which polishes does everyone use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracy83

Reaction score
HI i am wanting to get my collection of polishes together and am struggling between a few......can you all recommend any at all?

thank you

We all use different polishes, which ultimately IMO is down to personal preference, recommendation or training.

There are numerous ranges to choose from, but the main ones used by the geeks on this site appear to be:

Creative
Essie
Jessica
Orly
OPI

China Glaze, I use China Glaze and Creative..

Hi! I use Jessica nail polishes and their whole manicure and pedicure range and I think they're great! The finish is so shiney and lasts ages as long as you paint the nails in the way they tell you when training ~ it takes a bit of getting used to but it makes those nails last aaaaaages! xx

Hi! I use Jessica nail polishes and their whole manicure and pedicure range and I think they're great! The finish is so shiney and lasts ages as long as you paint the nails in the way they tell you when training ~ it takes a bit of getting used to but it makes those nails last aaaaaages! xx

Ooh i'm intrigued .What way is that.

i am a supervisor for nails inc so i have to say i am biased when i say i absolutely LOVE nails inc polishes! :green:

other polish brands i also like to use at home are creative, opi and essie

Ooh i'm intrigued .What way is that.
Well they tell you to not hold the polish in your hand at all (I don't know if you do that but I did when I first started working with Jessica but they don't like it ~ it makes the polish warm and makes it go gloopy quicker) and you have to paint the nail using 8-10 strokes and seal it in by painting the tip of the nail and the underneath if the nails are very long ~ you literally turn the hand over and paint underneath! You do this for all coats of polish including the base coat, 2 colour coats and top coats!

Which polishes are you using at the mo? xx

I lurveeeeeeeeeee OPI, lve their polishes soooooo much!!!

colours are fabulous!

Becki xxx

Well they tell you to not hold the polish in your hand at all (I don't know if you do that but I did when I first started working with Jessica but they don't like it ~ it makes the polish warm and makes it go gloopy quicker) and you have to paint the nail using 8-10 strokes and seal it in by painting the tip of the nail and the underneath if the nails are very long ~ you literally turn the hand over and paint underneath! You do this for all coats of polish including the base coat, 2 colour coats and top coats!

I see.
I use mainly Orly which i like. I have some nails inc because they do a great value set on qvc.
I have recently bought some OPI but dont like the brushes im sure they have changed them since the last time i bought them.The brush is very thick particularly not good for a french white.
The only complaint i have about most varnishes is that they make them in too bigger sizes i never seem to get to the bottom of them before they get gloopy.

Im intrigued by that theory:confused:

Yeah, I know what you mean about the gloopiness but with Jessica you can just pop a few drops of one of the base coats into any of the polishes to get them back to the right consistency again! xx

OPI have changed to pro wide brush so you can get a fuller, quicker application. Once you get used to them there great!! But point taken for french they're pants!!! Best french brush is defo spa ritual.

becki xxx

i may be a bit new to the business and starting from home can become costly.so i try to do things a bit cheaper.this may not be the best way but i find when it comes to nail polishes it hasnt really mattered.i have used cheap and had no complaints.......it all depends on that they apply well and you do your applying properly:idea:

I used to have a lot of OTC nail varnishes, for example L'Oreal Laquiresist. I thought they were good until the geeks here recommended using a professional brand. I opted for OPI and have not turned back. In the last month I have bought 30. They have a lovely variety of colours too and as per the previous comments, the prowide brush is brilliant. It really helps with the application.

I use OPI and have done for years. I love the choice of colours and the polish themselves. I've got to agree that the prowide brush takes a while to get used to but i wouldn't use anything else now. When doing french i just use the side of the brush and that seems to work quite well.

i may be a bit new to the business and starting from home can become costly.so i try to do things a bit cheaper.this may not be the best way but i find when it comes to nail polishes it hasnt really mattered.i have used cheap and had no complaints.......it all depends on that they apply well and you do your applying properly:idea:
I have to disagree with you... until you try quality nail enamels I don't feel that you can say it doesn't matter by using cheap enamels. I have used both Attitude and Creative thinking that the cheaper brand would do a good job, there's no comparison at all, Creative (amongst other pro brands) knocks the socks off the cheaper brands for ease of application, density of colour and longevity, ie no chipping.

Creative cos it is ace and never ever goes gloopy,
i do have some china glaze polishes just because i liked the colours, but they are good too

Latest posts

Back