Who's fault is this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailove-x

Reaction score
Ok, so had a snotty message from a client this evening saying she hasnt even had her nails a week and this has happened (see pic) and she isnt happy! Surely something like this is her own fault. I do have t&c's on my site explaining that after 24 hours from your appointment repairs arent free and things like pull ring cans, diy etc can cause damage to acrylics
would like to hear thoughts x

Attachments

• 12092739_450586695146344_256531571_n.jpg
    12092739_450586695146344_256531571_n.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 403
Looks like shes caused that as its not like the whole nail has lifted or anything.
Guessing there tips?

Looks like shes caused that as its not like the whole nail has lifted or anything.
Guessing there tips?
Yes, tips with acrylic x

The nail doesn't look stable enough. There doesn't seem to be any apex as the nail is too flat, the white is far too long and there is product in the sidewall that is lifting.

If the nail isn't strong enough then It will break which isn't your clients fault.

If you don't think you are at fault then advise her it's £? Per nail to remove and redo.

I'd say it's hard to tell from that picture, but there are a few things to consider:-

The missing piece is from the free edge, it has not broken from the smile line, or where the tip joins the natural nail which are the most vulnerable points under stress. This would lead me to believe it was client inflicted, it's her right hand (I would guess dominant hand) and she's used her thumb to pick at something like removing a phone cover, or label from something.

However, from that picture it's hard to see if there is a sufficient stress point apex, you can't see how thin the product is at the tip, it should be thin but thick enough to create strength, for L&P to snap like that I suspect it was too thin.

I think it's a learning point for both of you, she needs to ensure she's not using them as tools and you need to ensure it's properly constructed.

You're right in that you cannot prevent clients misuse once they leave your salon but it depends on how you want your relationship with her to go. If she's a good client, discuss it with her and consider repairing it for free if you are in any doubt that it wasn't the best constructed nail, if when you see it you can categorically hand on heart say you did nothing wrong, then charge her.

I would say it's too thin and she's done something to break it, open a can by the looks of it! There is going to be lifting though as the product is touching the skin, maybe give her the benefit of the doubt this time and fix for free but make sure she knows this is a one time xx

The nail doesn't look stable enough. There doesn't seem to be any apex as the nail is too flat, the white is far too long and there is product in the sidewall that is lifting.

If the nail isn't strong enough then It will break which isn't your clients fault.

If you don't think you are at fault then advise her it's £? Per nail to remove and redo.
I thought the tips too long as well but she was adiment she wanted them that long :mad:

Do you use tip and dip method or normal acrylic method x

Just asking cos it does look quite thin and without apex. This is something I am working on myself atm. I always tend to put the acrylic too thin and flat. Because I know my application isn't perfect atm I will tend to edge on the side of replacing it out of goodwill. With overlay that thin on tip I probably would have broken it too xxx

Well i replaced it anyway...free. and she says its happened again?! Never had this problem before...she is a cleaner, is that a job that could cause breakage? X

I would halve the length on those tips, esp for a cleaner or anyone doing something active with their hands. They're so vulnerable. They look very thin as has been said, without much shape built in which is what gives strength. But that sort of break us caused by her hitting the nail on something, either very hard, or tbh more probably in this case because the overlay is too thin and flat.

Does she wear gloves for cleaning? Cleaning products and bleach can cause lifting, separation from the nail, and partial dissolve of an edge etc due to the chemical reaction, so gloves must be worn. x

Latest posts

Back