Which products to use with microdermabrasion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxed

Reaction score
I have currently taken on the skinbase microdermabrasion, but im not sure of what products to use through out the treatment and what masks to use afterwards.

The reason im asking is, i had the treatment my self , i then applied my regular facial cream and my face bacame extremely red, hot and blotchy with irregular bumps. I had to go to the chemist it was that bad it felt as though id burnt it after id applied the mosturiser.

Im currently using the machine on friends and family just till i sort out a facial range to use with it

Now I am scared of this hapening to a client, does any body have any suggestions of a product line that is good to use or people with the machine, what do you use as your toner, mask , moisturiser

Many Thanks

What about the collagen gel from SBC, they have a range of different gels that would be suitable for soothing the skin after this treatment. You should also get your clients to use a high sun protection cream of about 30spf. The clients should avoid direct sunlight after the treatment as well. Do you offer facials, if so I would incorporate them into my micredermabrasion treatment, as long as they are not too harsh. Hope this helps:hug:

Hi,

I use Susan Molynuex with skinbase and I have no problems with it.

You have to be so careful with a miosturiser after, I was told to even recommend nivea or simple using something anti-ageing especaially the boots protect one it does cause a reaction. The skin is sensitive after.

Also remember after heat treatments after, even a hot bath cause's a reaction, makes skin hot, red and irratable.

Thank you for your replies

I will go to the wholesalers tomorrow and have a look at their Ranges.

I have currently been using e45 cream as a moisturiser after the treatment which works well on family and friends but it wouldn't feel very professional using it on clients.

I am currently taking on Environ skin care range, but wouldn't use most of their products after using dermabrasion as they contain vitamin A.

After asking Environ about their products, they prefer you not to use microdermabrasion as their products will achieve the same results eventually.

So I am stuck on that one

Does any one use Microdermabrasion with Environ skin care range, Id love to hear from you with regards to the products you could reccomend for a cleanser , toner ,moisturiser and Mask.

:hug:

Many Thanks

Angela

I use Natural elements fragrance free products from essentially yours, they seem to work really well. Only down side as a company they dont agree with spf creams so I had to buy a facial sun cream from boots not ideal but it does the job. i am now looking for a nice mask to use for a luxury treatment.

I think your reaction was probably due to the MDA procedure. You may have been overly aggressive initially. If you say you applied your normal moisturiser (obviously this product usually causes you no problems) then I would be inclined to exercise caution with future MDA procedures on yourself. Some individuals are just not suited to MDA. You obviously had an inflammatory reaction in response to the procedure.

Thank You for your reply's

xxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back