Wondering what I removed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwissSassy

Pédicure Diplômée - Pédi Suisse
Reaction score
Good evening geeks,

Today I had one of my ladies round for re-shellacing and she had product on from a salon done during her holiday. She re-assured me that it was Shellac but it wasn't.

I wrapped her fingers in acetone-soaked wraps for the usual 10 mins, and when I unwrapped the first one it was unchanged. A couple of them slightly changed after 30 minutes but very slightly and the product remained brittle. I ended up gently buffing them off and did the Shellac. Was a bit of a nightmare as it took ages and I had 3 bored kids flapping around getting impatient...

I work with Shellac and NSI gels but no other products - can someone suggest what it could have been?

Thanks! :)

More than likely a cheap shellac

It sounds like it was a buff off gel.

ive had a few of these too and they always say its shellac when its not and the removal time can use up 2 spaces :mad:

I've had this as well, don't know how salons can lie about what products they are using!

I've had this as well, don't know how salons can lie about what products they are using!

She was convinced that it was Shellac and mentioned that she even had to drive quite far to get the service as Shellac isn't widely available where she was.

Wel ... Someone was lying to her! As so many do. If they have to use the name "Shellac" to sell themselves ... Why not just use Shellac? Oh well, another opportunity to teach a consumer what is bing done and how they are being hoodwinked! :lol:

I've had a few ladies in over the summer who have been told they've had shellac only to find out when they come to me for removal that it is definitely not shellac.. It's so frustrating for them and for me! I can tell immediately by the colour that it's not shellac and then have to spend 20 minutes carefully buffing it off!! :/

Oh well, another opportunity to teach a consumer what is bing done and how they are being hoodwinked! :lol:

This is exactly what I have done Geeg with an unfortunate number of clients who have come to me with "Shellac" that needing removing. I've had a large number of new clients in a short timescale as a result as thy have gone on to educate their friends who have then become my clients :). There are 4 salons near me saying that they are offering Shellac, and I've had clients from each of the 4 come to me with something that is most definitely not shellac. I wish we had the spot checks in Britain, it might help to put paid to these fakes that are giving Shellac a bad name xx

I had this happen to me on Wednesday, a new client told me her nails and toes had Shellac on them so i wrapped them as usual and they never budged!! After i questioned her a bit further It turned out she had bluesky shellac on her toes and some cheapo gel on her fingers that the 'tech' had informed her was better than shellac coz shellac is rubbish!!??!! It took me ages to remove it all. She said she had paid £10.00 each and had it done in a salon!! It drives me mad :(

I had this happen to me on Wednesday, a new client told me her nails and toes had Shellac on them so i wrapped them as usual and they never budged!! After i questioned her a bit further It turned out she had bluesky shellac on her toes and some cheapo gel on her fingers that the 'tech' had informed her was better than shellac coz shellac is rubbish!!??!! It took me ages to remove it all. She said she had paid £10.00 each and had it done in a salon!! It drives me mad :(
Then take your first step to becoming a Shellac Certified Salon by registering on the NEW salon locator for those using genuine Shellac or/and Minx.

Go to Welcome - Sweet Squared and follow the instructions. Only genuine buyers (and regular buyers) gof the genuine products will be able to get the certification and be part of the salon locator. This is an important new initiative for you and to help consumers to find the genuine users of these products. So do it today.

Then take your first step to becoming a Shellac Certified Salon by registering on the NEW salon locator for those using genuine Shellac or/and Minx.

Go to Welcome - Sweet Squared and follow the instructions. Only genuine buyers (and regular buyers) gof the genuine products will be able to get the certification and be part of the salon locator. This is an important new initiative for you and to help consumers to find the genuine users of these products. So do it today.
I would love to do this Geeg but i can't see how to do it when i go to the website. Am i being a bit of a thicky? I would be so proud to be a Shellac certified salon :)

Latest posts

Back