Winter warming body treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock chic

Reaction score
hey all, there was a thred back a while ago about winter warming treatments i have tryed to find it but no luck. I'm looking to add some nice warming body treatments or nice different body treatments. Can anyone recommend anything or any companys to purchase products for them. thanks everyone xx:)

Spa Journey do some lovely lotions and potions. There is one with toasted spice and one with cinnamon which are lovely for winter. There is also one with coconut for summer.
They sent me samples before I ordered.:lol:

thanks will check that out is the stuff expensive? x

just bumping!!:)

Do u do hot stone massage? This is a perfect winter warmer treatment and you can customize it in lots of ways.

Another thing you could try is putting heated booties on your clients feet during facials, especially lush on frosty winter mornings.

Heat your oil up before you massage and your clients will go definatly be back for more or you could use special candles to massage with.

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/118944-candle-massage.html

HTH

xx:hug:xx

Hi Tina,
I love winter treatments.

I offer:-

Hot stone massage - so I incorporate stones into more treatments at winter time, such as if the clients are having a facial, I give them heated palm stones to hold and place stones up against their feet. it also encourages the clients to book a full hot stone treatment.

Thai herbal compress massage - these are bundles of herbs in muslin that are steamed and you use one to massage, pummel and roll over the muscles, once its cooled down you pop it back into the steamer and use the 2nd one.
You can also get smaller ones for the face.

Ritual Candle massage - I've just learn't this one. Its a candle made of shea butter and oils and essential oils, light it 15 minutes before you need it to release the aromas, then extinguish the flame and use the melted pool of "wax" to massage the body. Again this can be done on hands for a luxury hand massage or feet for a sublime foot massage.

I'm going to offer a chocolate wrap with cinnamon and mandarin this year. I'm going to start the treatment with a salt body scrub with cinnamon and mandarin, then pour melted chocolate mixed with essential oils to envelop the body.

oh i love them hippy chick esp that last one, what products do use? xx

If you havent got one already a heated under blanket is always appreciated.Also warm wheatbags and eyebags.
Moor spa do a lovely hot white chocolate wrap which is very easy to use without a shower.

Hi Tina,
I love winter treatments.

I offer:-

Hot stone massage - so I incorporate stones into more treatments at winter time, such as if the clients are having a facial, I give them heated palm stones to hold and place stones up against their feet. it also encourages the clients to book a full hot stone treatment.

Thai herbal compress massage - these are bundles of herbs in muslin that are steamed and you use one to massage, pummel and roll over the muscles, once its cooled down you pop it back into the steamer and use the 2nd one.
You can also get smaller ones for the face.

Ritual Candle massage - I've just learn't this one. Its a candle made of shea butter and oils and essential oils, light it 15 minutes before you need it to release the aromas, then extinguish the flame and use the melted pool of "wax" to massage the body. Again this can be done on hands for a luxury hand massage or feet for a sublime foot massage.

I'm going to offer a chocolate wrap with cinnamon and mandarin this year. I'm going to start the treatment with a salt body scrub with cinnamon and mandarin, then pour melted chocolate mixed with essential oils to envelop the body.

Oohh, I like the sound of that one Ann, may have to pinch that idea, lol

As already mentioned, Spa Journey do a really nice Bali Heaven Spice treatment which is great for the colder months

I use gerard's products www.gerards.uk.com but am going to add the essential oils to the products to make it christmassey (I am a trained aromatherapist).

Glad you like Sarah.

I use gerard's products www.gerards.uk.com but am going to add the essential oils to the products to make it christmassey (I am a trained aromatherapist).

Glad you like Sarah.

I don't have an account with Gerards anymore & ran out of their chocolate a few weeks ago so use some from elsewhere & mix different oils in it to make 'chocolate bar' type 'flavours' Beauty Salon Felixstowe, Ipswich, Waxing, Facials, Pamper Parties, Eye Treatments - Chocotherapy Chocolate Treatments.

If you're trained in aromatherapy, it's surprising what concoctions you can come up with! :green:

I don't have an account with Gerards anymore & ran out of their chocolate a few weeks ago so use some from elsewhere & mix different oils in it to make 'chocolate bar' type 'flavours' Beauty Salon Felixstowe, Ipswich, Waxing, Facials, Pamper Parties, Eye Treatments - Chocotherapy Chocolate Treatments.

If you're trained in aromatherapy, it's surprising what concoctions you can come up with! :green:

Wow this sounds amazing and definately sounds warming, chocolatey and minimum calories LOL coz you don't eat!!

Where can I buy choc? can this be used in massage? or would you massage and use as a mask afterwards?

I'm intrigued - just qualified nin June as Aromatherpist...

Thanks for any help you can give

Px

Wow this sounds amazing and definately sounds warming, chocolatey and minimum calories LOL coz you don't eat!!

Where can I buy choc? the chocolate from gerards is 100%
can this be used in massage? yes it can, mix the chocolate with a little warmed oil to create a more manageable massage medium - it is very messy tho
or would you massage and use as a mask afterwards? I apply, massage then wrap

I'm intrigued - just qualified nin June as Aromatherpist...

Thanks for any help you can give

Px

chocolate is not everyones cup of tea, but the people who have it love it.

Hippy chick those treatment's sound lovely. Especailly the chocolate wrap, I'd end up eating the wrap I'm a chocaholic lol.

I'm doing a winter warner back treatment,
Minx lamp to warm the muscle's,
Exfoliation,
warm all ready blended aromatherpy oil (heated under the minx lamp,
moisturiser.

I'm going to do something for the full body to, also going to promote parafin wax manicure's and pedicure's to as that;s great for the winter.

I'm going to get an electric blanket as that's lovely.

kerry

Latest posts

Back