Which Geek thought of this money spinner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a real shame people that actually work aren't offered a pampering for free.
Absolutely ridiculous!!!! 

I've seen it all now!

Agree with ruby, how about giving some kind of reward to those that go to work, those that work hard & don't have a penny left once the taxmans got his mitts on there wage & all the ridiculously expensive bills have been paid!

That's who should get that kind of reward if you ask me! x

Sent from my HTC Desire C using SalonGeek

To be fair it doesn't surprise me one bit! What a waste of money! Pathetic

Aberdare is not far away from me - amazed that they think a tan is going to help someone get a job. Doesn't seem to be any sense behind it at all. I would think that getting them a voluntary position or a few days work experience would be better as most people seem to get told they don't have enough experience to do the jobs they are applying for.

I would think that getting them a voluntary position or a few days work experience would be better as most people seem to get told they don't have enough experience to do the jobs they are applying for.

What a great idea, makes perfect sense!

I got no skills, but I got me a crackin tan. Can I have a job?

I got no skills, but I got me a crackin tan. Can I have a job?
Sadly that is pretty much spot on.

How on earth a tan is going to make someone more employable I have no idea. There are so many people applying for the very few jobs out there that those who really don't have any qualifications or experience would benefit from a free tan - I doubt it, experience of working on the other hand in any job would be better than a pretty much empty CV.

I worked out the solution to the employment problems ages ago, reduce tax's business's have to pay, BUT... The savings must go on employing someone new permanently. That or giving one day where all tax, vat etc is off, it will make more people shop, people get a reduced price and the shops earn that bit more so they can afford to employ someone xoxo

I worked out the solution to the employment problems ages ago, reduce tax's business's have to pay, BUT... The savings must go on employing someone new permanently. That or giving one day where all tax, vat etc is off, it will make more people shop, people get a reduced price and the shops earn that bit more so they can afford to employ someone xoxo

If only it were that simple!

Unfortunately many successful companies are struggling at the moment and don't want the burden of babysitting a jobseeker on work experience, especially those who need it most - without any quals or experience themselves!

I highly doubt everyone who wants w/exp wants it in retail & equally not many retailers want to flood their sales floors or centres with untrained w/exp folk.

Unfortunately, unemployment is a huge problem with no quick or easy solutions. Xx

I think it's unfair, it seems those that don't work get priority over those that do. Same as when a 16 year old gets pregnant, they get whatever they want.

Well this made it onto the Wright show this morning.

They seemed to think that maybe the tan (or makeover) offered by the charity might be enough to improve peoples self confidence enough to get them through an inverview.

I suppose a makeover (I'm thinking a haircut, quick make up lesson, eyebrow wax etc..) might make enough of a difference to someone who has low self esteem, they may feel they now look the part to get the job and therefore perform better in the interview.

I still think there are better ways to help people get jobs but at the end of the day it is a charity offering these tans and make overs so at least they are trying to do something.

I'm sure there are better things charities can spend their money on.

And I'll bet your bottom dollar the appointment book will be full Friday & Saturday!

someone somewhere should get sacked for this, its such a waste of tax payers money

First I've heard of all this & I'm speechless!xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

It is not tax payer money being spent, it is not a government thing, it is a charity offering the treatments.

It is a charity in Aberdare who have teamed up with the jobcentre and are offering to help those who have actually been trying to get employment (only those who have been attending interviews but not getting the jobs). They believe that by giving the jobseeker a make over or a spray tan it will imporve their self esteem and make them feel more confident in an interview.

I don't think it is the best way to help people back into work but I do have to say that the charity is at least making some effort and is trying to help those who are wanting to work. They offer help and advice about other things as well as the make over and free tan - cv writing, relaxation (not to be stressed in the interview), nutrition and personal appearance.

The charity does not offer the free tan and make over to just anyone who is unemployed, they do have to be making an effort to find work before they can be refered to the charity.

It is not tax payer money being spent, it is not a government thing, it is a charity offering the treatments.

It is a charity in Aberdare who have teamed up with the jobcentre and are offering to help those who have actually been trying to get employment (only those who have been attending interviews but not getting the jobs). They believe that by giving the jobseeker a make over or a spray tan it will imporve their self esteem and make them feel more confident in an interview.

I don't think it is the best way to help people back into work but I do have to say that the charity is at least making some effort and is trying to help those who are wanting to work. They offer help and advice about other things as well as the make over and free tan - cv writing, relaxation (not to be stressed in the interview), nutrition and personal appearance.

The charity does not offer the free tan and make over to just anyone who is unemployed, they do have to be making an effort to find work before they can be refered to the charity.

But it does involve money, to buy stock, insurance etc and where does that money come from?

From the non profit making charity. They obviuosly feel that they are giving something back to the community by doing this.

Don't get me wrong I have said right from the first time I heard anything about it that it's not really the best way to help job seekers but then when I think about it and look into it a bit more I think at least they are trying to help.

The area is one of major unemployment and there are lots of people who don't even try to get work, they just accept their dole money and try to live off it, but those who are trying to get into employment are getting a bit of help and a bit of a confidece boost from this charity in an attempt to get them in to work. What harm is there in them trying to help - none, what good will it really do - who knows.

And there you have it. One of the 101 reasons why I NEVER give money to charity (except for the Poppy Appeal).

I'm sure there are better things charities can spend their money on.

And I'll bet your bottom dollar the appointment book will be full Friday & Saturday!

Yeah appointment book full on dole day! Xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire C using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back