Which tanning solutions to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weston1983

Reaction score
hello im very new on here i have just done my tanning course and was just wanting some advise on solutions which ones to use any advise would be great:hug:

hey:)

There are so many spray tan solutions out there and every salon owner has their own preference. So it is best to sample a few brands and see what one works best for you.

One thing you will notice when using this solution is that it goes on dry...many customers when getting sprayed comment"there's nothing going on my skin" when there is.....its the omission of any alcohol in the formulation that removes the cold wetness feel on application...ideal for application during the winter months LOL

I would also consider stocking a rapid tan solution which organics has, you can charge more for this service!!!! Having the organics is a great way to open up you customer base, like customers with sensative skin.

It's important to remember that each and every customer that gets a spray tan from you is a walking advertising board...if your technique is right and choice of solution etc etc they will get asked where they got a spray tan from and so referral business starts to follow.

Good luck with your shopping around and if you perhaps want any samples just pm me

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a good idea to try lots of different solutions until you find the right ones for your client base.

I'd be happy to send you a sample of Unreal if you'd like one. We do varying shades 8, 10 and 12% and also cater for Winter and Summer skin variations. We also do a Rapid Tan solution, we use Ecocert Organic DHA in all our solutions.

I use suntana and my clients are very happy with it, good idea t get a few samples from a few companies that you like the look of, and see what one you like x

I use suntana and my clients are very happy with it, good idea t get a few samples from a few companies that you like the look of, and see what one you like x

Completely agree. I also use Suntana and my clients love it. There's 3 different shades. Light 8% which smells like coconut, medium 10% which smells like cherry, and dark 12% which smells like chocolate!! Because it's cheaper to buy than most tans, you can afford to run wee offers :)
But I would contact different companies and get samples, and then decide what works best for you :-D

Xx

FAKEBAKE :D

Did the course yesterday as I am opening a new hair and beauty salon at the moment and I loved it :)

It's a good idea to try lots of different solutions until you find the right ones for your client base.

I'd be happy to send you a sample of Unreal if you'd like one. We do varying shades 8, 10 and 12% and also cater for Winter and Summer skin variations. We also do a Rapid Tan solution, we use Ecocert Organic DHA in all our solutions.

I love love love Unreal!!!

i have just has a spray tan with suntana and was very please with them i have requested a sample and im gonna try them all and see what i like best :Grope:

FAKEBAKE :D

Did the course yesterday as I am opening a new hair and beauty salon at the moment and I loved it :)
i have heard fake bake is good i have also requested a sample from them so i shall try it
good luck with your shop :hug:

it is definatley best to try a few and record your findings as you can forget!!

i have recently switched to the omg range of solutions as my previous solution seemed to have changed!!! the omg range is fantastic and comes in different scents chocolate cocnut cherry and vanilla. I have many happy returning clients, they do a 9% 12% 16% and even a 20% most of my clients love the 12% i have a couple of regulars that are redheads and they have the 9%, the guide colour is golden so it is easily seen when spraying the fade off is great and one of my oilier skinned ladies says her tan lasts around 10 days!!
The customer service and support is fantastic too and they do have offers on a lot alongside freebies with their solutions. Try the trial sized products, the only downside is they dont really do any marketing material apart from a poster, which i have used for events!!!

thanks everyone :hug:

I am a fakebake lover but do not love the fact that they have gone out of stock again and when I called them today they said they might not even have it for the show next week!!! Very disappointed! Last week I trailed a few tans that the lovely Paul from wow factor sent me, one of which was organics! The colour is good and I have ordered a bottle for delivery tomorrow! None of this 5 days fakebake delivery! Will update on clients feedback! X

hello

i use tantrick and i love it fades well and goes on well and looks natuaral and do it in different shades and do the rapid

Austin x

VANI-T for me :) I love it, I trained with them, I use it in my salon and i am now a trainer and supplier for them :)
xxx

Latest posts

Back