Working Tax Credits, self employed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownie

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know if self employed people are entitled to working tax credits. Also I must add I am 19?? Thanks x

There's an online calculator if you google it, I think you have to work at least 16 hours though :) xx

Yes you can, the same as you would employed, if you go to your local job centre they can advise you on what to do x

Yes you can as long as you work more than 16 hrs a week and earn less than a certain amount. (I can't remember the amount.) the amount you claim will differ due to age and circumstance but you should be able to claim something no problem. X

Think you can only get working tax credit if you are over (25 I think, worth checking hmrc website) but if you are under that certain age you dont get it unless you have kids you claim child tax credit for. Hth xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

Or even better google the tax credit helpline number and they will give you a definate answer xx

Think you can only get working tax credit if you are over (25 I think, worth checking hmrc website) but if you are under that certain age you dont get it unless you have kids you claim child tax credit for. Hth xx

That's right if you are under 25 you won't get any unless you have children. Best to ring hmrc and double check with them x

No you have to be 25 to claim working tax credits. You get 80 a month x

Do u have children? If u do have a child u can claim

Hi there - if you have children you must work 16 hours per week, if you are single with no children you must work 30 hours per week and be over 25, there is a working tax credit calculator on the HMRC website - if you type into google it should come up and that will help you work it out, I was trying to get them for my stepson who is 21 but no joy!

This is interesting,can self employed get working tax credit...sorry to jump on board

Self - employed are also entitled to working tax credit - there is a tax credit calculator if you type into google it should come up - i dont know your situation but also remember if you rent and are on a low income you are entitled to help on rent and council tax even although you are self employed x

Latest posts

Back