why do we bother!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you really think this will make one iota of difference? Look at the States; they have licensing and are still over run with NSS.

Amen to that! There are probably 10 of them that I can walk to from my house.

All they do is check your training certificate, your equipment and your premises meet legislation requirements. They do not give you a licence based on skills or actual working practices - they don't see you actually doing a treatment.

This is exactly what I've found now that I'm preparing for my licensure exam. Our practical exam in California is about whether or not you can follow health and sanitation guidelines. If you can sculpt a hoof safely, you will pass. We are not graded based upon our skill or talent. I had no idea that was the case originally.

S

At the end of the day I KNOW im fully qualified.I know i care about my work and my clients,Im insured ,im registered,I maintain my hygiene standards so i dont have to worry about passing anything on i know my limits and i dont do what im not trained or insured for.
I educate my clients if they don't understand or don't know about our industry and those that care i keep if they don't really care and just want quick and cheap i don't want them anyway.
Ther are plastic surgeons almost killing and disfiguring people and they often get away with it who really cares about us.

Gill, totally agree with you there. If you know deep down you are doing your best to produce the best quality work, then why worry about the ones who don't.
Yes, it's very annoying, but do we spend our valuable time trying to smash down the NSS. Or do something more constructive with our time?
Too much time worrying about what everyone else is doing, let's sit up, look in the mirror and concentrate on how to better ourselves. I know that's what I'm going to be doing.

IMO!!

sash, your profile doesn't say much about you, can you fill it in please?
Back to the subject ..... follow your own path & ignore the rest.... your work should speak for itself.

Personally I bother because of self respect, respect for the industry and respect for my clients.
If you don't have this I don't think you will last long in any profession.
jmho

Personally I bother because of self respect, respect for the industry and respect for my clients.
If you don't have this I don't think you will last long in any profession.
jmho
Ditto.

If we were to only bother with things that others bother with, what sort of a person would be be??

I want to be the best I can at what I do, and I will take whatever steps I need to take to get me there. If there are those that do not wish to follow the same path as me, well that is their prerogative, but IMO they won't be around long enough for me to have to spend any of my time worrying about them.

sash, your profile doesn't say much about you, can you fill it in please?

I read your reply too quickly and thought it said Sarah. Doh! I hurried over to my profile thinking it had gone poof!:o

S

Latest posts

Back