Which % for toner! No 1.9% left!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLou

Reaction score
Sorry for what may se like a dumb question, I have no 1.9% left and I need to do a 10/6 toner today, I have 4% and pastel, which would you recommend to use out the two? Many thanks xxxx

What colour company? 4% may make it feel darker than intended, you can usually use 6% to tone with as well... Just not on virgin dry hair :) best of luck

Pastel is approximately the same as 1.9%.

Sorry should have mentioned that! It's wella colour touch 10/6 onto fresh bleached hair (scalp application) xxx

actually while were on the subject if I may pick your brains again lol I have a red later on and I've had problem using 4% do you think using pastel would be better? Or I was considering using 6% but worried I'll get root glow....that again is wella 66/45 with a quarter of 77/45 and dash of mix tones /45 xxxx

What colour company? 4% may make it feel darker than intended, you can usually use 6% to tone with as well... Just not on virgin dry hair :) best of luck

Why do you tone with 6%?

This is comfusing. I know we are talking wella, but is the red color touch or koleston perfect? Whats the client's base?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well I'm breaking the rules massively so please don't lecture I know for good reason lol

the red is actually koleston perfect but as I had problems I decided to mix it with a lower peroxide which was 4% so really
I should have used colour touch colour I know, but I had left over colours and just thought id try. It turned out perfect!! Perfect from root to tip, so it was 66/45 77/45 koleston with 4%.....last time it didn't come out as vibrant, roots were very slightly still showing through underneath the colour, I think this due to the client taking a lot of pills for gym, (wasn't taking them the time before) but I was just curious wether to go with 4% or try pastel even, if it's literally depositing colour OR try 6% as normal, lift it slightly to get it bright but then there's the worry with root glow?.,,,, sorry extremely confusing not to mention I'm breaking the rules but if you have and thoughts please share ;) xxx

4% won't darker and it's not recommended to use 6% to tone.

Your profile doesn't state you do hair or perhaps it's just coming up blank on my iPad?

Pastel is 1.9 x

Thanks geeks I used pastel and it worked perfectly 😊😊😊 may stick with that actually it seemed to work better than the other.

And the red I went for 4% it turned out great! Good day 😊

Latest posts

Back