Who was it that asked about Newspaper Manicures?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried this last week there's some pics on my FB page, I used vodka and it worked great topped it off with glaze and go and the designs still goin strong!!! Although I'm getting a few funny looks as to why I have a bottle of Smirnoff next to my desk!! Haha x

I used sanitiser spray. Looks good and was so easy! My daughter's going to love it! Wish i could find a way to get the print the right way round though.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Just to let you all know i failed miserably at transferring news paper onto the sticky layer of shellac :-(

Kxx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

That's a shame, I so love that look. What did you use?

I was just testing to see if it would transfer directly onto the inhibition layer of shellac rather than spray and transferring after...no luck :-(

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Just a couple thoughts. I think this will work wonderfully if you remove the inhibition layer from Shellac, apply newspaper art, then topcoat like normal. There wouldn't be anything in the Shellac different from regular nail polish (as far as the surface).

And as for making the words the correct way, rather than mirrored. Just my opinion, but then you would be searching for the "right words" to put on your nails! If you took a story randomly from the newspaper, you might get random words that may or may not be appropriate! Haha. At least with the words backwards, no one's going to try to read your fingers. :p

Thanks Ambur 😄 just tried with Shellac. Base coat, cure10, studio white cure 120, remove inhibition layer, apply newspaper(sprayed with disinfectant) then top coat, cure 120. It's feint so I need to work on the print but it works. Yippee!

Bump! Have seen SJK online today, this is for you! :)

Thank you Planky x. It wasn't me who asked about it originally, and I don't know who did, but I'm now obsessed and can't wait to have a go!

Thank you Planky x. It wasn't me who asked about it originally, and I don't know who did, but I'm now obsessed and can't wait to have a go!

I could have sworn it was you?!?! Who on earth was it then, cannot for the life of me find that thread, will search again! Oh well, glad you like it anyway Lol! :)

I could have sworn it was you?!?! Who on earth was it then, cannot for the life of me find that thread, will search again! Oh well, glad you like it anyway Lol! :)
Nope, definitely not me. I'd never heard of it before this thread. I did ask about tin foil manicures and still don't know what they are but this will keep me going for a while.

This is my first attempt on my mums nails. As any one got any tips to make it really stand out? As this isn't really noticeable! Lol 

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1319623406.823082.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1319623406.823082.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 193
Has anyone tried this over Shellac? Was thinking of painting nails Studio White, spritzing with alcohol and then pressing in the newspaper over that. Do you think that will work?

It does work. Soak newspaper in alc then press on. X

I loved this design when I seen it a while ago, yet to try it though. Seems simple enough.

I seen the original post about this I think in the shellac lovers group

ooh wish I had seen these before I did my nails earlier ! So how would I get this to work with Bio Sculpture ? Anyone tried it with this gel yet ??

Does anyone know if Bio's own Dual Cleanser's the same as this Isoprophyl Rubbing Alcohol 70% anticeptic & medicated cleanser or whether Scrubfresh is similar ???

I've used scrub fresh and it worked.

Latest posts

Back