Words/sayings that get on your nerves!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the sayings that annoy us as stated in posts above have made an apprearance on the "baby news but not mine thread"

"Fell pregnant"
"We" - there is no "we" in being pregnant.

Not nitpicking but it just really stood out since its been mentioned on here.

"Hun" seems to be coming up in a lot of threads too. I can't help but notice them all now. :D

Most of the sayings that annoy us as stated in posts above have made an apprearance on the "baby news but not mine thread"

"Fell pregnant"

"Hun" seems to be coming up in a lot of threads too. I can't help but notice them all now. :D

"Fell pregnant" doesn't bother me TOO much... it's when people just say "I fell" that bugs me. I feel like saying "Oh dear did you fall over?" Something else that's been bugging me for ages is the Help Link advert about the free boilers - the 'affordable warmth' one. The man is so annoying!

He. pauses. after. every. word. and. I. want. to. slap. him. very. hard. until. he. stops. doing. it.

"Fell pregnant" doesn't bother me TOO much... it's when people just say "I fell" that bugs me. I feel like saying "Oh dear did you fall over?" Something else that's been bugging me for ages is the Help Link advert about the free boilers - the 'affordable warmth' one. The man is so annoying!

He. pauses. after. every. word. and. I. want. to. slap. him. very. hard. until. he. stops. doing. it.

I read the "fell" one yesterday somewhere, with out the "pregnant" after it and had to laugh.

Not really a saying but I find it so annoying.... When strangers say to you "smile" or "Cheer up, might never happen"

There's nothing wrong with me, I'm perfectly fine and happy! I just don't have the most naturally smiley face. And if I walked around grinning like a Cheshire Cat you'd think I was a lunatic!!
The fact that they say it actually makes my face look even more miserable! Lol x

"Fell pregnant"

Along with. .. lovey, love, babe. ...ewww just awful!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

We're a grumpy bunch 😄

Amanda xx

Thanks Amanda, idea for a new thread.

I was in a shop earlier and heard someone say "I'm not going to lie, I don't think you'd get away with wearing a short"

A short. Just one single short. What happens to the other leg then?

A short, a skinny jean, a flared trouser..... NO!!

It was good to get that off my chest ha! :o

When couples call each other babe. Oh god I hate it and cringe really bad, I know lots of people say it but it's really annoying to me lol

I HATE people that say '""pacific" instead of "SPECIFIC"

No love ..... Pacific is an ocean - specific is precise!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Great minds ...I said this pages back. The hairdresser I work with says "pacifically" all the damn time and I cringe each and every time.

Arghhhhhhhh.

I'm really fed up with "some nails I done" too.

Make it stop!!!

Great minds ...I said this pages back. The hairdresser I work with says "pacifically" all the damn time and I cringe each and every time.

Arghhhhhhhh.

Make it stop!!!

I hate "I done" too! I read it on here all the time!

"Young lady" or "girl" sooo patronising if you are over the age of 18!

I despise being called the beautician!!!

When a client answers her phone she says " I am at the beauticians "

Please, I am not a beautician, I am a beauty therapist or beauty TERRORIST! :evil:

I was in a shop earlier and heard someone say "I'm not going to lie, I don't think you'd get away with wearing a short"

A short. Just one single short. What happens to the other leg then?

A short, a skinny jean, a flared trouser..... NO!!

It was good to get that off my chest ha! :o

This annoys me!! Also make up geeks please don't hate me, as I don't know if you say it or not but "a smokey eye" or a "nude lip". Just one.
Pacifically
Torlet (toilet)
Sangwidge (sandwich)

Grrrrr I'm getting angry thinking about this!!!!

Learned instead of taught
"I learned her"

Remember instead of remind
"I need to remember him to do that"

Arghhhh!!

sheeps! it's 1 sheep or 2 sheep

Arghhhhhhhh.

Make it stop!!!

My college tutor says it all the time too. Along with "looloona" for lunula!

At a checkout... Probably Morrisons. ..

Them: Hello, how are you today?

Me: good thank you.

Them: ooohhhh look at the weather, it's awful isn't it? Have you seen the floods? My nan was sitting on the sofa and all of a sudden she was in the kitchen. .. on her sofa.....the fish love it. .. and have you seen the ducks? They're setting up home in people's houses...........Would you like help packing?

Me: No thank you. .. looks at watch and starts huffing.

Them: ohhhhh what's this? Is It new? I haven't seen this before. . Is it nice? Do you buy it often? It's expensive isn't it?

Me: Grunts and looks at watch again.

20 minutes later. ...

Them: do you mind if I go on my break. .. we're just swapping over?

Me: Grunts and looks at the hour hand whizzing around like a circular saw.

Them: Hello, my name is partyjuikhuikol, have you seen the floods?

Me: grunts

Them: ohhhhh this is nice. Do you buy it often? I haven't seen this before. Is it new?

Me: :eek:

Them: that's £34,567... Do you have a savings card? Would you like cash back? Oh my machines broken. ..I need to call someone. ..

Me: looses the will to live.

Manager: " the shop will be closing in 3 minutes please make your way to the exit. ..

Me: (next day)..... Have you finished? :mad:

Should be in the grumpy old women thread......

At a checkout... Probably Morrisons. ..

Them: Hello, how are you today?

Me: good thank you.

Them: ooohhhh look at the weather, it's awful isn't it? Have you seen the floods? My nan was sitting on the sofa and all of a sudden she was in the kitchen. .. on her sofa.....the fish love it. .. and have you seen the ducks? They're setting up home in people's houses...........Would you like help packing?

Me: No thank you. .. looks at watch and starts huffing.

Them: ohhhhh what's this? Is It new? I haven't seen this before. . Is it nice? Do you buy it often? It's expensive isn't it?

Me: Grunts and looks at watch again.

20 minutes later. ...

Them: do you mind if I go on my break. .. we're just swapping over?

Me: Grunts and looks at the hour hand whizzing around like a circular saw.

Them: Hello, my name is partyjuikhuikol, have you seen the floods?

Me: grunts

Them: ohhhhh this is nice. Do you buy it often? I haven't seen this before. Is it new?

Me: :eek:

Them: that's £34,567... Do you have a savings card? Would you like cash back? Oh my machines broken. ..I need to call someone. ..

Me: looses the will to live.

Manager: " the shop will be closing in 3 minutes please make your way to the exit. ..

Me: (next day)..... Have you finished? :mad:

Hahaha! Virtues you are funny! Wish you had come on to the teenager thread! I made a special request for you and think MM would have liked you on too!

Hahaha! Virtues you are funny! Wish you had come on to the teenager thread! I made a special request for you and think MM would have liked you on too!

Ohhhhh sorry TJ. I've been working lately (for a change) . ..ha ha..boooooo. x

"It's been a rollercoaster year" - argghhhhh I hate this overused phrase

"I done these nails" - arghhhhhh! Did did did

"Init" - WTF!

"Can I lend your stuff" - borrow!

"So, how do you do this/where can I buy it/how much does it cost?" - Argghhhhh read the whole thread you lazy moo!!!!!!!

Sorry, I've got tangled up with the grumpy women thread, I'm feeling particularly grouchy tonight xx

Latest posts

Back