Why is it OK to touch skin with the Solar Oil brush?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melwinnie

Reaction score
Hello

As the title suggests its just a thought really. I know when using cuticle away you shouldnt touch the skin with the nozzle of the tube so that it is always kept clean, and I know nail products are ok to touch the nail plate because the ingredients in them means that they cant get contaminated. Is it the same for solar oil? You dab that on th ebottom of each nail and then return the brush to the bottle so presume that this is same to do? I know some of the bottles used to come with pipettes but the ones I have received are in bottles. I have my shellac training in a week so apologies if this is something that its covered in that, Im just trying to prepare myself so im not going to the training blind with it only being half a day. I wont to get as much from it as I can.

Thanks in advance

Cant wait gor the answer ive always wondered this x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Me too, and thought you were the one who was going to give me the answer! lol Now there's 2 of us waiting in anticipation! :)

I always use the dropper ? X

Sent from my GT-N7105 using SalonGeek

Please someone, let us know!!!! 😁

As far as I know it is not ok to touch the skin with the brush.

You either touch the nailplate with the brush and rub the oil into skin or you allow a drop to land on the skin.

Ah I see. So the brush would only touch the fresh varnish/shellac which had been freshly applied so no concerns re germs/bacteria? That makes sense if I'm on the right lines x

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Hi...

The only time I touch the skin with brush is if I have upsold a bottle to client and then I use the bottle they are taking....otherwise a droplet on and then rub..

Sarahxxx

Ok so you have checked for contra-indications, you have used cool blue, you have decontaminated the nail plate and used sanitised tools, therefore minimising cross contamination 😄

I agree with Ryk. I use the dropper but having said that--you apply solar oil at the end of the treatment and you should have gone through all the appropriate hand washing, sanitizing nail plates, etc...so there shouldn't really be much to be worried about?

Again, I always use the dropper and if I did use a brush I probably would let it fall onto the nail plate and I wouldn't swipe it but I think it would be safe if you had gone through all the appropriate steps. I certainly would always use a dropper on toes regardless but that's just because i'm paranoid.

I'm sure I saw a post recently which confirmed it is ok to touch skin with the solar oil brush....something about the bacteria etc not being able to be carried/survive due to the make-up of solar oil. I use the large size with the pipette anyway so not too worried but hopefully someone will come along and confirm that I am not going mad and I did see that post somewhere on here... :o

I would think it best not to touch the skin or nail. Sanitation reduces pathogens but does not eliminate them

x

Well the solar oil I got in my kit is for UAE on multiple clients and comes with a brush not a pipette so unless I sartuated the brush and allowed droplets to fall off I'm sure how I would get the product on there without touching either the skin or the nail plate. I have my shellac course a week tomorrow so ill wait to see how I'm trained and then ask the question direct. I appreciate you all taking the time to answer. Once I have an official answer from my trainer I shall update this post, just for those who said they too would like to know x x

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

I hold a gauze over bottle and tip a little onto it then wipe it across nail and cuticle. Works for me :)

Hhhmmm I'm not sure on this one. The only time a brush every touches a client or myself is with our own personal bottles. I always use the dropper on clients but when I first started I didn't have the big bottle so I just tipped it on my finger then rubbed it in x

I always used to use the dropper but they fall apart on me. I think it's because of the oil, they pop out of the black bottle top and I'm forever putting it back together! This has now driven me mad for the last time and I have started to use the brush. I put a little on the new Shellac only and it rub in.

Karaxxx

So it's not just me they fall apart on! After getting my husband to fix it for the millionth time he told me I was tightening it too much so the pressure was making the black lid pop off. Since I've done it more loosely it's not come off :)

So it's not just me they fall apart on! After getting my husband to fix it for the millionth time he told me I was tightening it too much so the pressure was making the black lid pop off. Since I've done it more loosely it's not come off :)

Aaaargh me too!!

Xxx

Yep! Mine completely perished and separated from the lid. I thought that it was because it was my first large bottle and starting out it had taken me longer to use it up, but obviously not so.

I prefer to use the pipette as it makes the process feel more hygienic.

I use a clean que tip (cotton bud), I dip it in with enough to cover each nail on one hand, then turn it round, dip the other end in and use for the other hand. No chance of cross contamination. Not sure if its the 'right' thing to do but works for me

Sent from Sarah ;-)

Latest posts

Back