Which table lamp to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma Mcevoy

Reaction score
i am thinking of buying a lamp to do nails. Does anyone know of any particular lamps to use. I have seen an led one but I have heard that it can cure the nails. Does anyone else have this problem? I have also seen a daylight lamp from hobbycraft

Emily, it says this lamp is LED in the information. Does it not cause issues with LED curable Products?

Emily, it says this lamp is LED in the information. Does it not cause issues with LED curable Products?
Hmm I've not noticed any issues and I've had it a while now, about a year.

The only time I get issues is when the sun shines through my window... *reminder to get my blind put up*!!

Fabulous! May have to get myself one then. They look great. :)

Lol- bloody day light is a pain in the bum!

Fabulous! May have to get myself one then. They look great. :)

Lol- bloody day light is a pain in the bum!
It sure is! Least it's Autumn now and probably seen the back of the sunshine until next year.

Hmm I've not noticed any issues and I've had it a while now, about a year.

The only time I get issues is when the sun shines through my window... *reminder to get my blind put up*!!
What gels do you use just out of interest? I use gelish.
I'm thinking I will probably get an led one as these are popular and it's such mixed messages whether they cure or not!!

What gels do you use just out of interest? I use gelish.
I'm thinking I will probably get an led one as these are popular and it's such mixed messages whether they cure or not!!
I use acrylic then for polishing I use Shellac & Gelish.

LED is a type of bulb not a type of light :)

LED nail lamps still emit uv, but instead of traditional bulbs that need replacing they have LED bulbs

the LED bulb in the desk lamps will not emit UV light so should cause no issues :)

I have the daylight slim table lamp and it's amazing I can't work without it now and because it clips on the side on the table it doesn't take up space, it's LED and I haven't noticed it curing nails however when I got near the end of one of my gels I noticed it had started to cure but I was literally leaving the lid off for the whole time I used it which is very stupid! Now I put the lid back on more often and I have no problems

Do you find this one is big and flexible enough for you? Does it stay upright? I'm a mobile nail technician and have problems with lamps staying upright unless I clamp it to my desk, think it's because my desk is on wheels
Yeah it stays up perfectly :)

I bought this after reading your reply.

Great lamp, folds away easily and has a dimmer.

Thanks for the suggestion!

:)
No problem xx

i am thinking of buying a lamp to do nails. Does anyone know of any particular lamps to use. I have seen an led one but I have heard that it can cure the nails. Does anyone else have this problem? I have also seen a daylight lamp from hobbycraft

You should be buying a lamp recommended by the product manufacturer. So if using CND products buy a CND lamp, or if using ibd products buy an ibd lamp.

You should be buying a lamp recommended by the product manufacturer. So if using CND products buy a CND lamp, or if using ibd products buy an ibd lamp.

Reading down the thread I think the OP is referring to a lamp for light, rather than a lamp to cure gel polish etc.

Latest posts

Back