Why are most geeks not Premium?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is such a great thread, i've never really thought about this before, but now you come to mention it, it's a good question. It's never occured to me that i should be a premium geek, i always sort of thought it's for the peeps who really know what they are doing & are the 'proper' professionals, but now i come to think about it, that's what i'm aspiring to, so why not start as i mean to go on? And it's about contributing to the community that is helping me every step of the way to becoming the nail geek i want to be! Thanks! x

I agree that being a premium geek counts...and my subscription run out literally last week :sad: so when I have a few pennies in paypal I will be renewing again! Hopefully soon! :green:

Hi there

I was but no longer am, have decided at least for a while I'll stay that way.[Not a money issue].
The extra space in the gallery for pics is a bonus.
But the extra phangdangalies aren't why I joined the site. Fun for computer/interested minded but not nail related really & doesn't interest me.
Tutorials & the gallery were the main interest for me[have them all printed out now] & you source them without premmie membership.

XX J XX

I, like some others had never read enough to know what a premuim geek was- or otherwise- but I love this site and it's education and I will subscribe this week. Don't want to lose a good thing!!:hug:

Hi there

I was but no longer am, have decided at least for a while I'll stay that way.[Not a money issue].
The extra space in the gallery for pics is a bonus.
But the extra phangdangalies aren't why I joined the site. Fun for computer/interested minded but not nail related really & doesn't interest me.
Tutorials & the gallery were the main interest for me[have them all printed out now] & you source them without premmie membership.

XX J XX

True, but the space to maintain what we can source for 'free' costs someone. I see it as helping to maintain a very valuable source of knowledge that many of us would sorely miss if it was gone tomorrow. You do get extra bells and whistles but I'm not paying so I can have those, just recognising that this is a valuable place that Sam and the mods work hard to maintain for all our benefits.:)

there is no excuse, I should have signed up a while back (I have now),
I could blame it on quite a few things happening here to make me forget, but none of them justified reasons really... thanks for a great site. :hug:

I wonder how many of us would suddenly be able to find the money if this site became accessable only to those who subscribed?

Just a thought........:rolleyes:

I wonder how many of us would suddenly be able to find the money if this site became accessable only to those who subscribed?

Just a thought........

Yes good point!
I dont do clients and am not a pro yet I love the site and friendly advice I recieve without judgement just cos I havent 'done the training' so I signed up... for the year.
Plus, I remember how miserable I was when 48 hours went by LOL....and I couldnt access it.... I was mortified!
So I feel that my £20 contributes to it continuing and is a cheap price to pay for my new interest.
I spend more than that on bits for making jewellery in a month! :lol:

Love ya nail geek xx

Hi,

Thanks for informing me as a newbie geek about the premium, outside of doing nails I'm a writer and fine artist so I believe in supporting the arts. I will definitely look into this because this sight is soooo wonderful!:)

True, but the space to maintain what we can source for 'free' costs someone. I see it as helping to maintain a very valuable source of knowledge that many of us would sorely miss if it was gone tomorrow. You do get extra bells and whistles but I'm not paying so I can have those, just recognising that this is a valuable place that Sam and the mods work hard to maintain for all our benefits.:)

Many sites with great information are not paid membership's as I remember its an option. Alot of what is out there ends up being posted on here anyway.
If it's getting too much then make it a pay only site & then moderators can be reimbursed for their efforts. Makes sense to me!:)

Why am I not premium?
Money.
Yes, it's a valuable tool & worthwhile investment in my business.
However, as a stay at home mom, just 'barely' getting by, I can't get my hubby to understand why it's important that I become premium. He just doesn't "buy it".
You can't imagine the grief he gave me for having spent 25$ in canadian funds for buying two books:rolleyes: that are ESSENTIAL to my learning and bettering myself (since my course, I have since learned, was total CRAP)
I'm STILL arguing with him why I need to take a full L&P as a beginner to refresh all I learned in my DEP from 19yrs ago (uhh dude, info is outdated and this foggy brain has forgotten loads of stuff).

DO I plan on becoming premium? HECK YEAH! This site is so worth it.
When? When I have enough of my own money I dont have to ask hubby.

Cross your fingers for me that it's sometime soon.
EVery thing i was about to write down was said very eloquently by Victoria.
So what she said goes for me too!
A not very understanding husband and a non existent client base is my reason.
xxx

Didnt know you could be a premium geek or what one is for that matter. I usually got 3 toddlers buzzing round my ankles when I am on here and don't read things thoroughly. Maybe it should be promoted more ie emailed the details or something like that.

That goes for me to, allways wondered (the last weeks) what premium geek ment, and did not look it op. I will get into this, wanna know everything about it.

Minette

I'm not because I've only just heard about it through this thread! I will consider being preimium but will probably just subscribe for 4 weeks, though don't know what I stand to gain when I'm not trained yet - may put it off until November when I start my foundation?

can someone please tell me how i subscribe to be a preminum geek?
ive been looking on the site for the past 30mins for how i do it but i just cant seem to find it. sorry i must be having a dumb moment.:cry:

i used to be one, but i would like to be one again now. :hug:

thanks.:hug:

thank you. :hug:

i will become one again today.

i was premium - but it ran out and i haven't re-subsribsed to my financial situation - had loads of out goings and not many incomings - as soon as im in a position to become premium again i will. i do think it is important to give somethng back to such a valuable learning tool as without this site i probably would have given up on nails now. xx

Ive Now Done It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :)

Thanks.

Premium subscriptions give you some extra whistles and bells, however it isn't designed to make the site unusable if you are not a premium geek. I hate sites that require subscriptions or have limited access unless you buy into it. How would you know if you want to buy into it if you had to pay for it in the first place?

The subscriptions are first and foremost designed to be a way for members to contribute to the rather high cost of running the site. Those that can't or don't want to are not 'kept out' of the articles or tutorials or other content areas of the site nor made to feel lame because they are not a premee.Those that are, are given subtle extras on the site and my personal thanks :)

This site would become a bummer if only those that can afford to contribute were allowed to ;)

I have been a premium geek virtually since day one. My personal opinion is that all of the nail stuff should be freely accessible to all - as this goes in line with the reasons that Sam set the site up - as per his post above. I think that the Chit Chat forum should only be available to Premium Geeks but then that is just my opinion.

Latest posts

Back