Working Wet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~bec~

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been using l&p for the first time recently, and i am finding that i like working wet......small balls......applying rather quicky...small amounts at a time. Im using creative retention liquid and perfect colour powder. I dont beleive this product is designed to work with so wet. Is there a l&p system that allows you to work with a wetter consistency or do i just need to alter my technique?????? Please help nail techs!!!!

There are other products I believe that say you can work with any ratio you like - personally I don't believe it LOL - There have to be over exposure implications on using a product in ratios different to those recommended. If the mix is too wet then the excess liquid will flood over the nail and surrounding skin - not necessarily good for the client or your pocket.

i should of explained better (oops!) ........my beads are not wet to the point of running over the nail and into the side walls but wet to the point where the bead almost (but doesnt) stick to the brush.

I'm having this same problem at the moment... I used to work with Odyssey l&p, stopped using it as I liked gel better. I've got the l&p out again but I'm finding I can't get my mix right... I am working too wet, but like you, I like it :irked:

I have heard that Tammy Taylor is designed to work a bit wetter, not sure about other brands.

I'm looking for a new brand right now (can't go Creative as can't afford the conversion right now... just booked a 1-2-1 session for trouble shooting so that's most of my money gone!). I picked up a bead of EZ Flow a few weeks ago and got the consistancy just right, but not sure if that was just fluke.

There are so many brands around, I've tried to do some research and done searches on brands like INM, Pinnacle, OPI... but am mainly drawing blanks, I can only really find opinions on EZ Flow and Creative. This isn't a criticism of the site, it goes to show they are more popular, but would be good if some other brands could post replies sometimes.

i wonder if we like working wetter because of the experience with gel????

i'm trained with tammy taylor products, and they are indeed designed to work wet. they are faster setting than some brands though.

I agree with Natural nails, working too wet can cause over exposure problems, try to alter your mix ratio, if working with retention use 11/2 liquid to 1 powder, I know its easier to work with it wet, but when you are applying correctly you will see the difference.

Don't know if this will be of any use, but I started using EZFlow Competitors Pink powder which is a fast set powder, it worked great for me for a couple of months....but as it was fast set, I found myself working wetter to be able to work and move the product and as time went by, I had all sorts of problems with product breakdown, ie major pocket lifting and really dry enhancements....took me a good three weeks of really hard work to sort them all out.....all the result of working too wet.

I have now returned to the A Polymer series, pink and I expect these problems to disappear now that I am working at the correct ratio again.

HTH

O.P.I.'s ABSOLUT is the best thing for techs that like to work wet. They say there are no exact mixing ratios, but to use as much powder as you want to go with the saturation of the brush. I don't work wet and I had some problems with ABSOLUT but other techs in my salon love it!

I was going to suggest absolute by opi I'm currently using it and love it.
Sam

Latest posts

Back