Who is the original Salon Geek?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chloester

Reaction score
who is the original salon geek?
im curious as to who created this wonderful website which helps me weekly haha and do they have a profile i would love to view it! :Love:

The Geek is responsible for this wonderful site.😄

Sweet Squared.

This site has been around longer than Sweet Squared, The Geek is the creator of initially the Nail Geek that grew and developed into Salon Geek.

Sometimes if you do a search you will come across some really old threads.So old they are closed.If you find them you will get a feel for how things were then and how and why some of the original members get very nostalgic and long for the old days many unfortunately didn't like the change and moved on.
Even I don't count myself as one as I came in when it had just changed to salon geek.
You can also really get a feel for how the industry has moved on though.Not all in a good way especially the nail industry.
I wonder what the first question was can it be resurrected?

Last edited:
I told my friend to come on here as she had just started up again as a therapist after a good few years break,she saw I was called Grand Geek and asked if i started the site :D

So it started originally as a nail site? Maybe that explains why that board always has so many viewing?

How old is the site? From the first nail board until now?

So it started originally as a nail site? Maybe that explains why that board always has so many viewing?

How old is the site? From the first nail board until now?

The site was founded by Samuel Sweet (The Geek) in 2002.

If you click on Other on the toolbar then members list and once you have the members list up you can click on join date and the list will go in date order from the first member...The Geek.

Very cool it's been here since 2002. Many more years. I love very much hearing what fellow hairdressers across the pond know. They give good advice.

Do sweet squared own it? And is that to do with the geek (surname sweet)?! X

Sometimes if you do a search you will come across some really old threads.So old they are closed.If you find them you will get a feel for how things were then and how and why some of the original members get very nostalgic and long for the old days many unfortunately didn't like the change and moved on.
Even I don't count myself as one as I came in when it had just changed to salon geek.
You can also really get a feel for how the industry has moved on though.Not all in a good way especially the nail industry.
I wonder what the first question was can it be resurrected?

I might do some searching myself, be awesome to read much earlier threads. I guess im naturally nosey lol.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

This site has been around longer than Sweet Squared, The Geek is the creator of initially the Nail Geek that grew and developed into Salon Geek.

I wondered why in Geeg's book it is referred to as the nail geek ha xx

thanks everyone :)

I can remember when it was the Nail Geek. I can't remember if Skin was added first and then Hair at a later date.

Seems a long time ago now. I used to be here every day but I am only here a handful of times a year now!

Latest posts

Back