White blonde to dark copper/red

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faerififi

Reaction score
http://images.wikia.com/batman/images/1/1e/Poison-ivy-uma.jpg

This is the colour my client wants to be. She has full head bleach with about 6 months regrowth and probably about a base 7 naturally.

Im thinking a quasi i.e. colourtouch but will i need to prepig first? Whatever I use will probably have to put a mix tone in to increase vibrancy but if i prepig orange first will it fade less after the first application? She goes back to uni after xmas (wont be able to come back to me for at least 2 months) so want the colour to keep looking its best for as long as possible.

Ideas appreciated, im still training :)

You must mix copper and a dash of red pernament mix tone with water to Pre pigment to blonde use cotton wool to apply if you want. Then wipe off any excess after 10 mins . Mix up a pernament shade and best an intense 1 like 66/75 of the top of my head in wella depending on desired shade .

http://images.wikia.com/batman/images/1/1e/Poison-ivy-uma.jpg

This is the colour my client wants to be. She has full head bleach with about 6 months regrowth and probably about a base 7 naturally.

Im thinking a quasi i.e. colourtouch but will i need to prepig first? Whatever I use will probably have to put a mix tone in to increase vibrancy but if i prepig orange first will it fade less after the first application? She goes back to uni after xmas (wont be able to come back to me for at least 2 months) so want the colour to keep looking its best for as long as possible.

Ideas appreciated, im still training :)

Depending on what base youre aiming for will depend what you need to pre-pig with...my favourite pre pigmentation product is Affinage Quickpig...you choose the tone you would like, red, orange or yellow and spray it on before you colour :) because there is a lot of red in your desired outcome, i would say pre pig with red even if you're aiming for a 6. and the all over colour, i'd say the first application should be permanent with 3% as even though quasi's tend to work better when colour bleached, porous hair, i always find they fade a tiny bit quicker, especially when red, but after the first application go with a quasi definately! but to be honest with you, the first application, no matter what you use, is not going to last her 2 months without it looking washed out and probably a pinky, orangey colour...
Hope some of that was of some use to you :)

Yeh thanks its helpful, i was just lookin for reassurance on what i was thinking already. Ive told her that she will probably have to get some directions or crazy colour or something to top the colour up in between.

I was white blonde a month ago and have just font copper!

Definitely pre pig with a red or orange depending on what shade you'd like - then colour over this. If she wants it vibrant add copper concentrate and get her to mix crazy colour etc in with her shampoo! (which needs to be a professional colour save!) good luck

Latest posts

Back