Why does everyone ask for discount??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skippy87

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Do any of you keep getting clients enquire about nails and then ask you for a discount?

I have had 3 people this week the 1st lady lives 16 miles away from me i told her there would be an extra charge to cover petrol costs and she wanted nail art. but she asked me if i would do the whole lot for £30 including traveling 16 miles there and 16 miles back.

The 2nd lady lived about the same distance away and basically wanted me to drive all the way there to file her nails and stick on nails the brought from the shop :eek:

The third lady is someone who i used to go to school with but i dont really know her, she has made about 3 appointments now and cancelled all of them. she has asked me to do her nails for her wedding in may. She then asked how much it was and if i would do it half price because she is the bride.

Dont want to sound funny but cant they see i am trying to run a business, you dont go in to tesco and ask them for discount on an item or anything like that so why do people think they can do it to nail tech's??

sorry its a bit long just needed to get it off my chest, its really frustrated me. xx

People are getting cheekier & cheekier. They think If they dont ask they wont get. So Im ready for them & the answer is plain & simple NO.... I am trained & offer quality products at a fair price....

If they want something cheaper they are welcome, but at the end of the day they will get what they pay for, but not by yours or my fair hands.

Cheap, poor quality enhancements simply arent my cup of tea & clearly not theres since they are barking up your tree .... Bid them fairwell or get them to cough up for your services :)

Just say "Yeah half that price is fine. Which hand would you like doing, the left or right?"

I think that's a great response! Hehe

Latest posts

Back