Which resin and how... for weekender nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimbogeri

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Have read quite a few posts where people apply weekender nails and just top with a layer or two of resin either before or instead of polish.
As I don't do a fibreglass system at the moment I don't own any resin - what sort would people recommend for doing weekenders (presumably need a resin and an activator?) and how do I apply?
Hopefully some of my friends will be home for reading weeks before xmas and I may be able to persuade them to wear them as practise for me.... although they all know how easy it is to remove full l&p extensions I don't know that they will be guinea pigs for them (it's just the way my friends are), but I might be able to get them to wear some weekenders, esp if I've managed to make my own predesigned tips by then.

So if anyone can recommend me what to get (poss even in a fibreglass system that does a try me kit, as would like to look into offering that as a system at a later date, once got some cash rolling:D ), would be v grateful!
Lol x

In my area, weekender nails are usually a full nail, like you get in the chemist!!
Except that in a salon these are done professionally. Usually they are preshaped or customised full tips to suit the client. they are applied with a good adhesive and normally have to be polished. As with enhancements, Clients are normally recommended to have them removed by the salon when they no longer want them so that they are able to preserve the good condition of their natural nails.
Is this what others do??
Sue

So if anyone can recommend me what to get (poss even in a fibreglass system that does a try me kit, as would like to look into offering that as a system at a later date, once got some cash rolling ), would be v grateful!
Lol x
You can get a Fabric# try me kit from Designer Nails in Leeds...........
0113 275 5719
HTH

Welsh Geek said:
Usually they are preshaped or customised full tips to suit the client. they are applied with a good adhesive and normally have to be polished. As with enhancements, Clients are normally recommended to have them removed by the salon when they no longer want them so that they are able to preserve the good condition of their natural nails.
Is this what others do??
Sue
That's how they were explained to me: you size and blend a tip as if you were applying an extension, but then either buff to a shine for a natural finish, or polish them, but I have heard that some people apply a coat or two of resin, and presumably that makes them a bit stronger?
I've done one set on my mother just blending and buffing, but they didn't last more than half a day.
Nail Order do sell full, predesigned nails which they market as weekenders but say they can last a week or two, but they're so expensive compared to just blending plain tips and polishing.

They sell the Fabric # Try Me Kit in the Ellisons catalogue - presumably I can order from there without being an existing Creative customer as I have some other stuff to order anyway?

think you just need to prove that you are a nail tech to order from ellisons, not necessary to be creative trained to buy fabric#

I just blend in the tip as normal and polish a couple of coats over the top, no resin, although i dont see any reason why you couldnt use resin. If your going to resin you may as well put a strip of fibreglass in aswell. I have worn them without resin and they have lasted 3-4 days, sometimes longer than that! hthx

Try backscratchers base or finish glaze with the glaze dryer.
OPI also has their MICROWRAP system and all you would need would be the activator and the THIN SET.

ive never heard of these (weekender nails) before, are they quite popular and how much do you usually charge for them?
zoe x

I charge £25 for Back Scratchers Extreem Glaze but hell its tough as any other system and took some removing.....but it was very fast to do 40 mins for a full set?

To be perfectly honest, I have absolutely no idea!
I've put them on my service menu for £15 a set but I don't know if there might be takers or if the price is fair.
Supposedly they're a good idea for one-offs and special occasions such as weddings, proms, etc where the client wants longer nails but just temporarily, and on a plus side hopefully they shouldn't damage the nails so much if and when you get those pain-in-the-butt types who'd rather pick them off and damage the natural nail than have them soaked off.
When offering them I'll probably offer a free or reduced-rate removal with them to try and combat people ruining their nail plates by picking them off.

Latest posts

Back