Which table lamp for good light?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucybluebell

Reaction score
I've done a search but not really found out the info that I need!
Which lamp do you have? I bought a cheap one from Argos which isn't really big enough and it causes shadows!!!
I want to buy a good quality lamp that really gives off a good light to work in! Heard the daylight company are good? But which one?!!!
Any help please xx

I'm wondering this too , I want one that won't cure anything either x

Last edited:
I bought a great LED lamp from Lidl a few months ago. It's a long one, so shines light over both hands whilst working :) xx

It's similar to this one, but silver all over. The picture below is of a lamp from salons direct.

http://www.salonsdirect.com/product-images/width/600/83846.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342880959.400014.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342880959.400014.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 204
I bought a great LED lamp from Lidl a few months ago. It's a long one, so shines light over both hands whilst working :) xx

That would possibly cure gels & shellac whilst you worked though :( x

Last edited:
Do you recommend getting one with a magnifier on? Wasn't sure if it would be useful or get in the way!!
I know the daylight company have a good selection.

Do you recommend getting one with a magnifier on? Wasn't sure if it would be useful or get in the way!!

I need to use the lamp when doing various treatments at friends homes which is why I chose one with the magnifier. When using it for nails I don't normally look through the magnifier part unless I'm trying to remove a tiny bit of cuticle or similar.

I got this one from Craftlights.co.uk

Daylight Duo Led Cip-on Standing Lamp Item no 572

Discount Lighting Ltd Led Battery Operated Lamps

It's pretty good and can be used by either batteries or mains. The stand it comes with is rubbish but I don't use it as it clips onto the table. Ideal for me, as I'm mobile. xx

I've done a search but not really found out the info that I need!
Which lamp do you have? I bought a cheap one from Argos which isn't really big enough and it causes shadows!!!
I want to buy a good quality lamp that really gives off a good light to work in! Heard the daylight company are good? But which one?!!!
Any help please xx

Hi Lucybluebell :hug:... just wondering if you have decided on a lamp? Im on the look out for one as well as im going the have to shut my blinds shut on sunny days :rolleyes: my purse cant cope with anymore accidental curing! so mine has to be suitable when using Brisa and Shellac too.

Iv always kind of wondered about one with a magnifier as well :) kind of secretly always wanted one but I wonder if its worth it!?

Just wondering what lamps you settled for in the end, those of you who were looking? I'm not getting good enough light in my salon so am now on the search for a small table lamp that won't take up much room but that shines light down over the hands. And like others, needs to be one that doesn't cure Shellac as I work. So interested to know which ones you went for in the end or what other techs are using

I got 1 from pro beauty at the weekend and its fantastic and only cost £20 I have a card at home with the web site on. Will post later

I have got the chrome one from the Daylight Company D32107 which does not cure Shellac or Brisa which is very good for not casting shadows, looks stylish and very moveable.

I then brought one from Maplin 22W Daylight Magnifier lamp as I wanted to try one with a magnifying glass. Again it does not cure anything but the magnifier does take alot of getting used to, as you have to always be a certain distance away from the nail otherwise it goes out of focus, which is annoying but is very helpful to see small detail. This is not made specifically for nails so wonder if those specially made would be any different.

Attachments

• 597.jpg
    597.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 96
  • A29FF.jpg
    A29FF.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 86
I have got the chrome one from the Daylight Company D32107 which does not cure Shellac or Brisa which is very good for not casting shadows, looks stylish and very moveable.

I then brought one from Maplin 22W Daylight Magnifier lamp as I wanted to try one with a magnifying glass. Again it does not cure anything but the magnifier does take alot of getting used to, as you have to always be a certain distance away from the nail otherwise it goes out of focus, which is annoying but is very helpful to see small detail. This is not made specifically for nails so wonder if those specially made would be any different.

I have the one on the right. I position the mag up high so it doesn't get it the way, and the light is lovely and bright, perfect for nails. It then doubles up as a mag lamp for doing lashes/waxing my own brows/ pore extractions etc.

Latest posts

Back