Worst nails she had ever seen

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
Hi Guys feeling pretty crap, just went into the hairdressers where I was renting a room to tell her that I was leaving (as starting at a beauty salon that has a client base already) she told me first that she did want to rent me the room, as she went somewhere else to get them removed on monday and the beautician said they were the worst nails she had ever seen:cry: ! apparently I had'nt even done the cuticles:rolleyes: think she meant I had'nt removed the eponyichium because I always do my cuticle work. Feeling pretty rubbish and thinking perhaps I should just jack it all in now.

Hun have a :hug: . Poor you!

For a start, how unprofessional of this other technician to slag off someone else's work. And it's true to say there is a lot of confusion about what is a cuticle! How long had she had the nails on for hun?

It is possible that the other beautician was suffering in the sour grapes department - if she is your competition it is quite unlikely that she would say they were fantastic.

If you are happy with the nails you do and other clients are then dont let this one person spoil it for you.

I only did them last week! Plus 1 of the 2 clients that had come to have her nails done was'nt happy she wanted them so short that they did not even come over the tip of her finger, so I was like ok fine, she was used to having her daughter do them, so before I started asked lots of questions as she wanted them done how they were normally done, she told me it was a thing that went under her nail so sculpts me thought nooooo she came back in the following day before I started and said she was going about trying to hide her hands they were that bad:eek: . The next day I saw her they were mostly good apart from I was a bit far away from the side wall on one of her pinkies, said she did not like the white so I said come back in and i'll remove them. That afternoon she comes in with no nails on she had picked them all off:mad: I had told her not to, but she insisted they all were falling off:confused:
So I did a set of tips used clear in zone 1, and pink for 2 & 3. Said they were great and left. She was in today having her hair done and I asked hows your nails? Guess what all off! they fell off in the bath she told me but the white marks on her nails told me they were picked off!!! plus she tried to tell me I had applied solar oil before I put the sculpts on no way I did that. I completly flattened bu this likes.

It is possible that the other beautician was suffering in the sour grapes department - if she is your competition it is quite unlikely that she would say they were fantastic.

If you are happy with the nails you do and other clients are then dont let this one person spoil it for you.

I seriously don't know Fiona, but everyone else I have done apart from these 2 have been happy, I mean I only qualified in Nov and they are far from excellent but I think they are good, I have'nt had that many clients yet so I'm going to buy a box of cheap tips off ebay and practice till I cant see!

That is certainly a much better attitude than giving up. LOL.

Maybe you could highlight some of the areas you need to improve and do some 1 to 1 troubleshooting.

I seriously don't know Fiona, but everyone else I have done apart from these 2 have been happy, I mean I only qualified in Nov and they are far from excellent but I think they are good, I have'nt had that many clients yet so I'm going to buy a box of cheap tips off ebay and practice till I cant see!

If you are feeling brave then why not put a picture up for critique, honestly it's the best way to get true advice on your good and bad points and give you a chance to improve any areas that need it ... in turn it should boost your confidence. Listen to the nice loyal clients and say goodbye to the not so nice ones!

I'll ask my friend very nicely if I can take some pics on her cam her just got a memory card for it :) Posted some a while back but taken with my phone and they were a bit blurred.

Sarah, you have not been doing nails for very long, you will have to put up with people doubting your ability (we all have to in the beginning) your critique pictures were very blurry and the nails quite pointy if i remember, you should take some clearer pics and get some advice from geeks in here. No excuses, just clear pictures (I hate looking at blurry pics, there's no point).

It does sound like they may be ganging up on you though, particularly after you mentioned you were leaving.

If you are feeling brave then why not put a picture up for critique, honestly it's the best way to get true advice on your good and bad points and give you a chance to improve any areas that need it ... in turn it should boost your confidence. Listen to the nice loyal clients and say goodbye to the not so nice ones!

Great Idea!!

Plus you say your creative qualified, Hun if you were that bad
1. Creative would not of passed you
2. Clients would never return to you and Surely you are not blind and obviously like the look of your nails, therefor they have to be good dont they? Anyways as I said you would have very very few clients!

Keep your chin up we all have our ups and downs. Ignor it and carry on - 1 persons opinion should not decide wether you have a future in nails!! xxxx:hug:

You need to harden up a little bit sweetheart, you'll come across people like this from time to time and you need to know how to deal with them.
You know yourself that the nails didn't just fall off, next time it happens get some Scrubfresh on a lintfree pad and give the naked nailplate a good rub, it'll show up all of the damage that the client has caused by picking/biting the enhancements off and you will hopefully feel better about the situation :hug:
Make sure they know you're not going to let them walk all over you, you can do it nicely, but they need to know.

You need to harden up a little bit sweetheart, you'll come across people like this from time to time and you need to know how to deal with them.
You know yourself that the nails didn't just fall off, next time it happens get some Scrubfresh on a lintfree pad and give the naked nailplate a good rub, it'll show up all of the damage that the client has caused by picking/biting the enhancements off and you will hopefully feel better about the situation :hug:
Make sure they know you're not going to let them walk all over you, you can do it nicely, but they need to know.

Hi Sandi,

Usually I am quite forthright but, I could see she had quite clearly pulled these off but I just thought well does'nt matter what I say she will still insist she did'nt! Think it was the Beauticians comment that really got me, I mean worst nails she had ever seen??? well I'm doing my friends nails tonight and I'll post pic's, and let the real nail techs decide :)

My application has been a bit off, but I know its my brush angle and I'm trying to rectify this just need more practice I think.
xx

I am also new to the nailtech bussiness, and I know it can be tricky.
Cause alot of factors are working against you, you don't have the speedness yet, get nervous and start fiddling.
You don't have such good product controle yet, you are unexperienced, you don't know how they look after their nails at home.
You are wondering if they like your nails?
You are being simply to good, cause you are just so happy having a client and hoping you will satisfy them!
And then when they are not, you are shocked, wondering if it is you who sucks!
It happens to me, and I believe it happens to every nail technician who started out,but if you believe in your own abilities and work hard for it you are going to be able to put all those unpleassant factors behind you.

Yesterday I also felt so insecure, cause had a nailday from hell , in the evening I poured me some glasses of wine, complainted on nailgeek about my terrible day.
Took my brush and forms, and made myself a great nail, and then I think dont make it yourself to hard, if you practise and believe yourself you will get there!
And yes we will loose some client along the way, and in an ideal world that wouldn't happen, but I regard that as regaining experience and practise, learn from your own mistakes!
So don't worry to hard, take your brush and forms and make yourself a great looking nail, and ask yourself if you would be that bad you could be able to sculp such a nail!

Thanks Tamar,

thats exaclty the position I seem to be in just now, glad I'm not the only one who feels like this xxxx

Believe me hun, there are people put there who always make new nail techs lives a misery.

i remember when i wasn't very confident too and always doubted myself, if there was a problem i would automatically blame myself. Thing is, these clients can smell it a mile away and take advantage. They know you are still gaining experience and think you will believe what they say.

I also think it is sour grapes too as was said previously. You are going to another salon and will probably do better than the other 2 techs. Keep with it Hun and your persistance will pay off.

Doesn't matter how long you take as long as your nails you do are as good as quality as possible, quality is better than quantity.

Chin up Hun, here if you need a chat.:hug:

Just wanted to send you big hugs :hug: :hug: as others geeks have really said what needed to be said! Try & stay positive hun, its frustrating but with practice & time all the little problems you have with your techniques will start to vanish!! You have to be strong & confident in yourself as this will then show to others who in turn will then not be able to make you doubt yourself!! :)

Does sound a bit like sour grapes, doesn't it? With you going to another salon and all. Keep your chin up, don't let this get you down. We've all been through something similar and as horrid as it is at the time, you will come through it and out the other side.

Hi Sarah!
I'm Claire I starteddoing nails 4 years ago and loved it! I knew i wasn't great but i had a passion anmd i loved to practise!
But eventually i gave up because i wasn't perfect! Then i reaslised practise makes perfect! I'm almost finished my beauty therapy course now and have got myself in a salon and am doing nails again and believe me i have had complaints and theres nobody who was as soft as me! Theres this one client who actually sits and examines my work and tells me what to do! I mean she is nice enough as a person but is obsessed with tellin me how to do her nails and what to do next! I have learned now that im doing my best and thats all ican do!
I hope to go further eventually and get where all the experienced geeks are, actually i am determined too and nobody is going to change that!
So keep your chin up do your best and you will get there be paitent love!!!
:lol:

Sarah, you have not been doing nails for very long, you will have to put up with people doubting your ability (we all have to in the beginning)
Yep Carl took the words right out of my mouth.

When I first started out, the amount of times I felt like throwing the towel in was just untrue! I use to dread doing the next client just in case something went wrong.

I use to constantly doubt myself, even after 6 years of doing nails I am still trying to achieve that perfect set. There are always areas that can be improved, I think I speak for many techs on here and not just Newbies either.

Just pick yourself up and go for it and your confidence will come with experience, time and lots of practice, trust me. (Walking proof!!) and still improving!!

Being a nail tech is not an easy job by any means. So don't worry yourself, us fellow geeks are always here to help, (and there are some damn good ones out there too).

Above all DON'T GIVE UP!:hug:

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSS 4 sarah

dont give up

xxoxox

Latest posts

Back