Would I class these as occassional nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailnewbie32

Reaction score
Hey girls, I have my first paying client on Thursday :eek: and after a few conversations with her she decided she wants her nails extended but doesn't want 'gel nails', she is also a nailbiter. She is going to a wedding and I did a few sample nails matching her oufit, because she will be away for the weekend I wanted her nails to last as just using a tip and polish might come off too soon.

So I was thinking of putting in a bit of strength with a couple of thin layers of brush on/soak off gel then doing my polish on top.

So a) is this the correct thing to do? b) for pricing reasons would these be clased as occassional nails?

Sorry if I sound dumb but as I said first paying customer........

Hey girls, I have my first paying client on Thursday :eek: and after a few conversations with her she decided she wants her nails extended but doesn't want 'gel nails', she is also a nailbiter. She is going to a wedding and I did a few sample nails matching her oufit, because she will be away for the weekend I wanted her nails to last as just using a tip and polish might come off too soon.

So I was thinking of putting in a bit of strength with a couple of thin layers of brush on/soak off gel then doing my polish on top.

So a) is this the correct thing to do? b) for pricing reasons would these be clased as occassional nails?

Sorry if I sound dumb but as I said first paying customer........

mmm.. i would do tip n dip. I class these as occasional nails. When i do tip n dip they last 2-3 weeks depending on the client x

Why doesnt she want gel nails? Is she one of those people that are under the impression that gel/acrylic nails are bad?
If she is a nail biter, there is not a lot you can do (that will last) without using some sort of hard product to lengthen and protect the nails i.e gel or acrylic other than using a full-coverage tip.

Why doesnt she want gel nails? Is she one of those people that are under the impression that gel/acrylic nails are bad?
If she is a nail biter, there is not a lot you can do (that will last) without using some sort of hard product to lengthen and protect the nails i.e gel or acrylic other than using a full-coverage tip.

Ah no she just doesn't like length in her nails for any long period, she normally just buys stick on nails for special occassions.

@missgiggles, I don't do acrylic so not an option :(

Hi,

I offer "weekend nails" which are, as you said "just stick on nails"

Theyre perfect for people like your client,and I, who only like length on theire nails for a short period of time,They do last around 5/6 days, but I always advise they can last 3/4 days,They really are fab for this purpose,as long as you use a good glue,and shape them well to fit the nail, they really do look great,and last.

You may not want to offer this service for this particular client, but thought i would just tell you that I do offer it as a service,and it is very popular.

well done for getting your first paying client, take pics for your portfolio,and let us know what you decided to do : )
Kate x

Hi,

I offer "weekend nails" which are, as you said "just stick on nails"

Theyre perfect for people like your client,and I, who only like length on theire nails for a short period of time,They do last around 5/6 days, but I always advise they can last 3/4 days,They really are fab for this purpose,as long as you use a good glue,and shape them well to fit the nail, they really do look great,and last.

You may not want to offer this service for this particular client, but thought i would just tell you that I do offer it as a service,and it is very popular.

well done for getting your first paying client, take pics for your portfolio,and let us know what you decided to do : )
Kate x

Thanks x It did cross my mind about using the nails ( I have loaaads I use for practicing on) She is a friend and as well as giving me a bit of business she just wants a pamper too :) I call her a client because she is paying me for a service, and not being my guinea pig :D Oh I hope that sounds like I mean it LOL

Thanks x It did cross my mind about using the nails ( I have loaaads I use for practicing on) She is a friend and as well as giving me a bit of business she just wants a pamper too :) I call her a client because she is paying me for a service, and not being my guinea pig :D Oh I hope that sounds like I mean it LOL

well, that`s still classed as a client! and she must be a good friend if she wants to pay you, so many of them will try to get freebies out of you : )

I would definately use "weekend nails" to make it seem like more of a treatment,and steer her away from thinking theyre only stick ons, you could give her a little manicure, get rid of all surface contaminants etc,apply & polish her nails and give her a littlehand & arm massage, bet she will love it : )
x

well, that`s still classed as a client! and she must be a good friend if she wants to pay you, so many of them will try to get freebies out of you : )

I would definately use "weekend nails" to make it seem like more of a treatment,and steer her away from thinking theyre only stick ons, you could give her a little manicure, get rid of all surface contaminants etc,apply & polish her nails and give her a littlehand & arm massage, bet she will love it : )
x

That was the plan :) Yeah she is a good friend and has watched me try soooo hard and wiped my tears when I wanted to give up. She was adamant about paying me as she asked me and no the other way around. Oh andshe is always moaning at me for doing freebies because I lacked confidence.

I should learn to stop typing, I started this and managed to chage the subject a tad LOL

That was the plan :) Yeah she is a good friend and has watched me try soooo hard and wiped my tears when I wanted to give up. She was adamant about paying me as she asked me and no the other way around. Oh andshe is always moaning at me for doing freebies because I lacked confidence.

I should learn to stop typing, I started this and managed to chage the subject a tad LOL

How cool is this friend of yours!!

We normally have posts on this site about friends taking the absolute mickey out of the nails techs and therapists.

Listen to her re the freebies -that is one of the best pieces of advice anyone can give you.

Jacqui xx

How cool is this friend of yours!!

We normally have posts on this site about friends taking the absolute mickey out of the nails techs and therapists.

Listen to her re the freebies -that is one of the best pieces of advice anyone can give you.

Jacqui xx

Believe me I have other friends/family who expect freebies 'sure you have the stuff anyway'

Well today went well :) She even gave me a tip :D The only complaint she had was I had too much colour choice and too many nice designs. I ended up doing a completely different finish on her nails than she had picked originally( btw white shatter is fab over a glimmer purple)

I'm a very happy bunny :D

Yeah she is a good friend and has watched me try soooo hard and wiped my tears when I wanted to give up. She was adamant about paying me as she asked me and no the other way around. Oh andshe is always moaning at me for doing freebies because I lacked confidence.

I like your friend.

Well today went well :) She even gave me a tip :D The only complaint she had was I had too much colour choice and too many nice designs. I ended up doing a completely different finish on her nails than she had picked originally( btw white shatter is fab over a glimmer purple)

I'm a very happy bunny :D

Awww, brilliant! well done : )
x

Thanks :) I am very chuffed with myself it was a nice confidence boost.

Gr8nailz I like her too :)

you have a very good mate .

Thanks :) I am very chuffed with myself it was a nice confidence boost.

Hi,

To keep your confidence going, start your own photo album of before and after shots. As you get more clients it is also a good way of showcasing different colours/designs you can do.

Latest posts

Back