Why is my Client not fit for Minx?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olabecee

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I need help---if someone could shed some light on why my client is not fit for minx treatment? I had this particular client (very nice lady) come in to have minx on her toes as she was going to Spain but the minx did not last her more than 3 days. In fact she had lost a couple the next day by the time she got to the airport bear in mind she was very careful and she said she was in her flip flops the whole time. I have been mixing for 4 to 5 months now and I've had no problem whatsoever. I even minx my own toes myself and it last me on average of 6 weeks before I get bored of it.

She later told me that she finds plaster doesn't stick on her skin as well but I don't know the reason why minx veneer will not stick unto her nails. Any help and information will be greatly appreciated as I need to get back to her on this. Sorry for my long questions and thanks in advance.:)

All I can think of is maybe she's a VERY oily person!:lol:

I think its the fact that they wernt heated enough for the adhesive to activate properly OR shes fibbing!!!!!
She could have put on shoes that were maybe not fitting correctly and some have come off but I think it could be that the adhesive wasnt working to max strength.
Its happened to me only once or twice but if you heat them correctly - you'll have NO problems cos them babies stick like s*%! to a blanket!!!
Its a shame because she was going away but dont worry too much
Jayneym xxxx

I think its the fact that they wernt heated enough for the adhesive to activate properly OR shes fibbing!!!!!
She could have put on shoes that were maybe not fitting correctly and some have come off but I think it could be that the adhesive wasnt working to max strength.
Its happened to me only once or twice but if you heat them correctly - you'll have NO problems cos them babies stick like s*%! to a blanket!!!
Its a shame because she was going away but dont worry too much
Jayneym xxxx

I think as Olabacee has been minxing for 4 to 5 months with no problems then it is very unlikely that they werent heated enough for the adhesive to be 'activated' infact does the adhesive need to be 'activated'??

As far as I know, the heat allows the Minx to become more flexible and conform to the shape of the nail plate......the adhesive is just as strong unheated or heated I think?

Definately more likely that this lady is fibbing! & if she is not fibbing & you are certain you applied them correctly then ive no idea!! :rolleyes:

Hopefully someone else may be able to shed some light on this x

Thanks all for all the contributions but I'm just bumping it u again to get more views as I know the lady has not been wearing any shoes at all. Thanks.

I know it sounds like asking the obvious, but did you scrubfresh (or similar if not using CND) I have nails like that on my toes. Minx came off when my instructor did it and I wore sandals!!!! now I temp dehydrate my nail plates and they last for 6 weeks plus

xx

If she wants them done again
I would lightly buff her nail plate then dehydrate it with scrub fresh or something like that. Then make sure you fully heat the minx before putting it on (so it is really floppy)
I personally heat each piece of minx as I apply it (instead of sitting it under a heat lamp while on the sheet)
Then run a rubber tipped cuticle stick over all of the minx to check adhesion & make sure there is no minx overlapping the skin (if so use a pair of cuticle scissors to trim & then place the clients finger / toe under the minx light & go back over with the cuticle stick.

Hope this helps.
I have only had one person loose 1 small toe nail minx the day after doing her minx but she was very young & I honestly think she had been picking at it.
My oldest client keeps hers on for 12 weeks!!!!

The normal is around 6 weeks but by this time they need replacing as the cuticle area has grown & the toe nails need trimming.
I have now done over 100 sets of minx & I've had no feedback to say they fall off in baths etc

Ahhh Just remembered my mum had a set on ( been on about 3 weeks) when she went on holiday to Turkey & had a sauna then put trainers on this caused the little toe nail minx to fall off (as she'd heated them up then put on shoes which rubbed at them)

I think as Olabacee has been minxing for 4 to 5 months with no problems then it is very unlikely that they werent heated enough for the adhesive to be 'activated' infact does the adhesive need to be 'activated'??

As far as I know, the heat allows the Minx to become more flexible and conform to the shape of the nail plate......the adhesive is just as strong unheated or heated I think?

Definately more likely that this lady is fibbing! & if she is not fibbing & you are certain you applied them correctly then ive no idea!! :rolleyes:

Hopefully someone else may be able to shed some light on this x

The heat is necessary to ACTIVATE the adhesive as well as making Minx more pliable and easier to handle.

Hello, thank you again everyone for all your contributions. To sarahnailz, I do use scrub fresh as I use cnd products---I guess its just her nail plate as nothing stick to her nails or skin-----even a plaster.
CarlaC, thank you very much. I would actually say your procedure is exactly how I do mine as well so I can't see any reason why it's not working for her (my client) but working for the rest of my clients. Though I haven't done much sets -----may be about 25 sets in all----wish I could do more sets though. I think I would convince her to try it one more time just before I make a full conclusion---not sure how she would receive that though?
And lastly to geeg, I'm highly honoured and appreciative that you have taken the time to reply to my query as well. Thanks all, I'll keep you posted.:)

Hello, thank you again everyone for all your contributions. To sarahnailz, I do use scrub fresh as I use cnd products---I guess its just her nail plate as nothing stick to her nails or skin-----even a plaster.
CarlaC, thank you very much. I would actually say your procedure is exactly how I do mine as well so I can't see any reason why it's not working for her (my client) but working for the rest of my clients. Though I haven't done much sets -----may be about 25 sets in all----wish I could do more sets though. I think I would convince her to try it one more time just before I make a full conclusion---not sure how she would receive that though?
And lastly to geeg, I'm highly honoured and appreciative that you have taken the time to reply to my query as well. Thanks all, I'll keep you posted.:)

Sometimes a person's body chemistry is just not right ... she seems to be one of those. If nothing sticks to her then I would say this is the case and I wouldn't beat yourself up trying to solve a problem that is unsolvable.

I've had ladies come to me who claim that nail polish never sticks to their natural nails ... if this is the case, most nail enhancement products won't either. They can choose to try or not to try but I will never guarantee the result to a person with this kind of body chemistry.

I reply to all who I think I can help ... don't make me :o :hug:

Latest posts

Back