Why do women hate women so much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More than I ignore that's impossible lol but sometime it's 2 funny cant help it lol

Really? You have to comment! You just can't resist can you! Being so self centered must use alot of time and energy!

There is a lot of problems with model size's, and I agree there should be more normal size displayed. A shop I worked at's mannequins were a size 4 to 6, our clothes started at an 8 so everything was pinned to look good.

I do have strong views on large size's, in that I don't like them. I was huge when I was younger so feel I have the right to not like to look at large people. A cousin of mine is a size 22 but claims to be 16. Its not good at all.

I'd say the models should be an average size 12, its a healthy size but please keep 18+ out of advertisement to try and insentivise larger people to lose weight.

And to add, its not just larger women, I don't like to see supersize men. Debenhams are now doing 5x xl, its a bit of a bad time that people even let themselves get to there without shops making it easier xoxo

There is a lot of problems with model size's, and I agree there should be more normal size displayed. A shop I worked at's mannequins were a size 4 to 6, our clothes started at an 8 so everything was pinned to look good.

I do have strong views on large size's, in that I don't like them. I was huge when I was younger so feel I have the right to not like to look at large people. A cousin of mine is a size 22 but claims to be 16. Its not good at all.

I'd say the models should be an average size 12, its a healthy size but please keep 18+ out of advertisement to try and insentivise larger people to lose weight.

And to add, its not just larger women, I don't like to see supersize men. Debenhams are now doing 5x xl, its a bit of a bad time that people even let themselves get to there without shops making it easier xoxo

I have mixed feelings. Woman come in all shapes and sizes and all woman ate beautiful and should be comfortable in their own skin BUT should we really be saying "ah forget healthy eating, if you wanna be a size 30 then you go ahead" obesity is a disease and it is killing people of all ages world over..

I have mixed feelings. Woman come in all shapes and sizes and all woman ate beautiful and should be comfortable in their own skin BUT should we really be saying "ah forget healthy eating, if you wanna be a size 30 then you go ahead" obesity is a disease and it is killing people of all ages world over..

Agreed. And "its a health issue" just dosent cut it for me.
Try working out more, eating better whatever it takes, but no illness will turn you big, its if you let it.
More illness comes from size than does good, my size 22 cousin has polycystic ovaries and type 2'diabetes as well has the non medical but not nice results of facial hair all due to weight. If she wasn't big, she wouldn't have diabetes, if she wasn't big she wouldn't have pcos (I know its not only weight, but hers is diagnosed as due to weight) and if she don't have pcos she wouldn't have a beard.
There's only so much motivation one can do to try and get someone to lose weight. Xoxo

As someone who's always been a plus size, I can hand on heart say that I've never been jealous of another woman's figure but that's only because I knew I'd never achieve it so don't bother trying to compete. I do admire toned and slim women though and I think they look gorgeous.

I'd love to be slim but I look at people's faces as that's where the real beauty lays. Yes, you could have surgery but you have to have the bones to drape it over.

I think that when men are young, they don't want a fat girlfriend because of what their mates will say, but when they get older they don't care.

It's a fact that beauty sells magazines and we're all in the beauty biz:)

Agreed. And "its a health issue" just dosent cut it for me.
Try working out more, eating better whatever it takes, but no illness will turn you big, its if you let it.
More illness comes from size than does good, my size 22 cousin has polycystic ovaries and type 2'diabetes as well has the non medical but not nice results of facial hair all due to weight. If she wasn't big, she wouldn't have diabetes, if she wasn't big she wouldn't have pcos (I know its not only weight, but hers is diagnosed as due to weight) and if she don't have pcos she wouldn't have a beard.
There's only so much motivation one can do to try and get someone to lose weight. Xoxo
I stand from 7am until 7pm without even sittin to eat my sandwich. I work like a dog, so I don't think it's about working out.

Tomme having PCOS can make you gain weight and facial hair x

I think every woman's beautiful no matter their size and I can say that with my hand on my heart. I'm a size 8, yet I am very insecure about myself, and I can be envious of other women, NOT for what they look like but for how they express confidence and happiness in their own skin!
Btw could these 'secret groups' on SG be sorted out by admin? That's awful :(

Tomme having PCOS can make you gain weight and facial hair x

She was size 18 before getting it. A diet of chips, pizza cheesy garlic bread and pastys doesn't help xoxo

She was size 18 before getting it. A diet of chips, pizza cheesy garlic bread and pastys doesn't help xoxo

That's a bit harsh Tomme! Can we see a pic of you so we can all be in awe of your beauty and perfection? :) x

That's a bit harsh Tomme! Can we see a pic of you so we can all be in awe of your beauty and perfection? :) x

Not saying I'm prefect, I'm saying she was a big girl before getting it so its not the pcos that caused the weight gain more the diet habits, although it is the household that has a bad habit as they are all large. Xoxo

You obviously have no idea about PCOS, I have it and it is not from being fat, the symptoms become worse when you are heavier that's all, also it is really hard to shift the weight.

In terms of women hating women it is just self esteem issues, we all want to look better and when we see a women that we feel looks better than us we feel bad so attack them, it's in our DNA! x

I actually really hate women who think too highly of themselves. There's a woman on my road who struts around and you can just tell in her walk that she think's she's the bees knees!

There are also overly confident women at the school playground who just think they are absolutely "it". But to be honest this attitude seems to work well for them as they have a swarm of other mummies around them hanging onto their every word. I already know which girls in my daughter's class are going to end up like that. They must be born with all that confidence.

Am I jealous of them? No. Feel threatened by them? No. I just don't feel that these women are really being themselves and are fakes.

Wow, that was really interesting. I am such a softie, I cried when that other woman cried! :eek:

Aww bless you! it is awful that most of us paint this ugly picture of ourselves. We'll pick out our worst features when a stranger would do the opposite :'-) x

I actually really hate women who think too highly of themselves. There's a woman on my road who struts around and you can just tell in her walk that she think's she's the bees knees!
So.... if a woman is happy with how she looks, feels good, is confident in herself and it shows, she's fake?

Good for her I say, I'd like a little bit of her confidence.

Just watched this, quite interesting. Think how you would describe
yourself.. X

http://www.upworthy.com/2-people-de...to-a-forensic-artist-and-this-is-what-happene
Ooh that made me think (and cry lol).

I hate bitchy women too, think its what's made me become insecure over the last few years. Why can't everyone just accept people for who and what they are? Everyone is different and beautiful no matter what size they are. I always try to compliment people (even strangers), its lovely to see their reaction, gives them and me a boost xx

M

I always try to compliment people (even strangers), its lovely to see their reaction, gives them and me a boost xx

M

I totally believe in doing this. I have never had anything but positive reactions with beaming smiles.

Sometimes it can be a bit daunting, but I push myself to say it. A couple of years ago I was going into Alma de Cuba in Liverpool when I saw this uber-cool male model type looking haughtily down from his lofty height at us lesser mortals - or so it seemed. He was both beautiful, and beautifully dressed. So I told him! He just melted into this lovely lad, and gave me a big hug and kiss.
Being old enough to be his Granny probably enabled me, though!

So.... if a woman is happy with how she looks, feels good, is confident in herself and it shows, she's fake?

Good for her I say, I'd like a little bit of her confidence.

Yes I can see how it reads and it's not that exactly. It's hard to put my finger on and describe properly. This woman has attitude and thinks she's above everyone else. You'd really have to see her to know what I mean.

Latest posts

Back