Wipe out the warmth

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clare_11

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help me. I have tried and failed many times with difference hair dressers and home colouring to achieve a flat chocolatey brown colour, the latest problem has been the speed it washes up (after 1 wash), it goes very warm. I'm told it's my own hair that must have natural warmth in it but I can't understand how it goes so gingery when my natural colour is quite fair/dark blonde. Can anyone recommend brands, colours etc etc that I could try to get the results I want and longer lasting colour than I'm getting. If my hairdresser uses one brand colour but another brand peroxide to mix it could this affect it?

Nobody seems to be able to tell yet but surely I can't be the only one with this problem! I want to cancel out any warmth at all, can't be too hard can it?!!

Thanks

Maybe because your hair is blonde/ light brown it doesn't hold colour well. Try asking your hairdresser for a pre colour, and rem your roots will come through quickly if you are fair and have a dark colour!

dont try homekits, you will jus wreck your hair and make it porous and less likely to hold on to any colour.
if your hair is coming out quite gingery i personally would be applying a blue based tint. i had a client who always seemed to return looking very warm when she was due a recolour and use the tigi steel collection and she is never warm no more :)

As scotty said, homedye kits are probably your problem here. You will have added warmth because all brown home dyes contain warm undertones. so layers and layers of warmth. Also if you are using cheap shampoos, they copntain loads of silicones, so the dyes you are putting on cant get through to the hair properly and then you end up with it washing out, leaving the warm undertones on display again. I would go to a salon, and explain what you want, buy some salon shampoos, they will tell you what to use to keep the colour looking good. Good luck xx

It's from professional hair dressers I get this problem, and it's mostly nearer the roots so it's where the least colour build up in. I don't really like using box dyes as I know they aren't good for your hair but I can't afford to be having my hair done at a salon every 2 weeks, that's literally how long my colour lasts before it looks like it's been 2 months!! So annoying!! Xx

Latest posts

Back