Who uses callus peels?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happysez

Reaction score
Hi.

I have had callus peels in my pedicure kit for a year now but I don't use them very often. I think I am stuck in a rut of just doing luxury pedicures, with a scrub, masque etc.

What is your procedure when using a callus peel? You would still have to soak the feet to do the cutical work right?

Any advise would be great as when I have used them I like the end result.

Many Thanks in advance.

I use a microplane first on the really bad areas, apply the peel, wrap in cling film, and then get to work on the nail plates and the shaping. Once I'm done with the prep I remove the peels, scrape off the dissolved callus, file with the disposable file and carry on with the rest of the pedicure.
You mustn't soak the feet first, and if you use a product like CND Cuticle Away there's no need to soak the feet for the nail prep part.

Please where can I get a microplane from?

Thanks Lynne, you're such a genius and one of my favourites on salon geek. Seriously I've got about 7.

Blushes furiously!

Thanks for the reply Lynne. Just looked at the link also. Unfortunately I don't use cuticle away and i'm in Spain already but I could possibly order some and get someone to bring it over for me.
Hmmm food for thought. Is there any other way I could do the cuticle without having to soak the feet first?

Hi
CND do SEA SERUM apparently really good (see video on you tube). It's out of stock at the mo but may come in at end of the month- I'm waiting for some too!

I use a microplane first on the really bad areas, apply the peel, wrap in cling film, and then get to work on the nail plates and the shaping. Once I'm done with the prep I remove the peels, scrape off the dissolved callus, file with the disposable file and carry on with the rest of the pedicure.
Lynne - that is excatly how I do my callus peels too :D
I love the microplane (got mine from QVC). x

Happysez - Just an idea, you could do a callus peel special offer to encourage your clients to try it. x

Last edited:
I use an angel foot file and just trim and file the nails while the peel is soaking and then put the feet in the foot soak and do my cuticle work then as my clients expect a foot bath.

Ok. I have just used the callus peel without using the spa but i feel the rest of the foot is neglected kind of.
Most of my clients wear flip flops and I find they come with feet that are not totally clean. I only use the callus peel on the heel and the rest of the foot is hard to file. I don't know, it just seems strange not giving the feet a good soak. I have to say the skin on the heels were great but I just wanted to scrub the nails.

Hi Guys I use Callus Peel and love love love it!! I will give the feet a file first, then I may cut the peel in half depending on what my clients feet are like because you can use in on the heels plus some people have hard skin on their pads. I will then wrap the feet in Cling Film. While thats on I will then do my cuticle and shaping work. After the cling film has come off and I have removed all the 'softened' callus, I then file feet again. Once i'm happy with this I then get clients to put their feet in my foot bath and give them five mins with the massage feature (also ensures all callus peel is off), I will then do my toe tiding and painting etc. I then use the Callus Peel cream and use this to massage the feet and then another cream to do a finishing massage. It might sound indepth, but its not. All my clients love it.:D

The foot file which is sold with callus peel is fantastic in its own right. I find it far better than any other foot files I have used and it makes work effortless.

The foot file which is sold with callus peel is fantastic in its own right. I find it far better than any other foot files I have used and it makes work effortless.

I agree, this file is fab. I use one file pad at a time, and it goes in the bin after each client. Refill pads are available too.

Latest posts

Back