Who still fries their skin.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
Before i knew any better (or maybe i did but didnt care) through my twenties and early thirties i would lie in the sun any chance i had, i also used sunbeds for many years,they had them where i worked for free so 3 times a week i was on them where i read the morning papers..so no goggles either.

Now when its sunny i wear hats, sunglasses and really cover up i think ive had more than my fair share of sun.

Apart from skin cancer we know how much it ages us i know this from seeing bums when i massage that look positively youthful to the faces that look very aged indeed on the same person.

So how aware are you ,do you still bake yourself on a two week holiday or do you wear sunscreen all the time even in winter,do you nag your clients about it like i do now when they come back from hols with a brown face?

Im a nagger! I only nag because im caring for their skin. I also believe there is nothing more important than applying an SPF, even in winter time! This is one of the best forms of protection from ageing ... obviously I can help their natural ageing process but definately prevent ageing from sun damage.

I'm a sunscreen bore! SPF 30 + for me and all my clients! :eek:

I used to be a sun worshipper, low factor sunscreen, lay in it for hours. Nowdays (wrinkles, creases for my sins) I get bored lying around in the sun, I wear factor 30 at all times and you still get a good tan, also my tan lasts so much longer as I never burn.

I wish I had listened all those years ago, but then again there wasnt the publicity around 20 years ago like there is now. Stay sunsafe is my advice now. :hug:

I am a nightmare for not wearing sun screen,i am one of those lucky peeps that goes red first and then go brown from then on with no probs, i know i shouldnt do it,even when im abroad i only wear a factor 7,and i used to be a sun shop adviser for Boots about 15 years ago..giving customers advice on sun lotions ...lol...i really dont think i will do anything about it untill the time when its too late unfortunatly..i would love to go to one of those screenings where i can see what damage the suns done to my face then i might start wearing sun screen.:confused:

How true, all those years ago had anyone known the damage that sunbeds caused would they have been invented in the first place (as per asbestos, cigarettes etc.etc.) Well, I'd like to think not!

Thankfully I always abstained from sunbeds (and asbestos!) and I look at friends I have known to have used sunbeds in the past and they have aged sooo much more than me (I'm pushing 40 now!). Gene's could play a part I guess but my love of factor 30 is the more likley savior!

I am a nightmare for not wearing sun screen,i am one of those lucky peeps that goes red first and then go brown from then on with no probs, i know i shouldnt do it,even when im abroad i only wear a factor 7,and i used to be a sun shop adviser for Boots about 15 years ago..giving customers advice on sun lotions ...lol...i really dont think i will do anything about it untill the time when its too late unfortunatly..i would love to go to one of those screenings where i can see what damage the suns done to my face then i might start wearing sun screen.:confused:
What is stopping you now....:eek:

There is NO excuse...it is not too late now...:!:

Yes i nag,no i have NEVER layed out in the sun,and yes i wear spf 25 daily all year round:)

Im going to Tunisia this year , and was asking my friend what factor should i start on.. we are so bold, nothing over factor 10 was mentioned :green:

Maybe i'll think again

Any suggestions.... two week sun holiday in june...light olive skin, goes a bit red then brown... three months away from 40 too

Have a spray tan before you go, and slap on an SPF 25 or above!

Im going to Tunisia this year , and was asking my friend what factor should i start on.. we are so bold, nothing over factor 10 was mentioned :green:

Maybe i'll think again

Any suggestions.... two week sun holiday in june...light olive skin, goes a bit red then brown... three months away from 40 too

Factor 30 all the time all over,exfoliate and moisturise and dont tan your face at all wear a big hat and sunglasses.You will still have a lovely longer lasting tan no peeling and if your face is paler than you'd like apply a fake tan to face and decolette'.Remember its all acumulative so its never too late.

Just to add in the same way not all ordinary moisturisers are the same its the same with suncream and it is better to pay that bit more if you can go professional all the better especially for the face.

great idea about a spray tan, definitely going to do that.... and maybe i'll try a factor 25 or......20 :lol:

But deep down thank you for the advice and i will take it on board.

Out of interest what everyday spf would you advise me to wear? At the moment Im using one from ZO1 an aussie company spf 30.
x

Out of interest what everyday spf would you advise me to wear? At the moment Im using one from ZO1 an aussie company spf 30.
x

Now im not an expert on spfs and what im telling you is what i have read and that is that factor 30 is about as high as you can get before you get total zinc bloc so when something says its 35 or more etc and its not bloc then its 30 but some screens are less than they say.You also have to look at the screening for both uva and uvb.

some of us just can't help getting a tan no matter what we do :lol:

Latest posts

Back