Words/sayings that get on your nerves!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont like being called flower... 😐

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

My mate always says 'obeast' instead of 'obese'
This cracks me up so much I can't help starting conversations about BMI just to get her saying it

My mate always says 'obeast' instead of 'obese'
This cracks me up so much I can't help starting conversations about BMI just to get her saying it

I'm just " a beast"

I hate the expression The Christmas.

My nan & mum always say "It'll be better before you're married" & my mum sends everyone and anyone a million kisses after a message on facebook -_- its soo embarassing

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Lol I don't know. And when I ask him he just repeats it so I don't think he knows either!? 😂

My grandma used to say this to me, I havent heard it said for years!! It means instead of fancying that you would like to eat a chocolate, fancy the thought that you have already eaten one. Im still not sure that makes sense written down but I know what I mean lol

Sent from my SM-T210 using SalonGeek mobile app

I dont like being called flower... 😐

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Jeepers I say that A LOT, especially kids I work with or if I help out at school..
I get 'my name's not flower its Mary' I usually follow it up with 'ahh but I've got old brains and I'd never remember your pretty name and might mix you up with Simon and that would be baaaad so we f I call you all flower then I won't mix you up' the kids love the silly reasons.. Of course I know their names really but flower is like a pet name, one size fits all ;)

Props to you... aaargh I hate it, hate it, hate it!

I think it's another way of saying someone's done something good, bit like kudos to you. Kudos I like, props? No, no and no! Xx

hun is a very popular word and I have to say I have used it with some clients but I HATE it!!!

I did get a text from a client and the lady called me hun about 15 times, every other word was hun, hun, hun.

Mind you what's even worse is the blokes in Liverpool, especially younger generation who say "lad" after each and ever word.

Imagine having to listen to a conversation like this...

"you OK lad?"
"yeah lad, I am lad, you lad?"
"yeah lad, I'm sound lad, what ya doin' now lad?"
"arrr lad, I'm just goin' down the gym lad, you lad?"
"me lad, just gonna go down the pub now lad?"
"ok lad, see ya soon lad"
"arr sound lad, yeah see ya soon lad..."

The girls have the same converation just replace lad with hun...

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

This gets used a lot where I live but they pronounce it and write it to each other as lawd! (Imagine it in an irish accent.. yes lawwwd)

Amanda xx

This gets used a lot where I live but they pronounce it and write it to each other as lawd! (Imagine it in an irish accent.. yes lawwwd)

Amanda xx

Euugh agreed! "Well lad? Any craic lad? No, you lad? No lad" no need!

A saying I cant stand is "an oldie but a goodie" I dont know why it just wrecks my head!

My friends in Greece laugh at me because I say eeeeee a lot and I use "like" all the time, coz am a Geordie like.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Hate the Facebook one.. Works at: "Full time mummy"
Ugh, I'm a full time mother too but don't consider it my occupation..bleh

Or worse....'Full time mad b&@#*rd!'

And they have always gone to "university of life"
Grrrr!

And they have always gone to "university of life"
Grrrr!

Oh god that too... or went to School of Hard Knocks. . . Aaaaaaargh!

Haha haven't seen this one yet... Mind you mine says full time human being... Should probably change that now :/

That always sounds wrong when it states "full time mummy at [insert childrens names here]" how do u work at a child?

The other fb thing that does my head in is when people are going out and they put status' up saying "gonna get on it like sonic with my b*tchez" really ?!

And its probably been said but "rant over" why not just use some punctuation? The reader will understand you are done exclaiming. People are funny.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

I always see on fb selling sites "looking for a 'chester drawers' it bugs the beejesus out of me, it's a chest.of.drawers!! Grrr!

My friend types chester draws and wartrope for wardrobe! Makes me laugh because until i met him i never knew people heard it that way! He re-writes the dictionary most days lmao

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back