Will the cold affect my Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachelLynch

Reaction score
I Leave my Shellac In my beauty room over night, the problem is its freezing overnight until I'm in the next morning and put my little heater on, I'm closed Sunday-Wednesday so it's cold the whole time. Will my Shellac be affected or will it be ok?
Thanks x

Hi Rachel. I'm sure it would affect the shellac but I also wanted to go off on a tangent and suggest that you maintain a steady amount of heat and ventilation at all times, even when you are closed for that length of time. I run a property management company and condensation and/or damp will eventually become a problem for you if this is how the salon is half the week. I deal with this on a daily basis, have a read about condensation and damp online as it's difficult to get the right balance of heating and ventilation, but crucial!

Hi Rachel. I'm sure it would affect the shellac but I also wanted to go off on a tangent and suggest that you maintain a steady amount of heat and ventilation at all times, even when you are closed for that length of time. I run a property management company and condensation and/or damp will eventually become a problem for you if this is how the salon is half the week. I deal with this on a daily basis, have a read about condensation and damp online as it's difficult to get the right balance of heating and ventilation, but crucial!

I rent a room above a hairdressers and they turn it of im not in control of the heating that's why it's only on when I'm there because I turn my little heater on

I read a post a while ago where a lady had to leave her Shellac in her car over a few days in the cold weather and I'm sure Gigi's reply was that it would be ok. Hopefully she'll see this and advise you though.
Rhiannon x

It will be OK but it wont be nice to work with !! Take it home and keep the temperature ambient so it is easier for you to work.

Temperature affects the performance of every product. There is nothing I hate more than going into a salon for a beauty treatment and all the creams are freezing cold .. even when they have a go with their hands first, it is never warm.

It will be OK but it wont be nice to work with !! Take it home and keep the temperature ambient so it is easier for you to work.

Temperature affects the performance of every product. There is nothing I hate more than going into a salon for a beauty treatment and all the creams are freezing cold .. even when they have a go with their hands first, it is never warm.

Thanks, I was thinking of taking it home with my lamp and my products just so nothing does happen to them they will be to expensive to replace x

Latest posts

Back