Which system are you more comfortable with and why?......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sknight

Reaction score
I started with gel and thought it was great (which it is) then tried L&P and never thought I could do it as it looks so easy when a pro does it but I ended up with nails like mountains LOL however I carried on and the jigsaw started to piece together, now I love it. I would like to try Fibre glass but I know I have to go through that whole "I cant do it!!" stage but i am determined to learn that system too............so what is your fave system and why?

My system of choice is Brisa gel. I originally trained in L&P but was never happy. I then retrained with Gigi and started to offer it again but found that I still produced better nails with Brisa. I know I should have kept on at this point but I just wasn't enjoying it.

I do use L&P very successfully with Popits and I still do the occasional 'freehand' set but I just don't feel as comfortable with it.........and I hate filing it.

I would love to try Brisa because I have heard so many good comments about it and I think I need to concentrate on gels as I find it difficult so that is my new challenge

I would love to try Brisa because I have heard so many good comments about it and I think I need to concentrate on gels as I find it difficult so that is my new challenge

It is the bees knees IMO:)

my system of choice is l&P.. why? because as its the first system I learnt with I've always found I've favoured it .... I did pick it up quite quickly thb and I just love the design freedom it gives, it stays where you put it and its non fussy!!!
then I trained with brisa, I picked it up and then put it down !! and then on my masters path it kind of just clicked into place with me,and I really started to work with it alot (not just for toes anymore) and now find I'm doing more and more brisa (the colours in particular) I love the fact that a re balance is a breeze, and I love the fact I can wear a brisa colour and have it stay there all week without having to redo !!!!!!!!!

I guess I love both lol xx

I cant wait to try it, is there a reason Brisa rebalance is easier?

just in the fact that brisa is so smooth to file its done in no time,so the file prep stage of the forever french rebalance is lot quicker xx

My favourite has to be fibreglass, it was the first system I used and I lurveeee it :D

Shame that clients don't seem to want it as much as L+P or Gel though, I don't get to use FG very often now :(

Gel for me....have never trained in L&P but have played around with it and I can do L&P but would need a course to feel confident in it.

I just found the setting time scarey.....you can play with gel as much as you like to get it perfect and it wont set until you cure it...but L&P you have to be quick.

I also found that using your brush and not your file is important cos IMO L&P doesn't file as easy as gel....

I love the look the look and feel of both gel and L&P.

I trained in Gel to start with and loved it, I didn't think I would like L&P at all, plus I suffer from Migraines and thought the smell would affect them.

But as a nail tech I think you have to at least try to give an all round service, so I did the training and fell in love with L&P, so much so I only really use my Gel for toes and NNO now. I really like the versatility of L&P I can do so much more with it than I could with Gel, and it gives me the passion to go on learning to do more.

I would like to take further training in Gel in the future tho, as I think my skills need refining

I also would like to try the Fibreglass/silk system, I know there isn't a lot of call for it but it is another string to your bow and good for repairs. :hug:

I use Brisa Gel. I just got comfortable with my application and feel confident with Gels as one of the services I offer. I also like some of the IBD products and they seem to be compatible. I use Clarite L&P. I used OPI Oderless for years and had to switch when they discontinued the original for Clarite. I use Back Scratcher Fiberglass and Silk. Each has it's place in my kit. I like them all and use them all depending on the needs of the individual client.

I trained in Gel to start with and loved it, I didn't think I would like L&P at all, plus I suffer from Migraines and thought the smell would affect them.

But as a nail tech I think you have to at least try to give an all round service, so I did the training and fell in love with L&P, so much so I only really use my Gel for toes and NNO now. I really like the versatility of L&P I can do so much more with it than I could with Gel, and it gives me the passion to go on learning to do more.

I would like to take further training in Gel in the future tho, as I think my skills need refining

I also would like to try the Fibreglass/silk system, I know there isn't a lot of call for it but it is another string to your bow and good for repairs. :hug:

Maybe we will end up on the fibreglass course together too LOL

I'm still in training, but at the moment, I definately prefer L&P, perhaps its because I've been tinkering around with it for longer, on my last repair assesment tonight, yay, :), as for gel I've only played with this a little, and to be honest, I'm not a big fan, its too sticky and glossy for me, but that's my personal opinion, I've got to have a go at doing wraps yet, so can't comment on that system yet

I just love the fact that with L&p you can do lots with it.

My favourite system is silk...I love it!!, however I am also a gel lover as I find it easy, i am at present trying to get to grips with L&P so far im doing great using it with popits but the briezeblocks i create without using popits...well lets just say I need a few tweaks before i am happy inflicting them on my clients lol. I am not going to let this hinder me as I am determind to create some fab looking nails but in the meantime im enjoying th practice.

Sue

I am an l&p girl all the way. I have done fiberglass/silk wraps and didn't find them durable enough. I didn't like the repair process as I found it a pain to have to take off a broken tip and replace it - with l&p I can just pop a form under it and fix the corner. I used to use gel, but developed a severe allergy to it - so unless I use dish washing gloves - its a no go. I also found that using gel was like trying to build a house with slime. You get it everywhere and its so sticky! Drove me nuts.

L&P has so much control. It goes where I put it and stays there until I move it. Its a bit of a trick to learn, but once you have it, you are gold. Also, I love building 3D flowers, roses and doing magnificent color fades. I can't do that with any other system.

I am a bit of a control freak - so for me its l&p forever! I love the smell too! INM Forever!

I am an L&P girl through and through because I find it so easy and I can do so much more with it than gel. I do also offer Brisa gel, but mostly people ask for L&P.

Eva

I love l&p, saying that I love gel too, I just don't have as many clients for gel as I do l&p. Therefore because I am using l&p more I am better at it.

My gel is improving but has a way to go before I am happy with it. I am trained in fibreglass and silk too but unfortunately don't get much call for it at all.

Great thread. :)

I love l&p but my gels are better :irked:, I think its cos I started and stopped with l&p but was always constantly using gel. Brisa is the BEST gel to use and I'm getting the most fantastic results from it. I have nothing against gel but I just wanna be fabulous at l&p - I think mondays class with Geeg has ironed out my last lil probs so cant wait to put what I learnt into practice.

I prefer using l&p compared to gel as it's easier to control, gel gets all over the place :) but I enjoy using silk/fibreglass, but no one really asks for it so I dont get much of a chance to use it x

Latest posts

Back