Which other treatments do you offer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa-marie

Reaction score
hiya geeks, i was wondering which if any other treatments do you offer alongside nails?
i was thinking of adding extra treatments to increase my revenue, as my clients are cutting back on their nail treatments.

i all ready do ear piercing which i've found very popular and i'm going to do a make up/eye treatments course but it doesn't start until september at college.

thanks
lisa x

Spray tanning and waxing are the obvious choices as they are the most popular. Most of my clients have these treatments. :)

Also any what I call "feet treats", spa pedicure`s, hollywood toes (gel overlay). If you dont already cover them that is. Always a good one with the summer on its way (hopefully).

I do waxing, and gel toes, and am going to train in eye treatments, spray tanning, make up and facials.

I am also trained in massage and Indian Head and Hopi Ear, but these are more holistic and at the moment I personally prefer doing more "cosmetic" treatments.

Gel toes (as glitz said) are a great add on, especially in Summer.

thanks for all your quick replies.
which spray tanning would you recommend? is it expensive to start out with kit & training? i've always fancied doing spray tans with a pop up booth as i'm mobile but there are so many different brands.

i did think about waxing but being mobile im not sure it would be practical, do you need to keep the heater on for ages to warm the wax up?

i do 3 different pedicures which are usually popular for special occassions & summer.

not sure i fancy the massage route but indian head sounds interesting, do you like doing this treatment?
x x x

not sure i fancy the massage route but indian head sounds interesting, do you like doing this treatment?

I do, but I haven't done it in a long time. Personal reasons which people might find wierd!:eek:

It is lovely though, and the great thing is it can be done fully clothed and without oil, so its not too invasive for the client. They could have it done in a lunch hour for example and return to work relaxed but not looking ruffled! :green: And you don't need a couch for it either. You can get special massage chairs for the clients, but a straight backed chair works ok too. Very easy for mobile therapists.

I recommend you have one and see how relaxing it is!

You can get an adapter thingy so you can plug your wax pot into your car lighter so your wax should be ready by the time you get to your client.
You can get spray tan training for about £100. No idea how much the tents are but you could check on ebay :!:

thanks for all your quick replies.
which spray tanning would you recommend? is it expensive to start out with kit & training? i've always fancied doing spray tans with a pop up booth as i'm mobile but there are so many different brands.

i did think about waxing but being mobile im not sure it would be practical, do you need to keep the heater on for ages to warm the wax up?

i do 3 different pedicures which are usually popular for special occassions & summer.

x x x

Spray Tanning is in huge demand... I trained with Tantrick

Have a look at their web page for training & Tanning products, Tanning Tents etc...

www.wowproducts.co.uk

You should defo offer Hollywood Toes especially with the glorious british weather on its way :lol:

Puts some leaflets in bridal shops too. HTH :)

Good Luck

Love
Gill
Sahara Nail Spa

I do, but I haven't done it in a long time. Personal reasons which people might find wierd!:eek:

It is lovely though, and the great thing is it can be done fully clothed and without oil, so its not too invasive for the client. They could have it done in a lunch hour for example and return to work relaxed but not looking ruffled! :green: And you don't need a couch for it either. You can get special massage chairs for the clients, but a straight backed chair works ok too. Very easy for mobile therapists.

I recommend you have one and see how relaxing it is!
thanks for the advice, i'm going to look into doing a course in it, i think my local college runs one, and i'm definatly gonna have one soon x

You can get an adapter thingy so you can plug your wax pot into your car lighter so your wax should be ready by the time you get to your client.
You can get spray tan training for about £100. No idea how much the tents are but you could check on ebay :!:
i never thought about that, i'm going to look into it.
i've seen the tents in one of my catalogues for about £100 i think, which brand do you use? i've seen quite a few advertised but not sure which one to look further into.

Spray Tanning is in huge demand... I trained with Tantrick

Have a look at their web page for training & Tanning products, Tanning Tents etc...

www.wowproducts.co.uk

You should defo offer Hollywood Toes especially with the glorious british weather on its way :lol:

Puts some leaflets in bridal shops too. HTH :)

Good Luck

Love
Gill
Sahara Nail Spa
thanks for the link, just had a look and their products look good but there isn't a trainer in cornwall or devon, i was hoping to find something that i can train for quite close to home. thank you for your help x

i offer ;
  • nail enhancements
  • manicure
  • pedicure
  • massage
  • waxing
  • facials
  • waxing
  • spray tanning
  • and eye treatments!
they are all popular, i also stock a jewellery line which is very reasonable (about £4.00 for a bangle, £3.50 for a ring etc) this helps boost revenue greatly!

for tanning i use Celebrity Secrets but don't know if they can do the training where you live, Sienna X is really popular though, maybe have a look what areas they cover. for the tent i know alot of geeks have had theirs from ebay so might be worth a look. try searching the threads for it.

hope i havent rambled too much and that i have made sense (i'm ill today:cry: so not 100% with it!)
hth xxx

thanks for the link, just had a look and their products look good but there isn't a trainer in cornwall or devon, i was hoping to find something that i can train for quite close to home. thank you for your help x

They actually come to your home hun, you dont have to travel to the trainer.

I just looked at map - nearest one is Plymouth (1.5 hours to Cornwall ) give give them a call am sure they be more than happy to help.:lol:

Gill
Sahara Nail Spa

Hi!

I offer spa manicure, spa pedicures, paraffin treatments, waxing, spray tanning and eye brow/lash tinting...each are as popular as nails and do really well!

i offer ;
  • nail enhancements
  • manicure
  • pedicure
  • massage
  • waxing
  • facials
  • waxing
  • spray tanning
  • and eye treatments!
they are all popular, i also stock a jewellery line which is very reasonable (about £4.00 for a bangle, £3.50 for a ring etc) this helps boost revenue greatly!

for tanning i use Celebrity Secrets but don't know if they can do the training where you live, Sienna X is really popular though, maybe have a look what areas they cover. for the tent i know alot of geeks have had theirs from ebay so might be worth a look. try searching the threads for it.

hope i havent rambled too much and that i have made sense (i'm ill today:cry: so not 100% with it!)
hth xxx
thanks for your reply, it makes perfect sense (more than most of mine! lol)
i'm all ready booked on a jewellery making course this month, its been a self-taught hobby for a few years and i was thinking about making bracelets/anklets to sell with my manis/pedis in the summer as an extra earner.
i'll have a look at sienna x, i've seen them advertised quite a lot, and i'll check oyt the celebrity secrets too.
thanks again
lisa x

They actually come to your home hun, you dont have to travel to the trainer.

I just looked at map - nearest one is Plymouth (1.5 hours to Cornwall ) give give them a call am sure they be more than happy to help.:lol:

Gill
Sahara Nail Spa
thanks, i must have looked at the map wrong! was tired last night after work, i'll have another look at the website x

thanks, i must have looked at the map wrong! was tired last night after work, i'll have another look at the website x

Ahh Bless ya..
:)
Good luck, let me know how you get on if you choose them..

Love Gill
Sahara Nail Spa

Latest posts

Back