Why Do People Have To Be So Horrible?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clazaridis

Reaction score
I've been looking through some of the threads, and I seem to be finding some posts where some geeks are just plain rude and completely off the original topic! I thought that we were all in these industries together and on this forum to help eachother out?? Everyone is entitled to their opinion but there are ways of getting it across without being just plain rude.....c'mon everyone, be nice it doesn't cost anything! :D x

Of course there will always be a difference in opinions on a forum and we all have our own weired and lovely ways of getting our point across, however, this site IS a professional site for learning, sharing, guidance and support.....for those that are IN the hair/skin/nails industry....or aspiring to be, so passion and frustration can sometimes filter through posts/replies when those with little or no experience/training go head on with those who have worked very hard and for many years in their field.

The written word is a hard one to read as it comes with no facial expressions or emotions...so we can sometimes read a reply in the mood we are in and not necessarily in the tone that it was written.

Of course there is no excuse for anyone being rude but what 1 person might read as being "rude" another might read as just being "straight talking"..."blunt" or "too the point"

To be fair, for a forum as big and successful as www.salongeek.com with 1000's of members we do pretty good for keeping things on a nice friendly level....:)

Last edited:
We do need to keep this thread constructive or it will get closed immediately. If you went on a course and were taught by someone who was all fluffy and stroked your egos and told you everything in the world was rosy and you would all be able to earn shed loads of money by having no qualifications or training - what would you think? If you went on a course and were taught by someone who called a spade a spade and who had had 20 plus years in the business, constantly evolving and succeeding but did not mince their words - what would you think.

Your answer to these questions will actually tell us a bit about you!

There are so many people on here at the top of their game who are willing to give great advice and education FREE OF CHARGE and for that they deserve respect, not insults and reported posts!

...c'mon everyone, be nice it doesn't cost anything! :D x

I have never often seen anyone been rude to anyone on here. What you will see is passion, for our industry, whether it be nails, skin or hairdressing.

What we have trained so hard to do is our life and our bread and butter. Not a hobby. I have quoted you above because, yes, I agree being nice doesn't cost anything but what we have striven for as professionals has, it has cost a lot of us a lot of money, time and personal obligations.

I like to think on the whole I give good advice on here, but sometimes something will get my goat, like someone who hasn't trained and doesn't want to pay to do so and wants us all to answer their questions, they might see me as rude, but I would say I am always honest. I have worked hard to get where I am, and why should someone who is not prepared to, reap the benefits of my input? Don't get me wrong, I am just a nail tech who wants to do my job to the best of my abilities and keep my clients coming back, which, I am happy to say do.

This site is invaluable as I am sure you will find if you stick with it, take on the advice of the professionals and you can't go far wrong and if you have the right attitude that you never stop learning, you will gain so much from it. :D

Sometimes ...and only sometimes personalities do clash however on the whole peeps offer good advice and the moderators do a dam fine job in ensuring site rules and the correct code of cunduct is followed by all.

Of course there will always be a difference of opinion and a good debate (on a professional level) is great however what does sometimes get boring is when things get a tad personal...no need for it really on a professional forum.

All in all some very good advice and assistance...opinion etc etc is given and much appreciated by those asking of it.

Talking of useful professional tip's and tricks........ive heard that with regular brushing using WD40 that it reduces the build up of plaque and helps prevent spinach sticking to your teeth.

Just as a precautionary foot note...best not to light up a cigarette within 2 hrs of the treatment

Oh this advice is completely free of charge however if you do require pictures there is a token charge:eek:

HTH :hug:

Last edited:
Talking of useful professional tip's and tricks........ive heard that with regular brushing using WD40 that it reduces the build up of plaque and helps prevent spinach sticking to your teeth.

Just as a precautionary foot note...best not to light up a cigarette within 2 hrs of the treatment

Oh this advice is completely free of charge however if you do require pictures there is a token charge:eek:

HTH :hug:
Omg Collin, pmsl You and your wd40.
I am really intrigued now have you tried this? was ya face burnt that why you said leave for 2 hours mwahahahahahah

To the original poster,
unfortunatly you will find on any pro forum that at times there are some uncalled for comments made, that is purely because we seem to have a influx of newbies wanting something for nothing, who just seem to come on cause a stink then dissapear leaving those of us left behind reeling about what just happened.
Therefor many of us now are quite cautious in our responses, we always check peoples profiles and if they haven't been filled out we asked them politely to do so, so that we can give them all the correct info that they need.
As previously said many of us have spent thousands of pounds on our education to be where we are today.
There are those who join who see our jobs as just a hobby, that does tend to get peoples backs up.
I have been a member now for a few years and not once have I ever regretted joinng.
Where else can you get opinions from renowned professionals for free.
We are a friendly bunch here, those of us who have been here longer than a couple of months are more than prepared to try and help out others.
Jen xxx

Last edited:
I am really intrigued now have you tried this?

I have indeed tried this :wink2:and now my teeth are completely spinage free :eek::lol::lol:

I have indeed tried this :wink2:and now my teeth are completely spinage free :eek::lol::lol:

And is your face furr free now too? or even skin free pmsl :lick::lol:

I often find that threads like this are started, when the poster didnt like the info given! MHO anyway! :?:;)

Yeh, Its tough to hear, what you are doing isn't right, or the advice you gave wasn't the best. Whats important to remember is no matter how old you are, how long you've done your trade WE ARE ALL STILL LEARNING!!!

Theres been a good few times I've posted something and then had someone replying very bluntly and it made me see, the original question I put from their point of view.

I love coming on here getting all the different opinoins etc!!!

I'm quite new to the site and have to agree that the professionals on this site are passionate about what they do (which is why I'm on it nearly every day!!). I do think that occasionally there are comments that I think are a bit harsh, but they are few. I love this site so much and learn from it daily.

Annie

I'm of the opinion that we should always be polite with people, even if we have a different point of view to them. And to definitely avoid making personal remarks or dissing someone else's work - particularly if you're trying to push yourself in favour of someone else.

Theres been a good few times I've posted something and then had someone replying very bluntly and it made me see, the original question I put from their point of view.

Not surprising is it.....That's cos you invariably post gibberish :Grope:

...oops is that personal:eek::Love::hug:

Not surprising is it.....That's cos you invariably post gibberish :Grope:

...oops is that personal:eek::Love::hug:

But remember... you can do it when you B&Q it ;)

Good add there thanks Ruth...share prices have just soared some 0.000000000001% :lol::hug:

Lol :lol: :lol: nice one Ruth :)

Kimi have you seen that tatty looking Ginger tom
Cat about lately ??
you know the one who says you speak gibberish .... the one who used to have bits of green in his teeth lol :)

Lol :lol: :lol: nice one Ruth :)

Kimi have you seen that tatty looking Ginger tom
Cat about lately ??
you know the one who says you speak gibberish .... the one who used to have bits of green in his teeth lol :)

LOL I even had green hair a couple months back...WD40 didn't sort that little problem out..that's for darn sure :o

Oh dear oh dear oh dear...this is looking like one of those threads that gets very personal...hands up who started it:rolleyes:

Naughty person LOL :smack:

Collin I've reported you cos you are SO MEAAANNNNNNN

I will list things you have picked on me about....

Well first and foremost the pompom!!
My big teeth and getting things stuck in them!
My gibberish talking!

I will away and cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm cancelling all that cake my mum is baking for you too!!!!!!

MEANIE!!!

Collin I've reported you cos you are SO MEAAANNNNNNN

I will list things you have picked on me about....

Well first and foremost the pompom!!
My big teeth and getting things stuck in them!
My gibberish talking!

I will away and cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm cancelling all that cake my mum is baking for you too!!!!!!

MEANIE!!!

LOL...that cake should have been here by last week anyhoo's :twisted:

I do have to confess I met one of our team at a touristy roadside coffee house kind of place yesterday...went to the counter and ordered the large Cappuccino...and there in front of us was a HUGE display of carrot cakes ....of course we couldn't resist.:o

On the way home I did wonder if that was made by your mum and she had sent it to the wrong place :irked:

You don't have the cake cos I told my mum how mean you are and she is angry.......

i told my mum on you!!! LOL

i don't even like carrot cake but in the shop next to my work they do a big carrot cake with carrots made out icing on the top LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back