White spots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diannamak

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a regular client that i use shellac gel polish. On three of her nails are very prominent white spots. Now, i know that usually means damage to her nails. But im confused bc the removal process is simple. Im not digging or scraping her nails. The shellac just flakes off. So, am i damaging just those three nails ?? Im not understanding.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated 
Sent from my LG-D950 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sounds like nail dehydration. Is the client not using Solar Oil 2-3 times daily?

What are you removing with? Acetone or nourishing remover? I use acetone as it's stronger but it can dehydrate the nails, a drop of oil before wrapping helps a lot. Also if client isn't oiling it will cause dehydration. Just had a big issue of dehydration on one of my employees big toes from Vinylux and not oiling and it caused massive white spots that covered almost the entire nail!

Usually white spots are dehydration rather than damage so use lashings of oil and see if it disappears, it it doesn't disappear then it's probably nail damage x

Felicity xx

I use acetone. And no shes not using the oil im sure. Thanks for the help. Definitely gonna try using a drop of oil before soaking off. Thanks again !!

Latest posts

Back