Why do people get away with this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lady R

Reaction score
having a rant sorry!

a woman i used to work with sold me her shop a few years back, anyway i did it up made it fab and then agreed to sell it back to her whilst buying a new premises elsewhere so i could expand and concentrate more on beauty than the original sunbeds.

Long story short she pullled out the day of signing, my business had moved elsewhere leaving me with an empty shop and 3yrs of rent left on lease.
She is now opening a new shop just up the road doing amongst others spray tans at a ridiculously cheap price. And bragging about it all over facebook.

She is not qualified in spray tans, she has no beauty insurance, she ran a business for 6 yrs and never once filed a tax return or payed any tax as she was claiming over £1000 amonth in benefits.She still lives at home and has 1 child. And is about to do it again, she works one night in a care home so she won't lose her benefits even though she will be workiing over 40 hrs a week in her own business and in her own words "well what does it matter if anyone sues me, I've got no assets so they can't get a penny out of me!" And is happy to let people know that's what she does.

Why do the rest of us who work all hours god sends and support her with our tax, fill in the paperwork, pay out for all the course and insurance, why can she get away with this??
Is there anyone out there that can stop people like this? Why is our industry so easy to have people doing stuff like this?
It makes people ask me why I can't do stuff as cheap as her, obviously i tell them its because i am properly trained, but in this day people are hard up and will go with the cheaper option.
GGGRRRRR it makes me soooooo mad!!!:grr:

ok rant over...thank you.....won't do it again....

I'd be ranting too
Some people just don't care who they step on in business. While ...like you say the rest of us keep filling in forms and paying out.
Hope it works out for you.
Me and my business partner just moved salons and it's been the hardest year, not client wise, but just pure stress with contracts/ solicitors/ and a lease we didn't think we'd ever see the back off!
We are a year down the line now and it's all worked so stick in there and stay focused x

I'd make an anonymous call to the tax office!
It's so frustrating!

Report her to the DWP for benefit fraud too - u can report her anonymously on 0800 854440. She is an absolute fool to think she is untouchable; it would take them no time at all to gather enough evidence to prosecute this woman and if this has been going on 6yrs+ the only thing that will stop this woman going to prison is a very good barrister! And if she manages to find one of those, she'll struggle to run a business with a tag on :D

Hey lady!

I've read a few posts where you've mentioned your ex boss receiving benefits and lacking qualifications. I think if you really feel the need to report her, do it and move on.

She was hilarious in your blog... But thinking about her seems to be causing you stress. If the blog was based on even half truth then her customer service skills are seriously lacking and she won't pose much competition.

As to the contract falling through. These things often happen in business and it will probably be an expensive lesson - but you won't make the same mistake twice. It sound as though your business is important to you and I'm sure this is a difficult time that will make you an even better business woman on the other side.

Best of luck. X

WOW my god .........i had no idea people could do this!!!!I thought to run a business/shop all of that went hand in hand.......how Nieve am I?

And she can claim benefits also and work a 40 hour week?
Yet those of us that work and are honest are watched like a halwk to make sure were paying the rent/ tax etc .
Its shocking :eek:

She obv has no business sense and not to have training is terrible, im not so sure ....i rekon if people knew she wasnt trained they wouldnt be so quick to pay for a cheapy treatment...........i know i wouldnt.

If she advertises her business on Fb, there's your catch right there. They can get her for tax fraud. Or at least evasion. Report her butt.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

To answer the Thread question....because people let them !

You are letting her get away with it, by doing nothing.

She is committing Benefit fraud, claiming benefits whilst working and running her own business and collecting rent from you!

Report her.

Report her to the DWP for benefit fraud too - u can report her anonymously on 0800 854440. She is an absolute fool to think she is untouchable; it would take them no time at all to gather enough evidence to prosecute this woman and if this has been going on 6yrs+ the only thing that will stop this woman going to prison is a very good barrister! And if she manages to find one of those, she'll struggle to run a business with a tag on :D

+1 this. if no one reports her she will continue to get away with it. hope your ok hon x

To answer the Thread question....because people let them !

You are letting her get away with it, by doing nothing.

She is committing Benefit fraud, claiming benefits whilst working and running her own business and collecting rent from you!

Report her.

Spot on!

You can do something about it if you want to.

:eek: have just read your blog! She's a cracker isn't she!

having a rant sorry!

a woman i used to work with sold me her shop a few years back, anyway i did it up made it fab and then agreed to sell it back to her whilst buying a new premises elsewhere so i could expand and concentrate more on beauty than the original sunbeds.

Long story short she pullled out the day of signing, my business had moved elsewhere leaving me with an empty shop and 3yrs of rent left on lease.
She is now opening a new shop just up the road doing amongst others spray tans at a ridiculously cheap price. And bragging about it all over facebook.

She is not qualified in spray tans, she has no beauty insurance, she ran a business for 6 yrs and never once filed a tax return or payed any tax as she was claiming over £1000 amonth in benefits.She still lives at home and has 1 child. And is about to do it again, she works one night in a care home so she won't lose her benefits even though she will be workiing over 40 hrs a week in her own business and in her own words "well what does it matter if anyone sues me, I've got no assets so they can't get a penny out of me!" And is happy to let people know that's what she does.

Why do the rest of us who work all hours god sends and support her with our tax, fill in the paperwork, pay out for all the course and insurance, why can she get away with this??
Is there anyone out there that can stop people like this? Why is our industry so easy to have people doing stuff like this?
It makes people ask me why I can't do stuff as cheap as her, obviously i tell them its because i am properly trained, but in this day people are hard up and will go with the cheaper option.
GGGRRRRR it makes me soooooo mad!!!:grr:

ok rant over...thank you.....won't do it again....

Totally feeling what you say here. People who run businesses who don't pay tax are causing the economy a problem in my opinion: it causes society at large a problem because people tax that should be paid doesn't get paid and it causes people like me who are looking for work a problem because these are the sort of employers that pay cash in hand.

You could probably report her to hmrc but I guess it depends how you feel about that and what you think can be gained/resolved from doing this.

People like this make me so angry if everybody did this how would the country survive!

If you feel really strongly about this then report to the benefit fraud line.

If I was in this situation honestly I don't know what I would do I was brought up with it drummed in to me not to grass people up etc and it is hard to get out of that mindset, but if things aren't done about these people it is only us honest people that will suffer in the long run

OMG there are some cheeky people out there, id be straight on the phone letting all the relavent people now about her as not only is she a scamer, shes putting clients at risk by not being quaulified.xx

sorry girls, i have ranted about this before and she did something else that pissed me off, so needed to blow!

You are all right she needs to be reported and I believe people have, stupidly I just can't bring myself to do it, god only knows why!!!

Its nice to know people care though. And as a geek once wisely reported: "Stressing about some one is like letting them live rent free in your head"

Well as she's getting enough free off me from my taxes, she can do one!!!!!

Thank you all x:wink2:

Latest posts

Back