who wears what?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exceptionail

Reaction score
just wondered who manages to keep their nails in tip top condition whilst working. i find it impossible to keep my nails long whilst i work, i end up with paint all over them. or if i wear polish then it just comes off from the remover.

how do u techs keep your own nails looking good.

xxx

If I want to keep a colour on then I wear a coloured gel - otherwise I end up spoiling my polish within minutes!!

My big problem is keeping the shape of my nails! I keep my nails square, but find they end up all sorts of odd shapes. The thumb on my left hand suffers the most! It usually ends up lipstick shaped - but not intentionally!

Hi Guys,

I tend to change my nails almost each week, as they end up getting ruined, like you say filed down into funny shapes, also i end up with polish on them, or little bits of acrylic or glue on them! So annoying! I change my nails into something different every time i do them as it keeps me one step ahead of my clients and if im wearing something, my clients tend to try it too. I have found that having oval shaped nails keeps them in a nicer shape for longer than say wearing them square. But all in all i wear them short usually as they get ruined if i have them too long!

Michelle x

I think it comes with being a nail tech that our nails usually come last....lol. I make time at least bi-weekly to tidy mine up and add new nail art etc.

hiya
I find my index fingers end up rounded! I have found wrapping plaster wrap around my index finger and thumb helps.
As for polish.......no way on this earth!!!! :lol:

I've seen flexi wrap stuff for fingers advertised but I've no idea if it's any good. There are also pads you can get that protect your nails from nail varnish remover etc - again I haven't tried them so can't say if it works or not! To avoid removing your own nail varnish you could wear a disposable glove - but that may end up more hassle than it's worth.

Julie

i wear almond/stilletto shaped nails as these do not get filed at all when doing clients so keep their shape

I recently did glitter tips on myself, I love the idea of doing my own nails but they are far from perfect - I just cant seem to file my nails! I either get a cramp in my hand or just leave them with a few bumps n lumps! To the untrained eye they're Fantastic but to me...? - well I'll just keep trying!

To keep polish on when doing a full set I saturate the wipe and use another to hold and if I'm airbrushing I squeak the nail with a cotton bud

Latest posts

Back