Words/sayings that get on your nerves!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'Fancy you've had it'
If I say I fancy a chocolate or something my partner says fancy you've had it.

I don't even know what it means!!!!!!
😁 😡

What the hell DOES that mean??

My partners boss does this but she gets her phrases wrong eg. Instead of "you cant have carte Blanche" she said "you can't have car blanket" at an important managerial meeting!

PMSL !!! car blanket, never heard anyone get something so wrong

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

when people use the word "BLATANTLY" instead of "OBVIOUSLY" - it means two different things lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so many people are guilty of this.

I'm guilty of this tbh and I'm guilty of overusing the word literally..,, and getting the words genuinely and generally mixed up!!!

I got an A in GCSE English at school as well....

Don't know if it's already been mention but I hate when people say " just brought a new jumper" instead of bought! Where did you bring it from? Aaaarrrgggghhhhh

I hate when my partner uses factory talk. He works in a big factory with loads of men and sometimes it slips out.
The other day he referred to a workmate "nailing some girl" at the weekend.
It actually made me want to leave him

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Don't know if it's already been mention but I hate when people say " just brought a new jumper" instead of bought! Where did you bring it from? Aaaarrrgggghhhhh

Soooo many people say this!!! Where did they learn it?! So annoying.

The word "lol "when it's just used for anything, if it's a genuine laugh out loud moment then fine, but it's when it's used all the time for no reason at all , especially on Facebook or text

" good morning lol"
" what you up to lol"
" just picking my nose ..lol"

The word "lol "when it's just used for anything, if it's a genuine laugh out loud moment then fine, but it's when it's used all the time for no reason at all , especially on Facebook or text

" good morning lol"
" what you up to lol"
" just picking my nose ..lol"

I use lol all the time, I'm genuinely a person who could and will laugh at anything.. Lol :)

I use lol all the time, I'm genuinely a person who could and will laugh at anything.. Lol :)

Vixx are we the same person :)
I use lol far 2 much! I have to re read texts to see how many times I have written it because it looks stupid!
Although I hate it when I text the oh and all I get back is "lol" makes me want to punch him!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Vixx are we the same person :)
I use lol far 2 much! I have to re read texts to see how many times I have written it because it looks stupid!
Although I hate it when I text the oh and all I get back is "lol" makes me want to punch him!

I totally understand that, I feel the same when my older one just sends K

Put the O in front you lazy sh1tebag!!
Or child #3 extends hers words eg: thankkks Mumm *scratch my head*

I totally understand that, I feel the same when my older one just sends K

Put the O in front you lazy sh1tebag!!
Or child #3 extends hers words eg: thankkks Mumm *scratch my head*

I really don't get text talk! It annoys me!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I really don't get text talk! It annoys me!

I can't work out the txt carp quick enough and by the time I do I've missed my window of witt :)

hun is a very popular word and I have to say I have used it with some clients but I HATE it!!!

I did get a text from a client and the lady called me hun about 15 times, every other word was hun, hun, hun.

Mind you what's even worse is the blokes in Liverpool, especially younger generation who say "lad" after each and ever word.

Imagine having to listen to a conversation like this...

"you OK lad?"
"yeah lad, I am lad, you lad?"
"yeah lad, I'm sound lad, what ya doin' now lad?"
"arrr lad, I'm just goin' down the gym lad, you lad?"
"me lad, just gonna go down the pub now lad?"
"ok lad, see ya soon lad"
"arr sound lad, yeah see ya soon lad..."

The girls have the same converation just replace lad with hun...

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

My OH does this but uses "mate", it drives me bonkers!

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek mobile app

I hate when my partner uses factory talk. He works in a big factory with loads of men and sometimes it slips out.
The other day he referred to a workmate "nailing some girl" at the weekend.
It actually made me want to leave him

I work in an all male team in my day job and 'nailing' is probably the tamest word they use. Their current favourite exchange is, when they see an attractive woman in the paper/online/walking past:

Numpty 1: Cor what would you give her out of 10?
Numpty 2: Yeah I'd definitely give her one!

They're filthy creatures but I can't help but love them really, it's all bravado, their girlfriends/wives call and it's all 'yes dear, no dear, love you' !

I'm loving this thread... I agree with many here about the word 'Hun'!!
It makes my skin crawl. It's so sickly sweet and actually a bit insulting as a term of endearment I think. It's usually said after asking someone to do something and a look given to you after it's said with a sweet smirky smile....grrrrr (that term probably also annoys someone on here) hahahaha (and that)
Aww thanks hun for example why the hell just not say thank you for doing that I really appreciate it???
Another is the word ask or asked! I hear a lot of arksed or arks, e.g 'I arksed him to take me ere' I think it might be a London youth thing in certain areas but it makes me want to scream 'learn to say the word ASK properly!!

Why can't people say "OK" instead of using the word "cool"? :grr:

I always see on fb selling sites "looking for a 'chester drawers' it bugs the beejesus out of me, it's a chest.of.drawers!! Grrr!

Why can't people say "OK" instead of using the word "cool"? :grr:

Haha I say "ok cool..." all the time! Lol x

I saw a post on a selling page yesterday that said "no unreasonable offers refused". I was so tempted...

Latest posts

Back