Which nail brand???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gorgeousnails

Reaction score
Hi All!

I'm in training at the beauty academy at the moment, but not sure which products to use, the trainer is selling Magnetic, and i think its really good stuff, but I dont want to use products that are expensive to begin with.

Any ideas of a good starting product to use?

Thanks for you help.

Angel.

i can understand why you wouldnt want to pay too much, but do make sure you use a brand which is reputable. you'll do a much better job with good products and you'll get better results using the brand you trained with as you will be fully educated on its use. in the end it will save you money.

Cheap is not the way to go if you want to be successful in the nail business.

Cheap products are not modern innovative products, but old outdated technology that will not serve you or your clients well.

I can't understand the mentality of wanting to use pants products when you can buy the best for really not much more. And you get so much more out of a great product.

Hi All!

I'm in training at the beauty academy at the moment, but not sure which products to use, the trainer is selling Magnetic, and i think its really good stuff, but I dont want to use products that are expensive to begin with.

Thanks for you help.

Angel.

if you are being trained with magnetic then STAY with it for the meantime til you improve your skills / get experienced.
the raw cost of products for nail enhancements is very small per set - it just seems a lot when you have to lay out at the beginning. good luck

all very good points !

my trainer said use cheap products to practice but you cant go wrong with magnetic.

i think it makes sense not to skimp on the important stuff, like you say it makes you money in the long run!

all abit nerve wracking.

thanks for advise.

angel.

you just wont get the same results if you practice with a different product. all brands are slightly different and need to be used in a slightly different way and give slightly different results. when you want to change brands a conversion course is advisable so you can know the exact way to handle the new brand.

so is magnetic a good brand then?

i think it is, but then again, i'm not used to any other type!

the tips seem to be really nice, and the gel doesnt need primer.

so is magnetic a good brand then?

i think it is, but then again, i'm not used to any other type!

the tips seem to be really nice, and the gel doesnt need primer.

well i think its fairly new to the u.k so there may not be so many users here yet, but i believe its very popular in europe. ive seen some nice photos of nails done with it.

Using cheap products to train with won't get you the results you require, if you buy cheap you will get cheap, if you buy quality you will receive quality, that's really all there is to it :hug:

I trained with magnetic, there products are very good, i'm not impressed with my trainer , as she's dissappeared from the face of the earth, and as I was told when I explained to the magnetic stand at excel, they were not responsible for her, and I'm afraid I wasn't impressed.
But! if your trainer is a magnetic supplier, and you can get a regular supply of the product then stay with it, it's very good.....
thg:)

I Totally agree.. cheap products ...asking for trouble...
I know my college was using cheap nasty stuff.. it was rock hard and horrid..
I was a little naughty and went out and bought a CND Rentention + Kit and praticed at home on 100 tips.. smiles etc... I even tipped the CND into the crap bottles that they college gave me so they would not know.. ( how dumb was i ),, my trainer knew straight away!!! Lol... actually she patted me on the back and said there was nothing wrong with using the best and if my exam result was better than so be it...
My college was not a brand name so they did not care what i used... bodgy as looking back!..

if you are thinking of changing then IMO you should do it now and master it... you will onlt have to change and start all over again anyway... talk to your trainer and see what they say.
Hope you go ok with your exam.

Hi All!

Thanks for you help.

Angel.

i would hit the search button and check it out.

i hear entity are on the up and up and are winning awards left right and center so it may be worth checking them out!!!

good luck

Hi...I have done the same course as you! (wonder if you have the same lovely teacher I had:)!)...I use MAGNETIC as well as I love the product...I personally do not know any difference as this is the opnly product I ever used but as everyone says It is good to practise and get confident with the product I was trained with!

good luck!...let me know how your course goes!:hug:

Have you ever heard that old expression 'pay cheap pay twice'. There are some things you really can't go cheap on.

Latest posts

Back