Who's done VTCT level 2 nail services?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey everyone....how are you all?

i was wondering if anyone has done a VTCT level 2 nail services course and whether you had to purchase a nail kit?

on my college website it says they provide all equipment but then says home study/practice is required so surely there must be a kit right? plus some girl i know said she knows people whos doing the course and had to purchase a kit but was wondering if anyone whoz done this course had to?

thanks huns

x

Hi, I'm not far off qualifiying now, but I've had to buy the mani/pedi kit, which included the nailart stuff, for about 110 pounds, it had a nice case though :) and the creative L&P kit was about same price, and INM gel kit was about same price, also I've just ordered an NSI fiberglass wrap kit 30 quid, we were allowed to choose our own wrap kit.
And the makeup kit cost 55 pound, but I purchased some extra items, like foundation, as I didn't like what was provided,Iv'e also got to purchase a portfolio case for the makeup portfolio I've got to do, so it all mounts up.

As well as all the other bits that I bought off my own back, plus the tuition fees, so I dread to think how much I've spent so far.

I'm glad to see someone else is covering all three systems, do you know if you will be recognised for them all, as the 3 systems are lvl3 stuff, I hope so :)

Good luck with it all :hug: x

Hi, I'm not far off qualifiying now, but I've had to buy the mani/pedi kit, which included the nailart stuff, for about 110 pounds, it had a nice case though :) and the creative L&P kit was about same price, and INM gel kit was about same price, also I've just ordered an NSI fiberglass wrap kit 30 quid, we were allowed to choose our own wrap kit.
And the makeup kit cost 55 pound, but I purchased some extra items, like foundation, as I didn't like what was provided,Iv'e also got to purchase a portfolio case for the makeup portfolio I've got to do, so it all mounts up.

As well as all the other bits that I bought off my own back, plus the tuition fees, so I dread to think how much I've spent so far.

I'm glad to see someone else is covering all three systems, do you know if you will be recognised for them all, as the 3 systems are lvl3 stuff, I hope so :)

Good luck with it all :hug: x

hey hun!! woahhh youve spent alot lol well the course is £255 and the registration fee is £50 so £305 for the course so far thats without the tunic and textbook they say you need on top....i sent in my application form last week so im just waiting to hear if ill have an interview plus its a mature class which is great no little girls around lol..i havent really got alot of information on the course apart from what ive been told by a few members of staff at college i talk to but ive sent in a form requesting information

x

lol I'm the oldest on my course, but everyone is great, its so relaxed, nd our tutor calls us her babies, lol, funny as I'm nearly old enough to be her mom at 41 n half :).
But you will love it, I know I do, I'll be sad when it's finished :) x

lol I'm the oldest on my course, but everyone is great, its so relaxed, nd our tutor calls us her babies, lol, funny as I'm nearly old enough to be her mom at 41 n half :).
But you will love it, I know I do, I'll be sad when it's finished :) x

lol well im doing my level 2 hairdressing and im around younger people and im almost 21 so im not too old but older than the rest if you get me and i got a old sensable head on a young persons body :) which i think is good lol...have you got any pictures of your nail work that youve done in college?

x

lol well im doing my level 2 hairdressing and im around younger people and im almost 21 so im not too old but older than the rest if you get me and i got a old sensable head on a young persons body :) which i think is good lol...have you got any pictures of your nail work that youve done in college?

x

Yes I got some pics, but I've not put them on yet, well I'm actually doing a gel assesment tomorrow night, I've finished my L&P, I'll put them on my profile in the next couple of days.
21 hey, I wish I was again :) am in heart though lol x

its not a huge kit but there is certainly enough to get you going. I think it cost £70 and it has all you need in it.

Yes I got some pics, but I've not put them on yet, well I'm actually doing a gel assesment tomorrow night, I've finished my L&P, I'll put them on my profile in the next couple of days.
21 hey, I wish I was again :) am in heart though lol x

cool itd be nice to see what you have learnt,good luck on your assessment hun im sure you will pass :)
lol i hate the thought of getting older!

x

its not a huge kit but there is certainly enough to get you going. I think it cost £70 and it has all you need in it.

cool thaks for the information hun

x

I too did a VTCT course in Nail Technology, we used NSI for the acrylic system and The Edge for the Silk/Fibreglass. The college had a guy in who took orgers for the uniform, manicure kit and the book required, but you could buy your own if you wanted to. I bought the The Edge kit through college but bought my own NSI acrylic kit as I work near NSI in Manchester. :)

Im currently doing a NVQ Level 2 in Nail Services.

We had to purchase a uniform and kit which included our mani and pedi tools, some nail treatments, top coat etc, some colours, cuticle cream, files, a buffer, orange sticks, sissors etc.

As I had most of my tools already i didnt bother buying the kit.

As for acyrlic we use the college's NSI although if you wish to practise at home our tutor found some inexpensive Millenium kits for the girls. I use Creative as i converted.

BTW our course only covers ONE type of enhancements and tutor chose acrylic as its the most popular.

as far as i know my college covers all of them acrylic,gel,silk/fibre
well im waiting to hear back from college about my questions i asked them,i see that most people are being trained up in nsi so hopefully if i get on the course i get trained up in nsi :)

x

what kind of brands did you use?
this will depend on what the collage use. I would ask for a list of all equipment and unifoprm you are expected to buy. Ask if there is any £ assistance? Good luck.

this will depend on what the collage use. I would ask for a list of all equipment and unifoprm you are expected to buy. Ask if there is any £ assistance? Good luck.

hey thanks for the reply hun :) well i got a email this morning from college saying my enquiries has been passed on to the hair & beauty apartment to answers them and i should recieve a reply soon and also they mentioned ill be getting an interview shortly so i can ask any further questions then

sounds good to me lol ill ask if theres any help with buying the kits etc :)

x

hey thanks for the reply hun :) well i got a email this morning from college saying my enquiries has been passed on to the hair & beauty apartment to answers them and i should recieve a reply soon and also they mentioned ill be getting an interview shortly so i can ask any further questions then

sounds good to me lol ill ask if theres any help with buying the kits etc :)

x
there is some assistance with collages, but u have to ask. With course and products !:green:

Hey,

i'm doing the course at the moment and am about to qualify but yeh we had to buy our kits, although the college put the order together and get the priducts in. I would get your own kit and tell the college that you have one because they usually get the cheap things like the files that couldnt giv u a papercut let alone file a set of acrylic lol x

Hey,

i'm doing the course at the moment and am about to qualify but yeh we had to buy our kits, although the college put the order together and get the priducts in. I would get your own kit and tell the college that you have one because they usually get the cheap things like the files that couldnt giv u a papercut let alone file a set of acrylic lol x

lol thanks hun :) im still waiting to hear back from the college about my enquiries as far as i know we do have to buy kits during the course...but i still dont know what brands they use :)
how you finding the course?

x

Latest posts

Back