Which gloves for protecting own nails with Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yadagi

Reaction score
Hi all ,

Last time I removed Shellac and varnish I wore my nitrile gloves thinking they would protect my nails !!!
Some of the tips of the gloves melted with the acetone and non acetone I was using, and started to dissolve my Shellac as well.

Now I didn't mind as I wanted to re-Shellac them, but this time they are still looking great and don't want to ruin them.

What do you all use ?
Thank you in advance xxx

I don't use gloves...too much of a hassle. For removing polish, use cotton balls with acetone but hold it between your knuckles, closer to your hand. Don't use your fingetips.

I never have a problem when removing Shellac as my fingers don't touch the acetone.

HTH! :)

I wear latex gloves for all hand and feet treatments up to point of massage and/or paint.

Jacqui xx

Pick up the pad soaked in acetone (in a bowl) with tweezers, then your nails won't come into contact so easily.

Last edited:
I wear latex gloves for all hand and feet treatments up to point of massage and/or paint.

Jacqui xx

Be careful with this one. Loads of people have a latex allergy. It's very common.

As for the OP. I don't use gloves for removing Shellac. Right now, I still have some of the removal wraps. But, I have soaked a cotton ball in acetone, placed onto the nail, and wrapped foil around the tip of the finger. Still, no acetone getting on my nails.

For removing normal polish, I use the Hands Down plastic backed pads.

:hug:

I use plastic backed 'Hands Down pads', so my nails are protected and stay good. :green:

Im the same as ChocolatePickle, I use the Hands Down Plastic pads, they are absolutely fantastic and never never get any products on my nails :)

Thank you all,

I have bought some of the plastic backed pads and will also try the tweezer method.

I find that I need to use some acetone ,a I am not getting all the Shellac off the nail yet. Probably due to lack of experience .

I also use the 'Hands down' pads which are very good. If I do wear gloves, I use the performer Latex which I have no problem with. I also utilise them when taking off my own shellac. I can't for some reason use the CND wraps on my own nails, I just can't get them on correctly. I use the Magis foil wraps, do one hand and put a latex glove over and then wrap the other hand and pop a glove on. Nothing moves and I think keeping the heat in helps to remove the Shellac quicker. I obviously wouldn't dream of doing this to a client.......I use the CND wraps :)

Thank you all,

I have bought some of the plastic backed pads and will also try the tweezer method.

I find that I need to use some acetone ,a I am not getting all the Shellac off the nail yet. Probably due to lack of experience .

Time it too, sometimes its easy to under estimate how long the wraps have been on, use a timer to ensure your wrapping for a full 10 minutes and also make sure you saturate the pad. :hug:

Latest posts

Back