Why I'm Hesitant to Try Brisa...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carmen

Reaction score
Hey geeks!
I've been using Akzentz gel for over 4 years now and am very happy with it. HOWEVER, I read all the rave on here about Brisa and it has definitely sparked my interest.

I would like to try it but am hesitant for the following reasons:

1) The white for sculpting must be cured using a clear form (so I've been told by my CND supplier)
2) The paint on white is in a nail polish type bottle and I think it would get a little messy. Why doesn't it come in a pot?!

Can anyone give me a little insight on this?

Thanks! :hug:

Hey geeks!
I've been using Akzentz gel for over 4 years now and am very happy with it. HOWEVER, I read all the rave on here about Brisa and it has definitely sparked my interest.

1) The white for sculpting must be cured using a clear form (so I've been told by my CND supplier)
2) The paint on white is in a nail polish type bottle and I think it would get a little messy. Why doesn't it come in a pot?!

Posted via Mobile Device

Hey Carmen, PM me!

Hey geeks!

Stick with what's working for you ,girl.

Hey geeks!

That's true and, the clear Performance Forms aren't as good as the blue ones:sad:. If you don't want to use clear forms, you can sculpt the free edge with a thin layer of sculpting clear, cure, then cover it with sculpting white and double cure -2 mins before and 2mins after removing the form
You can always pour yours into a spare pot!;)

Brisa is definitely worth a go. You might still prefer Akzentz but you only know after you've tried Brisa:)

I've used them both and in general i prefer Akzentz. The natural pink is in a much more natural color, the builder white cures pefectly even with a regular form. But i have to say the brisa warm pink gel is much nicer than warm or cool coverage pink from akzentz, and even thow the brisa paint on white comes in polish like bottle it is very user friendly (if you pour it into an empty pot first!), but not much better than akzentz paint on white.
I have to say i do prefer Akzentz because on top of everything they have such a nice range, from colors to gel cleanser, affixit, stawberry scented non acetone polish remover, nail prep, etc...
I do love that my clients see the brand on absolutely everything so that they know i only buy top stuff and with Akzentz i can do that, buy everything from them and be completely happy!

So, when you pour the POW in a pot, does it all come out of the bottle. IMO, having it in a polish-type bottle just means a lot of waste.

Prionace - I absolutely LOVE Akzentz as well. And, I was trained on it so I am really familiar with the line. The strawberry polish remover is great, isn't it?!

I just keep hearing all the hype about Brisa so the thought to try it had crossed my mind.

I guess it would be kind of silly for me to experiment with a different gel since I have one that works for me, and more importantly, my clients. :)

The POW is in a bottle but there is also their white gels in pots which imo are much nicer to use than the pow. In fact the white in pots is much thicker thank the pink gels making it easier to sculpt, it holds its form beautifully and doesn't move at all before curing.

Why are the clear forms a problem?

:hug:

I don't like the idea of only being able to use the clear forms because it's silly how much they cost. JMO though :)

So, are there only 2 whites available?

If you fill with the sculpting white, it will cure the whole way through? Or, do most fill with the POW?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Creative like Akzentz have the builder whites and the POW whites. POW's give you a crisper smile line and make maintenaces a bit faster, and it is simpler to change from french to natural and vice versa. With the builder whites a more natural look is achived, specially is combined with a more opaque pink. I love using both, depending of the look i want to achive.
For example to create a set of extensions i can either:
- sculpt with a natural gel (a mix of beige, soft white and clear that mimics the natural nail color), then apply clear or pink gel. File to desired shape and size, refine. Apply top gloss for natural or paint french with POW and top gloss.
- sculpt with white, apply pink gel (clear pink or opaque pink). File to desired sahpe and size, refine. Apply top gloss.
The first option is a bit more time consuming but alows the client to have the natural look on her next rebalance.

Latest posts

Back