Which kind of tip do you use and why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dessi

Reaction score
Hi all! Ok, I dont know the english names of these 2 kind tips:irked:, thats why i attach pics!

I have few questions and really need your experience:

1. Which of these 2 kind tips do u use and why?
2. Which of these 2 kind tips do u use on bitten nails?
3. When u have flat nails, do u sculpture them or u use tips? If tips which of these 2 kind?

Attachments

• 8d76_1_b1.jpg
    8d76_1_b1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 73
  • f24c_1_b1.jpg
    f24c_1_b1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 76
Hi DesilavaI
I personally use both. I trained with the full well.and liked them. then when I did my creative conversion course I was taught to use the sml well type. I mainly use the sml well tip all the time. I find that there is alot less blending,and they are easier to handle. i haver found that the full well tips are great too,especially when you have a customer with flat nails.So it depends on the nail itself,but mostly its the smaller well. HTH i never ever use white tips I realy don,t like them, I would rather use the white acrylic and make the nail much more natural looking.
Anne

Thx for reply:Love: Well here and both kind are natural. Me too I also love the sculptured nails but about P&W i use white tips, cuz my smiles are horible:irked:, thats another story:irked:

Does that mean that u use sml(is this small) tips on bitten nails?

Hi Dessi
The tip on the left is what we call a full well tip, and the one on the right is a cut out well tip. I have to say that I always cut the well of my tips so that they are as short as I can get them ... often only about 1-2 mms.

However with a nail biter their natural nails can often be very odd shaped, so sometimes a full well is better. For example, if the side walls aren't fully attached, or bitten away, although I still cut a curve around the middle of the well so I can get rid of much of the well as possible.

Remember the more the nail is covered with tip then the less natural nail there is to bond with the keratin cross-linking chemistry of your product and so you will be more prone to lifting.

However it isn't the size of the well that is the issue here for nail biters, but the c-curve. Most nail biters tend to have very flat nails, so you need to find a tip that has a very flat well. If you put a tip with a high c-curve on a flat nail then it could feel very uncomfortable for the client is it will pull against the nail and may even cause onycholisis, or the pressure could be just too great and you get a "pinger"!!!

HTH

Thank you so mach Sassy:Love:, this mean that i dont need to buy cut out well tips, cuz i can cut the full well on the way i need.

Thanks again Sassy:hug:

I had a new client last week who has extremely flat nails, even the flattest tip I have wouldn't have been flat enough, so I did a sculptured set on her. Sometimes you can go up one or two tip sizes and tailor the tip to fit, that way you get a flatter c curve and a good fit.
I don't have any full well tips, I use more of the ones on the right, but like Sassy I cut most of the well out of mine before applying so I'm left with a slither of tip. My reasons for buying the tips on the right is because of the brand, they're Velocity by Creative and blend really quickly.

Adding to Sandi's advice I also sometimes cut a couple of nicks into the well of the tip as this helps it to splay out and make it even flatter. It's basically just 2 or 3 vertical cuts into the well.

Thank you girls, every time i learn something new here, its amayzing!

Thank you very mach:hug::hug:

So for a nail biter you would use a flatish tip, ( arnt velocity really curvy?)blend and then create a smile line and hide their natural nail with something like flawless pink?

So for a nail biter you would use a flatish tip, ( arnt velocity really curvy?)blend and then create a smile line and hide their natural nail with something like flawless pink?

Not sure about the powder as I am a gel girl, but yes you can use a curvy tip, but as Sandi says you will need to go up a couple of sizes and tailor ths sides to fit. By doing this you are making the the tip a much flatter one!

Thankyou, will get some velocity tips, I trained with those. Any tips for faster blending?

Thankyou, will get some velocity tips, I trained with those. Any tips for faster blending?

Practice!!!!!!!!! I'm sure there is a tutorial for this though if you go take a peek (sorry being lazy and not putting a link in, been sat at the pc too long today lol!)

o.k will have a look, I hate tips because of the blending but I will practise and then hopefully get a bit quicker.

For me, Eclipse make the flattest tips when the sidewalls are cut out, after thet, the red box ones, I can't think of the name of them lol....I wouldn't use Velocity for a flat nail they are too curvy and even when you upsize and cut out the side walls they're still not flat.

Latest posts

Back