulder is fine too, i know full body would be too much though, do you know any of the providers that don't require full body massage qualifications first xx

Holistic training centre - southampton(really good, two days plus assessment day)
southampton city college (evening classes)
Highbury college (evening classes)

i think there are quite a few other providers, but couldnt say which others to be certain.hths

Holistic training centre - southampton(really good, two days plus assessment day)
southampton city college (evening classes)
Highbury college (evening classes)

i think there are quite a few other providers, but couldnt say which others to be certain.hths
thanks hun thats a great help xx

Out of the three suggested then I would probably go for the Eyelash Perming.

This is the next course I am going to do, think its about £100 for the course then kit around £60.

I would love to train in Hopi Ear Candles but I don't think my clientele would be that interested in it, I can't even remember it being that popular in the spa.

Does anyone know the differences between the Esthetician and the Beauty Therapist?
I am on the net looking at the courses and its a bit different but what do you know on the subject? And can anyone recommend a good place for spa treatment courses.

Thanks a bunch

Latest posts

Back