Which Geek thought of this money spinner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By no means do I agree, but I kinda see their logic behind it

I think it's very easy for people to get all uppity about job seekers and oh sure they'll all be spending their benefits money on spray tans hahaha...it's easy to give out about taxpayers money being wasted but forgetting the fact that people have lost their jobs due to the economic downturn worldwide and bailing out banks and bond holders is what's caused the majority of the mess that a lot of people find themselves in. It's easy for those of us who have jobs to feel like Oh we get nothing...we have jobs, we are lucky.

What people should try and think about is folk who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own, who have been trying so hard to gain employment in anything whether it's their chosen field or not. People who can't even get a job cleaning toilets yet have degrees. Over time those people become totally demoralised and self esteem suffers massively. They may slip into depression. Their relationships suffer, their home life suffers and all they want is a job.
Why is it so bad that a charity decide to implement a programme to try and boost these people. We all know how much more confident we feel when we look groomed and have our tan or nails done, where someone's self confidence has been eroded so far this type of boost can help them and maybe give them that bit more confidence in an interview. There's nothing wrong with that and I think it's really sad that empathy is sorely lacking in people.
Of course there are people who take the proverbial but there are measures in place in this programme so that its genuine people benefitting.
It's not taxpayers money and there are charities for all sorts of things, choose which you want to support by all means but don't be nasty about what could be a hugely positive experience for someone.
As the saying goes "there but for the grace of god"

I think it's very easy for people to get all uppity about job seekers and oh sure they'll all be spending their benefits money on spray tans hahaha...it's easy to give out about taxpayers money being wasted but forgetting the fact that people have lost their jobs due to the economic downturn worldwide and bailing out banks and bond holders is what's caused the majority of the mess that a lot of people find themselves in. It's easy for those of us who have jobs to feel like Oh we get nothing...we have jobs, we are lucky.

What people should try and think about is folk who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own, who have been trying so hard to gain employment in anything whether it's their chosen field or not. People who can't even get a job cleaning toilets yet have degrees. Over time those people become totally demoralised and self esteem suffers massively. They may slip into depression. Their relationships suffer, their home life suffers and all they want is a job.
Why is it so bad that a charity decide to implement a programme to try and boost these people. We all know how much more confident we feel when we look groomed and have our tan or nails done, where someone's self confidence has been eroded so far this type of boost can help them and maybe give them that bit more confidence in an interview. There's nothing wrong with that and I think it's really sad that empathy is sorely lacking in people.
Of course there are people who take the proverbial but there are measures in place in this programme so that its genuine people benefitting.
It's not taxpayers money and there are charities for all sorts of things, choose which you want to support by all means but don't be nasty about what could be a hugely positive experience for someone.
As the saying goes "there but for the grace of god"

I understand what you are saying here, but I work my ass off all week, I see my kids for around 3 hours a day, my OH sees our children for half and hour a day as we have to work to get money up for a mortgage, rent, shopping, food bills etc and I have nothing left over for luxuries or clothes for myself. Luckily I can do my own nails, tan etc but for someone like me who works there butt off and most of there wages goes on tax I find it really insulting that people are getting free treatments when I can't afford to pay for someone to do mine. No not all people are scrounging and don't want to work, but the majority of the people who will be asking for this are going to be young girls getting ready for a night out at the weekend, which I can't afford!

Make them do voluntary work to earn their treatments if they are in that much need of a tan for an interview.

I understand what you are saying here, but I work my ass off all week, I see my kids for around 3 hours a day, my OH sees our children for half and hour a day as we have to work to get money up for a mortgage, rent, shopping, food bills etc and I have nothing left over for luxuries or clothes for myself. Luckily I can do my own nails, tan etc but for someone like me who works there butt off and most of there wages goes on tax I find it really insulting that people are getting free treatments when I can't afford to pay for someone to do mine. No not all people are scrounging and don't want to work, but the majority of the people who will be asking for this are going to be young girls getting ready for a night out at the weekend, which I can't afford!

Make them do voluntary work to earn their treatments if they are in that much need of a tan for an interview.

Absolutely, Im the same, work my backside off as does my hubby, pay out a bomb in taxes and our government just keeps adding on tax after tax to the point where theres not really anything left for anything else. I really do understand where you are coming from but the point is that this is a private charity doing this, so its not coming out of social funding. Obviously if the government decided to start spending social funding on beauty treatments that would be a different story, especially with how bad the economy is at the moment.

Absolutely, Im the same, work my backside off as does my hubby, pay out a bomb in taxes and our government just keeps adding on tax after tax to the point where theres not really anything left for anything else. I really do understand where you are coming from but the point is that this is a private charity doing this, so its not coming out of social funding. Obviously if the government decided to start spending social funding on beauty treatments that would be a different story, especially with how bad the economy is at the moment.

Oh no completely agree with you there, think there would be up roar if it came from tax payer funds x

Latest posts

Back