Which strip lashes...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenny-Nails

Reaction score
Hey there fellow geeks...

A few of my clients have been asking me if I'd put them some strip lashes on for Christmas events they have coming up, so wanted to ask....

...which lashes would you rave about as being the best for ladies of 35-50yrs old that just want a bit more 'ooomph' in their lashes and to look more defined.

Also, which adhesive would you give top marks to.

Many thanks in advance

Jenny :wink2:

A few of my clients have been asking me if I'd put them some strip lashes on for Christmas events they have coming up, so wanted to ask....

...which lashes would you rave about as being the best for ladies of 35-50yrs old that just want a bit more 'ooomph' in their lashes and to look more defined.

Many thanks in advance

hi jenny, sorry i cant help you, but i too am very interested to know as i have been asked the same question and i wanted to do some sort of party package for christmas like,,, file and polish,strip lashes,eb wax ???
not quite sure yet, x

I use Ardel lashes... They are fab...Demi wispies are my fave, clients love them x

Many thanks in advance

Hi Jenny I would highly recommend La La Lashes from Lash Perfect they are fantastic the sparkly ones are gorgeous! Fab for xmas! The most natural ones are Dolce and Delight they are good sellers! You get the lash glue with them so you can use that one, I find this glue that comes with them to be the best so I stick with it. ��

I agree with ardell, they are good lashes. I have tried the salon system ones and they are ok for me but i usually get quite dramatic ones so I wouldnt honestly know about the more natural ones.

As for the glue, DUO is the best glue i have ever used MAC use it with their lashes x

Eyelure 116 are lovely lashes, they are long but dont have that black line so look more natural, mac also do great ones but more pricey but as above lady said there glue is fab :) xxx

I use the salon system ones too they are fab! Look amazing on and last all day

Thanks for your help guys :lol:

I had purchased 3 sets of Salon System pairs before I posted on Salongeek...

I applied a pair yesterday using the adhesive enclosed with the eyelashes...pretty much instantly I had a reaction to them...not sure if it was the adhesive or the eyelashes. So I'm now sporting nice swollen eyelids ...and blurred vision! :cool:

Having read the ingredients on Salon System eyelashes, wondered if with them being synthetic and having Ethlyhexyl methacrylate and Methyl methacrylate in there if this is what caused the reaction....as I am allergic to nothing usually.

Needless to say it's made me a bit apprehensive about offering eyelashes as a service, even if the adhesive patch text comes back with no reaction, what if it's the synthestic eyelashes themselves.

So I'm no thinking 100% sterilized humar hair lashes would be a lower risk option (I can see the Ardell ones are human hair lashes) - has anyone else had reactions using Salon System lashes :rolleyes:

I also like Ardell Lashes & Eyelure. Also, the Girls Allowed range are fab - very evening and dramatic, but they may be a bit too over the top for some of your clients.
I always use the Duo glue too, it's the best, I never use the glue that comes with the lashes.
I've never had a problem with the Duo glue, either using it on myself or my clients. I bought mine from MAC, but I think that you can purchase it from Amazon too.

Hope your eyes are ok, and the swelling has gone down a bit now x

I like ardell and revlon lashes, revlon do some really natural looking ones, not too thick and perfect for the age range you described, for a more volumized look I prefer ardell and I use duo glue hth

Just to let you know, MAC charge a tenner for the glue and im pretty sure ive seen it on sally's website, you will be able to find it at trade price if you persevere. Dont buy it from MAC as theyre charging retail price x

I also like Ardell Lashes & Eyelure. Also, the Girls Allowed range are fab - very evening and dramatic, but they may be a bit too over the top for some of your clients.
I always use the Duo glue too, it's the best, I never use the glue that comes with the lashes.
I've never had a problem with the Duo glue, either using it on myself or my clients. I bought mine from MAC, but I think that you can purchase it from Amazon too.

Hope your eyes are ok, and the swelling has gone down a bit now x

Thanks RachelC...eyes are much better...had a piriton and it seems to have helped (phew!).

I have spoken to Eyelure direct and they pointed me in 'Sally's direction
So...I went to Sally's asking for the Eyelure range of lashes....the girl behind the counter told me Salon System lashes were Eyelure lashes...beginning to think this isn't so :confused:

Is there somewhere on-line I can get the Eyelure and/or Ardell lashes wholesale (question mark).

The Sally's I went to didn't have much choice in the Ardell range...had no adhesive....just really dissapointing :rolleyes:

Seems the Duo adhesive seems to be a firm favourite with everyone...thanks so much for taking the time to reply :wink2:

Latest posts

Back