Why is my middle finger always the odd one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jac extreme

Reaction score
Every time I do a set its always the middle finger that I hate the most when its done, it always seems to look bulkier and wider than the others, does anyone else get this problem?

It's a proportion thing, always the widest finger (bar thumb) so...
it needs enough length to make it flattering..

Ring finger looks best IMHO

Always.............but I try to do an optical illusion kinda thing. I make the apex higher and file the side right down so it looks much slimmer.

my right hand drives me mad!!!! my little finger pokes off the the right slightly, my ring finger pokes off the the left and my middle finger looks stubby!!!! grrrrr!!!! so i make the middle nail slightly longer and taper it slightly, and buff one side of my wonky nails slightly more than the other to disguise it! ... i don't think my Dad accidentily thwacking my right hand with a sledge hammer when i was 9 really helped!!!! .... Never ever ever say "ok" when some asks you to "just hold this post while i knock it in"!!!!!!!

yup, i find that on myself and clients that almost without exception the nailbed on the middle finger is slightly shorter than the rest.

OMG!!! Me too!!!! The middle finger is always the hardest to get looking good!!!!!!

HEHE!
Me too. Middle finger always looks crap, and even if it looks nice for a start, it only takes a few days before it looks crap. This is, by the way, only the middle finger on my left hand. Was the same even when i didn´t use to do my own nails. Hmmm, weird, really
:?:

mine too the middle finger nails fan out slightly and the others dont:eek:

thank god for that i thought i was the only one, mine looks massive. id always thought omg ive put to much on again. now i now im not alone.xx

middle fingers (usually on the right hand) can be a bugger, most people from a very early age rest thier pen or pencil on one side of thier middle finger cuticle, after a period of time this mis-shapes that side of the cuticle .....(often to make it look right, you will build the nail higher (or lower) to compensate for the "look" this is why often those particular nails will lift (or look odd) on that side alone

Latest posts

Back