Which gel topcoat for acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

ZOE22

Reaction score
Hi i sometimes have clients asking for a gel topcoat over their l&p enhancements, can anyone reccomend a good one thats fairly a reasonable price. x

pamliz

Reaction score
Glaze n Go from nsinails.co.uk is what I use, its fab! Cure under UV light - gives the best high glossy shine and also seats & protects. No primer is needed :)

chantell simone

Reaction score
not sure which brand you use, see if they offer a gel topcoat

emerald

Reaction score
Hi i use finish by young nails, its fab gives a really shiny coat and cures under uv lamp in about 90sec

hayls

Reaction score
Why dont you just finish the enhancment in the usual way and then give it a good buff with a Girlfriend or a Glossing Buffer? You can get the super shiney look with both of these?!
Just a though! xxx:hug:

tracey louise

Reaction score
i use nsi glaze n go,balance finish gel or perma gloss.you should fill out your profile abit more cause if people new what system you used then the geeks that used the same brand as you could give you more information on the brand you already use as im sure there are loads that use the same as you.hths

Clairekay

Reaction score
I also use Glaze N Go and its well worth the money as it lasts on the nails and looks good for over 3 weeks.

1999judy

Reaction score
Hi i sometimes have clients asking for a gel topcoat over their l&p enhancements, can anyone reccomend a good one thats fairly a reasonable price. x
Your profile just says "acrylic" as the system you use atm so maybe you could tell us more about yourself in your profile mate?
Most of the nail systems you read about on the site have a gel top coat, is there one that the company you buy all your products from suggests? x

Classy Claws

Reaction score
Why dont you just finish the enhancment in the usual way and then give it a good buff with a Girlfriend or a Glossing Buffer? You can get the super shiney look with both of these?!
Just a though! xxx:hug:
sometimes you need a chemical resistant top coat though, I always coat my L&P enhancements with the BRISA top coat, remember L&P is not chemical resisitant, Brisa is, it is buff off not soak off. all my hairdresser clients, and anyone who works with solvents gets a coat of brisa to stop them melting their nails off. :)

NAIL FRENZY

Reaction score
Hi i use finish by young nails, its fab gives a really shiny coat and cures under uv lamp in about 90sec
Me too and I love it, it has to be one of my favourite products!

Poshfloss

Reaction score
Hi,
I use Glaze n Go by NSI, But also like finish by Young nails. I use NSI Acrylic, and they both work great on that. Lots luv x

Layrex9

Reaction score
Hi Hon,

I use the Creative products for everything but I have to say the Young Nails 'Finish Gel' is very good indeed it is just like applying nail varnish, not think and glupey at all and then when cured for 2 mins, there is no sticky residue to wipe away, just ready to go! The Creative Brisa one is also very good but it is quite thick to apply - still looks amazing though!

sj1973

Reaction score
i use nsi glaze n go ...like others have said ...you have not put on your profile what system you use...xx

STAFFY BABE

Reaction score
Hi Ya Am New To All This Computer Stuff But Have Been Reading The Comments For A While And Find They Really Help. Sometimes Lose Confidence Abit But This Site Helps Restore That. Am Using Nsi L&p Have Been Using This For Past 8mths But Still Clients Are Coming Back With Lifted Nails Wouldn Mind The Odd One But Pretty Much All Of Them, No Its Me But Get Relly Frustrated As Read Up And Know How But Still Cant Master It Has Anyone Got Any Help Pplleease X Cheers X

Classy Claws

Reaction score
Go and read the tutorials on PREP, Improper prep is the LEADING cause of lifting, next is mix ratio, then touching living tissue etc, you need to sit down and work out what you are not doing right, especially if a majority of your clients are getting lifting.

Denmark

Reaction score
I also use Glaze n Go fra NSI and some time Brisa Finishing gloss

megaone

Reaction score
hi i use the edge gel, just apply a very tin coat cure for 150 seconds and wipe....
you can even paint any color polish and remove it with any nail polish remover and you will always have a shine, just a light buff off before you do your refills next time, and you get lots of gel for your money.

IllumeGirl

Reaction score
I would be lost without my IBD intense seal

Vetty

Lost and happy geek!
Reaction score
Young Nails Finish Gel for me, love it!

Latest posts