Why do women hate women so much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you have to be an absolute saint not to criticise or judge people on their body size.I don't mean doing it openly,but in our heads.Its human nature surely.
Thing is with even plus size models, they still photo shop them.They make curves rather than folds,even out all the skin tone and remove the stretch marks and if they are plus sized they are still about 6ft so carry it off well.
Then you have the celebs who won't admit to having a gastric band or lipo and saying they did it all with exercise and healthy eating.Its no wonder we all feel insecure about our bodies.
Its like the thing at the mo celebs without their make up.Still photo shopped.Not one line or blotch in site.
I saw someone the other day in the wholesaler who I recognised and thought they looked a lot rougher than their facebook pics which they always looked young and gorgeous in and then found out they adjusted their own pics before they put them on skin,teeth,chins etc Please tell me no one does this lol.

I have the app to do this!!never have though lol

Pretty much every picture you see in a mag is airbrushed in some way. The fashion industry and a lot of the beauty industry is run by gay men who don't actually find the female form appealing, and then the magazine industry makes a fortune from convincing us to buy their products to read articles on how to compete with airbrushed, photoshopped pictures.

Is it any wonder that most women are screwed up about their body image? Women's continued insecurity is big business, and a lot of people are making vast fortunes from it, including our industry.

Mind you men are catching up.They are being put upon now.No body hair,six packs and the right pants.

There are lots of PMs flying around, egging people on. I have been forwarded some that were about me :( I made the mistake of reacting when I should of acted like a lady and risen above it xx

Wth seriously? I can't be arsed with the arguing that goes on sometimes, why bother? But the fact people PM egging people on is just sad!

It's not just celebs though. I refuse to have Facebook as it is just a bragging post and I can't be doing with just looking at pictures of people dolled up (and probably photo shopped) and just bragging where they're going/have been and all competing against each other!

Even my 16 year old daughter doesn't bother with it anymore as she thinks its all fake. Plus I think it's disgusting when these young girls are posting pictures of themselves sprawled on their beds in their lingerie pretending they've just woken up (with full hair and makeup done) with a stupid tag line like "missing my baby, gonna meet him in town later". I mean seriously?!!

It's not just celebs though. I refuse to have Facebook as it is just a bragging post and I can't be doing with just looking at pictures of people dolled up (and probably photo shopped) and just bragging where they're going/have been and all competing against each other!

Even my 16 year old daughter doesn't bother with it anymore as she thinks its all fake. Plus I think it's disgusting when these young girls are posting pictures of themselves sprawled on their beds in their lingerie pretending they've just woken up (with full hair and makeup done) with a stupid tag line like "missing my baby, gonna meet him in town later". I mean seriously?!!

Same here Waffle. Closed my fb account last Christmas and never looked back. It sickens me.

I think it's great that the shops are using more realistic models for women, I was a size 8 before I had my two boys and now I am a curvy size 12. I think women are very bitchy about one another I admit that I can be too, we should be supporting each other - we get enough crap off men without women too!

I notice that a lot of younger women are sooo vicious

and cant seem to stand another woman with self confidence and self respect

It's like they're so friggin unhappy and miserable internally that its seeping out of them and they just have to try and destroy anyone who they see is happy

Some women are just emotionally mean, nasty and jealous characters

I know some amazing women who are so joyous and fun and inspiring to be around...completely genuine characters.... I try and surround myself with people like that and avoid the leeches

No it does not matter as long as there confident in their own skin and have got what it takes thats what matters:D

Perhaps we should view it as us lot are in our great big group and the weirdos who think they are better than us have to go off and make a secret special group ... especially for special :wink2: people.

Lol

You've only got to look at this forum! If there's an argument taking place on a thread, that thread will get 100's of views. What intrigues me is how they know to go and look at that thread or do they inform each other?

Of course the ones that think they know everything pm/Fb each other thats for sure

Really!!! I hate all that crap. I've heard that there are secret groups on here too. Get a life!

Lol if there are I could imagine all of them haha

Lol if there are I could imagine all of them haha

There's a gruop on Fb which say. Why is salon geek full of bullies lol

Perhaps we should view it as us lot are in our great big group and the weirdos who think they are better than us have to go off and make a secret special group ... especially for special :wink2: people.

They should have their own site and leave salon geek would be so much better without them lot... X

Can people really be bothered making up groups and talking about people they don't really know?!
They must have too much free time that's all I can say Xx

Haha they do and they act like they are that good if they were they wouldn't have time to talk about others on Facebook would they? And they so stupid that they don't know there is someone on their Facebook that keep sending copies of it lol. All I do is laugh even shared it ON my Facebook and my clients only have laughed none left me yet hahaha

They should have their own site and leave salon geek would be so much better without them lot... X

You dont have to respond to everybody on here. Just choose to ignore it if you think they are being patronising. Takes alot more maturity to rise above it.
Its hard to tell what tone somebody is speaking when typing it. Could be sarcastic, a joke, or they could be deadly serious. Try not to take offence.:)

It sounds pathetic to be honest I wouldn't pay no attention to them, you obviously must be more interesting than them if they are talking about you ;)
Take it as a compliment lol Xx

Hahaha that's how I feel damn ur good. Talk good or bad about me but please keep talkin about me the more u talk the more higher I get ;)

You dont have to respond to everybody on here. Just choose to ignore it if you think they are being patronising. Takes alot more maturity to rise above it.
Its hard to tell what tone somebody is speaking when typing it. Could be sarcastic, a joke, or they could be deadly serious. Try not to take offence.:)

More than I ignore that's impossible lol but sometime it's 2 funny cant help it lol

More than I ignore that's impossible lol but sometime it's 2 funny cant help it lol

And how did this thread become all about you?? It's about women's attitude toward women. How we always find ways to put women down.
It's asking why, whether its self doubt or competition? Nature or nurture? Why woman dont have a supportive sisterhood.
As for thinking their are groups on FB talking about you..yes your name probably gets mentioned by others. Gossip is the way of the world, especially when you constantly scream "what about meee!" "Look at meeee everyone"
The ones who are truly in the wrong are the ones who forward you copies of what is said.
Ask yourself why they chose to show you stuff they know will hurt you?
Ask yourself do you really know them?
Ask yourself what are they gaining from stirring up trouble?
In my opinion they are doing it for their own personal gain, not because they are your friends or genuinely care about you. They like drama and love throwing a bomb in to the room and then stepping back and watching it explode.
When they forward stuff to you do you see the whole conversation or just what they want you to see?

Now can we get this back on to being a thread about women's body image. Advertisers control of out self esteem and why woman constantly judge OTHER WOMEN on outward appearance. It's not really about who said what on FB about Thiago

And how did this thread become all about you?? It's about women's attitude toward women. How we always find ways to put women down.
It's asking why, whether its self doubt or competition? Nature or nurture? Why woman dont have a supportive sisterhood.
As for thinking their are groups on FB talking about you..yes your name probably gets mentioned by others. Gossip is the way of the world, especially when you constantly scream "what about meee!" "Look at meeee everyone"
The ones who are truly in the wrong are the ones who forward you copies of what is said.
Ask yourself why they chose to show you stuff they know will hurt you?
Ask yourself do you really know them?
Ask yourself what are they gaining from stirring up trouble?
In my opinion they are doing it for their own personal gain, not because they are your friends or genuinely care about you. They like drama and love throwing a bomb in to the room and then stepping back and watching it explode.
When they forward stuff to you do you see the whole conversation or just what they want you to see?

Now can we get this back on to being a thread about women's body image. Advertisers control of out self esteem and why woman constantly judge OTHER WOMEN on outward appearance. It's not really about who said what on FB about Thiago

Hurt me?

Oh god bless your heart that doesn't effect me in any level hun not from who It comes from..

Have a nice day xoxx

Hurt me?

Oh god bless your heart that doesn't effect me in any level hun not from who It comes from..

Have a nice day xoxx

Ask yourself, have you ever said anything nasty about anyone else? Those who say no are lying. Glass houses and all that.
As you get older you learn to roll with the punches and not care that people are talking about you. I couldn't give a flying frog that people have messages you about me ( you told me as much)
Apathy is far more effective then revenge.

Back to my intelligent, interesting thread please about woman being woman's own worse enemy and away for salon geek politics

Latest posts

Back