Wierdo? Or am I being naive?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zingara

Reaction score
I have just taken a call from a guy who proclaims to 'have many wives' and not all of them are as tanned as he would like.:eek:

He wanted me to go round and spray tan them all up.

I politely declined. I can't help but think I was being wound up, but I have no idea who by. He knew my name....said he'd seen my advert and subsequently checked on my website.....

You know it feels slightly scary when things like that happen, and you don't know whats behind them.

I have just taken a call from a guy who proclaims to 'have many wives' and not all of them are as tanned as he would like.:eek:

He wanted me to go round and spray tan them all up.

I politely declined. I can't help but think I was being wound up, but I have no idea who by. He knew my name....said he'd seen my advert and subsequently checked on my website.....

You know it feels slightly scary when things like that happen, and you don't know whats behind them.

someones on a wind up i reckon lindsay...:eek:do you have any mates or hubby's mates that would play a joke on you

S'probably some mad ex-navy lass or one of her buddies, Joanne! They're a whacky bunch y'know! lol!

I got a call on my mobile while out in the car yesterday, so I pulled up to take the call (no number displayed either). After saying hi I explained that I was just getting my diary out of my bag as I wasn't in the salon at the moment.. to which he replied.. oh sorry to get you on the hop... then went on to say 'do you wax pubic hairs' then put the phone down... it made me laugh as it was probably a kid who had seen my wheel cover on my car and just phoned showing off in front of his mates.. :irked: The ones that slightly un-nerve me are the ones who ring back a couple of times asking for 'details' .... I have now decided that I won't take any calls unless the number is displayed or ask for their number and I will call them back.

Calling you by your name can be un-nerving..(like your phone call Lyndsey) but I don't have my address advertised anywhere so I feel I have the upperhand on my safety still.

:hug:

That would shake me up a bit too feeling like a stranger (and weird one at that) knows things about you. Whether it's a practical joke or a bonafide perv, you handled it well.

I always feel like I'm being watched for a few days after weird phonecalls! Gee, I'm not helping much, am I?

Probably he found all your details on your site and will move on to someone else after not getting the reaction he was looking for.:hug:

It was probably a practical joker but I think that I would have had to probe a little more just for my inquisitive curiosity! I hate the not knowing one way or the other as I would have loved to get my own back and have the last laugh! :lol:

Wind up or not, you can never be too careful these days Lyndsay.

Latest posts

Back